When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

You seem to be residing in some alternate reality where the things that you THINK should be ARE in reality the way it is. NOT SO. The fact is that before Obergefell, many states were not recognizing same sex marriages from other states. The Defense of Marriage Act exempted states from having to do so and the full faith and credit clause of the constitution was never tested in court with respect to marriage. Quicker in most states......? Another fantasy.

I'm sure if advocates went the legislative route, they would have gotten far more States in that column. Instead, for the past decade or so, they went for the easy button, the court route. But again, it isn't about anything but forcing your will on others for you people, using the least democratic method possible.

Why convince the people when you can convince un-elected lawyers?
Bull! States like Alabama? Mississippi? Are you serious. The Federal court fulfilled it's proper role and function. Here is another example. A year after Obergefell, Mississippi was still resisting adoption by same sex couples: HRC Condemns Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s Statement of Support for LGBT Adoption Ban

Who cares? as long as they were required to recognize out of State marriages, then the issue is solved.

Mississippi is going to be Mississippi. How about we force NYC to follow Mississippi's gun laws?
Who cares?!! Now you are just getting stupid! Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. If you dismiss the issue of adoption, it's even more obvious that your claim of being for equality is bogus.

Being for equality doesn't mean thinking the constitution can be ignored to achieve it.
The constitution is not being ignored. I'm going to guess that you are, at best indifferent to equality and are just using a twisted interpretation of the Constitution to claim that you something other than what you are.,

I'm sure if advocates went the legislative route, they would have gotten far more States in that column. Instead, for the past decade or so, they went for the easy button, the court route. But again, it isn't about anything but forcing your will on others for you people, using the least democratic method possible.

Why convince the people when you can convince un-elected lawyers?
Bull! States like Alabama? Mississippi? Are you serious. The Federal court fulfilled it's proper role and function. Here is another example. A year after Obergefell, Mississippi was still resisting adoption by same sex couples: HRC Condemns Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s Statement of Support for LGBT Adoption Ban

Who cares? as long as they were required to recognize out of State marriages, then the issue is solved.

Mississippi is going to be Mississippi. How about we force NYC to follow Mississippi's gun laws?
Who cares?!! Now you are just getting stupid! Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. If you dismiss the issue of adoption, it's even more obvious that your claim of being for equality is bogus.

Being for equality doesn't mean thinking the constitution can be ignored to achieve it.
The constitution is not being ignored. I'm going to guess that you are, at best indifferent to equality and are just using a twisted interpretation of the Constitution to claim that you something other than what you are.,

I am a strict constructional federalist, with libertarian (small "l") leanings. I have never claimed to be anything else.

Government is not there to declare one form of butt hurt more equal than another form of butt hurt where there is no actual harm.

Do you think there was "harm" when Blacks were refused service at an establishment? If so, then what is the "harm" differential between blacks and homosexuals? If not, then never mind.

Who says a moral code doesn't apply to business dealings? Where is that written?

The “beast” spoken of in Revelation 13:17 says that, and those who are on his side agree…

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It is becoming apparent to me that this “mark” is not a physical or visual mark, but an ideological one. We are seeing the beginning of a time in which refusing to go along with the evil and madness that the Beast wishes to force on us will be punished by disallowing us from engaging in necessary commerce.
OMG! The beast? Biblical references? Now I know what we are dealing with here. . We are totally done here!

It's interesting that for some reason you just can't seem to debate and automatically dismiss with people of a religious persuasion.

Bigot.
I debate facts . I debate the law. I do not debate nonsense and mythology. It has no place in a discussion of civil rights.
Go 'debate' with your latest 'bum-boy'.

I am a strict constructional federalist, with libertarian (small "l") leanings. I have never claimed to be anything else.

Government is not there to declare one form of butt hurt more equal than another form of butt hurt where there is no actual harm.
No actual harm? That is exactly where your so called argument fails pathetically, and where you are exposed for what you are:

Children raised by gay or lesbian couples benefit when their parents are allowed to marry, America’s top pediatrics group said Thursday in support of same-sex marriage.

“If a child has two living and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond by way of civil marriage, it is in the best interest of their child(ren) that legal and social institutions allow and support them to do so, irrespective of their sexual orientation,” the American Academy of Pediatrics said in a policy statement.

Dr. Ellen Perrin, co-author of the policy statement, says marriage gives children of same-sex couples the same advantages of any married couple’s children.

