When will Trump eliminate the national debt - like he promised?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
He said he would. So, when will he start? It ain't looking good so far...

Trump Promised to Eliminate National Debt in Eight Years.

DaRZELpX4AAI-iQ.jpg

Democrats never did, and it was fine with you. You didn't care. So why all the concern now?

That's not really the point here, is it?

The point is he said he'd do something and didn't do it, won't do it, doesn't care.

And yet you people will find excuses for that.

Democrats never did, and it was fine with you. You didn't care. So why all the concern now?

The point is he said he'd do something and didn't do it, won't do it, doesn't care.

Sounds exactly like your Messiah, yet you love and adore him and hate Trump. Confused much?

Partisans...ugh!

Sounds exactly like your Messiah, yet you love and adore him and hate Trump. Confused much?

Partisans...ugh!

It's nothing like me, as I am my Messiah.

But if you're talking about other politicians because you're confused, then there isn't much difference, they all lie, in fact the system FORCES them to lie.

You have two political parties and they're trying to gain as much support as possible, you can only do this by giving everyone what they want, which means you have to lie.

I prefer PR.

Partisans...ugh!

But if you're talking about other politicians because you're confused, then there isn't much difference, they all lie, in fact the system FORCES them to lie.

You have two political parties and they're trying to gain as much support as possible, you can only do this by giving everyone what they want, which means you have to lie.

I prefer PR.
Agreed. They all lie and the partisans are okay with their guy’s lies, but not the other parties liars.

Partisans...ugh!

I prefer PR.
Agreed. They all lie and the partisans are okay with their guy’s lies, but not the other parties liars.

Exactly, I think you keep forgetting who I am, which is okay, because I forget people all the time.

DaRZELpX4AAI-iQ.jpg
Moreover, from the article:
Trump predicted he could turn back the tide even though he thought the country was headed for a “very massive recession.”
Insofar as this time last year he thought the country was headed for a "very massive recession" and insofar as we know a POTUS can't prevent such things, no such thing has happened, the country must, per whatever be "Trump calculus," still be headed for a "very massive recession."

By "Xelor calculus," the country could well be headed for a recession. Indeed, that assertion may be among the few things Trump said that, given his ascendance, I think may be shown to be accurate.
  1. Sufficiently imprudent economic and/or financial management policies can kick-off or exacerbate a recession.
  2. Trump got elected.
  3. Trump will levy tariffs on essential raw materials.
  4. In retaliation, other nations will levy tariffs of their own.
  5. The trade war will initiate a recession.
Whether the recession will be massive is open to question.

He never promised to eliminate the national debt.
Notice how the Right, who always make up phony quotes, always deny the real quotes Tramp says.

Transcript: Donald Trump interview with Bob Woodward and Robert Costa

DT: We’re not a rich country. We’re a debtor nation. We’ve got to get rid of — I talked about bubble. We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.

BW: How long would that take?

DT: I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers . . . .

BW: What’s fairly quickly?

DT: Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.

Debt promises from both parties are bullshit. The banks own everything, including our politicians, and banks love debt. That problem isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:

Partisans...ugh!

I prefer PR.

Exactly, I think you keep forgetting who I am, which is okay, because I forget people all the time.
Sorry about that.

He never promised to eliminate the national debt.
Notice how the Right, who always make up phony quotes, always deny the real quotes Tramp says.

Transcript: Donald Trump interview with Bob Woodward and Robert Costa

DT: We’re not a rich country. We’re a debtor nation. We’ve got to get rid of — I talked about bubble. We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.

BW: How long would that take?

DT: I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers . . . .

BW: What’s fairly quickly?

DT: Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.

You do realize that there isn't any kind of promise there at all right? You can read at a level at LEAST high enough to see that right?

Finally decided to take me off ignore, eh?

At at any rate, I'm pretty sure you weren't holding Obama to those same standards. Funny how a party sets such high standards for the opposing party's president and not their own.

Oh, and let's not forget he's been in office for oh say, roughly 16 months? I guess you're the type that wants a snail to move at the speed of light, its natural and physical limitations notwithstanding.

When you can hold the next Democratic president to the same standards you hold for Trump, then you can presume to lecture me about what he did or didn't do.

DaRZELpX4AAI-iQ.jpg

Well, he'll just expect his supporters to ignore that.
Like they ignore his other lies.
LOL Clayton. How many of Obama's lies did you ignore? Everybody is willing to look the other way when it's their guy sitting behind the Resolute Desk.

Please don't.

Forum List

Back