Where Did Saddam's Old Army Go?

R

rdean

When I posted links showing they joined Isis, USMB Republicans called me stupid.

So where did Saddam's old army go?

When I posted links showing they joined Isis, USMB Republicans called me stupid.

Well certainly not many joined ISIS because the Iraqi army is about 10 times the size of ISIS. There are a number of Saddam's army personnel still serving but most are new recruits that have never seen action.

Most of the army around Baghdad is well trained and disciplined. The army in the rest of the country isn't. They are poorly coordinated and lack discipline. They also have more allegiance to various religious and secular groups than the nation so they fight those they choose to fight.

Bush/Cheney disbanded them after the invasion, sending them home with no jobs, and no hope to support their families.

Recently, Bush was asked why they did that.

His answer? "I don't remember".

Thanks, wingnuts.

A H A !

Of course... ISIS, that's where Saddam's army went to. Makes perfect sense.

Saddam had over a million men in his army. How many men does ISIS have?

This was long before ISIS. Many joined insurgent militias and jihadists to support themselves and their families. Even more with W's boy Maliki and after Booosh's world economic meltdown. Great job, Pubbies!

This was long before ISIS. Many joined insurgent militias and jihadists to support themselves and their families. Even more with W's boy Maliki and after Booosh's world economic meltdown. Great job, Pubbies!
So just wondering,what was the pay given out by an insurgent group,how well did it pay for them to join up,must have been ok,if they were supporting families on an insurgent salary?

So just wondering,what was the pay given out by an insurgent group,how well did it pay for them to join up,must have been ok,if they were supporting families on an insurgent salary?
After the US purging of Iraqi soldiers, any pay was better than zero.These people were barred from working in Iraq. How would they get money to feed themselves and their families? Isis is a direct result of idiotic US policy.

Many of them became insurgents. This is why I have said many times since 2003 that Bush's decision to demobilize the Iraqi Army will go down in history as one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

ISIL is paying $1000 per month to Iraqi military currently making $600 per month.

Many of them became insurgents. This is why I have said many times since 2003 that Bush's decision to demobilize the Iraqi Army will go down in history as one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

And the far left hack shows his true colors as it is based on far left programming.

Bush/Cheney disbanded them after the invasion, sending them home with no jobs, and no hope to support their families.

Recently, Bush was asked why they did that.

His answer? "I don't remember".

Thanks, wingnuts.

And the far left propaganda continues..
In Wingnut World, the truth is propaganda.

Yes this from a programmed far left Obama drone..

The irony of the comments from these far left drones.

On the issue of disbanding the Saddam Hussein-era Iraqi army, Bremer insisted that “there was no army to disband”.

And the far left hack shows his true colors as it is based on far left programming.
Dispute it or shut up.

Obama ended a successful war in Iraq, he screwed it up.

Dispute it or shut up.

So in other words the old far left prove me wrong tactic..

Can not prove a negative however it has been prove many times over and over on this board and the far left drones will still cite propaganda over facts..

Want to see it again?

On the issue of disbanding the Saddam Hussein-era Iraqi army, Bremer insisted that “there was no army to disband”.

Forum List

Back