“Marriage provides permanence and security for children, and those are extremely important for children’s well-being,” said Perrin, a professor at Tufts University School of Medicine who specializes in the developmental behavior of children. “(Marriage) allows them to grow up in an environment in which they’re confident of the solidity of their family and the fact that their family is just like every other family of kids they know in school.”

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/21/no-evidence-same-sex-marriage-harms-children-docs-say/

No actual harm? That is exactly where your so called argument fails pathetically, and where you are exposed for what you are:

Children raised by gay or lesbian couples benefit when their parents are allowed to marry, America’s top pediatrics group said Thursday in support of same-sex marriage.

“If a child has two living and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond by way of civil marriage, it is in the best interest of their child(ren) that legal and social institutions allow and support them to do so, irrespective of their sexual orientation,” the American Academy of Pediatrics said in a policy statement.

Dr. Ellen Perrin, co-author of the policy statement, says marriage gives children of same-sex couples the same advantages of any married couple’s children.

“Marriage provides permanence and security for children, and those are extremely important for children’s well-being,” said Perrin, a professor at Tufts University School of Medicine who specializes in the developmental behavior of children. “(Marriage) allows them to grow up in an environment in which they’re confident of the solidity of their family and the fact that their family is just like every other family of kids they know in school.”

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/21/no-evidence-same-sex-marriage-harms-children-docs-say/
How fucking perfect!
"If a child has two LIVING!!!!!! and capable parents................."
Fucking priceless!

With the 'American Academy of Pediatrics' being about 60 hard right wing pediatricians.

What does the "Q" stand for? I'm getting way behind on my alternative lifestyles.

What does the "Q" stand for? I'm getting way behind on my alternative lifestyles.

Q stands for 'queer'. Its a catch all for intersex folks, allies of the community, and the like.
It's just an anti-LGBT acronym, then? Not for real?

No, that the LGBT community generated acronym. Apparently so many letters had been added that it was getting ridiculous. I think before they added the 'q' it was up to LGBTQIAPK. They just lumped everything after T into 'Q'.

Q stands for 'queer'. Its a catch all for intersex folks, allies of the community, and the like.
It's just an anti-LGBT acronym, then? Not for real?

No, that the LGBT community generated acronym. Apparently so many letters had been added that it was getting ridiculous. I think before they added the 'q' it was up to LGBTQIAPK. They just lumped everything after T into 'Q'.

Yes. It should have simply been an "F". They are all freaks and should be in a carnival side show.

So not being able to get the exact cake you want from the exact baker you want is going to stop a wedding?

Let's face it.
They have always had and will always have 'Itheeeeews'.
Their entire lives are nothing but 'Itheeeews'.
They aren't 'men' and they aren't 'women'. They are 'contreras'.
I don't give a shit what anyone what's to do with their genitals.
Just don't keep bothering me with your 'Itheeeews' and demanding I should give a shit.
I don't.

So not being able to get the exact cake you want from the exact baker you want is going to stop a wedding?
The most recent discussion has been about actual marriage and adoption......but you knew that, so cut out the crap

No actual harm? That is exactly where your so called argument fails pathetically ...

Not helping someone isn't the same as harming them.
Oh please is that the best that you can do? You're just playing idiotic and childish word games now because you have nothing better.

Not at all. It's fundamental to the discussion, and to a broader conception of what rights mean in the first place. It's the same discussion that comes up in every effort to establish a "right" to someone else's service. It's the same discussion that comes up with the so-called "right" to healthcare. If not having a cake baked for you is harming you, who is guilty of inflicting that harm? Everyone who didn't bake you a cake that day?

No actual harm? That is exactly where your so called argument fails pathetically ...

Oh please is that the best that you can do? You're just playing idiotic and childish word games now because you have nothing better.

Not at all. It's fundamental to the discussion, and to a broader conception of what rights mean in the first place. It's the same discussion that comes up in every effort to establish a "right" to someone else's service. It's the same discussion that comes up with the so-called "right" to healthcare. If not having a cake baked for you is harming you, who is guilty of inflicting that harm? Everyone who didn't bake you a cake that day?
The issue on the tables was about harm to children when parents are not able to marry and adopt them. You are avoiding that for obvious reasons.

I didn't use the word "living" in the OFFICIAL STATEMENT!!!!!!
Fucking idiots!
Can't even be bothered to proofread.

Forum List

Back