Alexander Vilenkin (Russian: Алекса́ндр Виле́нкин,Ukrainian: Олександр Віленкін; 13 May 1949, Kharkiv,[1] Ukraine, Soviet Union) is Professor of Physics and Director of the Institute of Cosmology at Tufts University. A theoretical physicist who has been working in the field of cosmology for 25 years, Vilenkin has written over 150 papers. Soon after Paul Steinhardt presented the first example of eternal inflation, Vilenkin showed that eternal inflation is generic.[2] Working with Arvin Borde and Alan Guth, In 2003, he showed that a period of inflation has to have a beginning and there has to be a period that precedes it.[3] This is a problem because, without a theory to explain the conditions before inflation, it is not possible to determine how likely it is for inflation ever to occur. Some considerations suggest that the probability is very small, resulting the "initial conditions problem.”

He also introduced the idea of quantum creation of the universe from a quantum vacuum. His work in cosmic strings has been pivotal.

Vilenkin received his undergraduate degree in physics in 1971 in the former Soviet Union (University of Kharkiv). He later moved to the United States, where he obtained his Ph.D. at Buffalo. His work has been featured in numerous newspaper and magazine articles in the United States, Europe, Soviet Union, and Japan, and in many popular books.
Did he ever conclude scientifically what might have been before the BB? No? Got it.
Did the Universe Begin? | Closer to Truth

All of these leading scientists, think like I do. Consciousness rather than emerging late in the development of space and time is the source of space and time. You think you are smart but you aren't. You are intellectually dead.
So nobody ever concluded scientifically what might have been before the BB. Thanks for clearing that up.
Btw, links to interviews isn't real proof.

Alexander Vilenkin (Russian: Алекса́ндр Виле́нкин,Ukrainian: Олександр Віленкін; 13 May 1949, Kharkiv,[1] Ukraine, Soviet Union) is Professor of Physics and Director of the Institute of Cosmology at Tufts University. A theoretical physicist who has been working in the field of cosmology for 25 years, Vilenkin has written over 150 papers. Soon after Paul Steinhardt presented the first example of eternal inflation, Vilenkin showed that eternal inflation is generic.[2] Working with Arvin Borde and Alan Guth, In 2003, he showed that a period of inflation has to have a beginning and there has to be a period that precedes it.[3] This is a problem because, without a theory to explain the conditions before inflation, it is not possible to determine how likely it is for inflation ever to occur. Some considerations suggest that the probability is very small, resulting the "initial conditions problem.”

He also introduced the idea of quantum creation of the universe from a quantum vacuum. His work in cosmic strings has been pivotal.

Vilenkin received his undergraduate degree in physics in 1971 in the former Soviet Union (University of Kharkiv). He later moved to the United States, where he obtained his Ph.D. at Buffalo. His work has been featured in numerous newspaper and magazine articles in the United States, Europe, Soviet Union, and Japan, and in many popular books.
Did he ever conclude scientifically what might have been before the BB? No? Got it.

All of these leading scientists, think like I do. Consciousness rather than emerging late in the development of space and time is the source of space and time. You think you are smart but you aren't. You are intellectually dead.
So nobody ever concluded scientifically what might have been before the BB. Thanks for clearing that up.

You actually have to watch the videos to know what they say.

People talking isn't real, peer-reviewed, scientific proof. Geez, don't you have ANY? :dunno:

People talking isn't real, peer-reviewed, scientific proof. Geez, don't you have ANY? :dunno:
But these are the guys who write the peer reviewed papers.

Then link to that, you'll be more credible in your posts. As well as easier to understand, your link had dozens of videos. With linking to their paper, you can directly quote the relevant part and then put the link if we need to investigate further.

Then you arguing there is no such thing as God and physical nature created itself. I don't believe that and I don't think science has proven it. Sorry.
I'm not arguing that. I am arguing how He did it. I am arguing that this proves a first cause.
You cannot "prove" a "first cause" even if your conceptual definitions made any sense.
I already have. Science and reason sense tell us that the Laws of Nature were in place before space and time were created. Science and reason tell us that there must be a first cause. Science and reason tell us that the attributes of the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.
You obviously know little about science & reason, and "first cause" is your fantasy bullshit.

The universe requires a creator because physical nature cannot create itself. Likewise, the laws of nature cannot create themselves.
You should take a Philosophy of Science class.
A "creator"?
Who created the "creator"?
:)
You are making an argument of a child. Atheism truly is an intellectual dead end.
Who is discussing atheism?
All real scientists are agnostic.
All real philosophers are logical.

Then link to that, you'll be more credible in your posts. As well as easier to understand, your link had dozens of videos. With linking to their paper, you can directly quote the relevant part and then put the link if we need to investigate further.
I have already quoted the relevant part. You dismissed it. Space and time came into existence through quantum mechanics which followed the law of conservation. Which means these laws were in place before space and time were created just like vile Kim said in the videos.

Then you arguing there is no such thing as God and physical nature created itself. I don't believe that and I don't think science has proven it. Sorry.
I'm not arguing that. I am arguing how He did it. I am arguing that this proves a first cause.
You cannot "prove" a "first cause" even if your conceptual definitions made any sense.
I already have. Science and reason sense tell us that the Laws of Nature were in place before space and time were created. Science and reason tell us that there must be a first cause. Science and reason tell us that the attributes of the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.
You obviously know little about science & reason, and "first cause" is your fantasy bullshit.
I know that the leading model for how our universe is inflation theory and according to that there was a beginning and the laws of nature were in place before space and time was created. What do you know?

The universe requires a creator because physical nature cannot create itself. Likewise, the laws of nature cannot create themselves.
A "creator"?
You are making an argument of a child. Atheism truly is an intellectual dead end.
You don't seem very logical to me.

You aren't an agnostic either.

I have already quoted the relevant part. You dismissed it. Space and time came into existence through quantum mechanics which followed the law of conservation. Which means these laws were in place before space and time were created just like vile Kim said in the videos.
Got a proper link?

Got a proper link?
Yes, I have already given it to you, several times. There is no evidence you will accept. Your mind has already been made up.

If all the conserved numbers of a closed universe are equal to zero, then there is nothing to prevent such a universe from being spontaneously created out of nothing. In quantum mechanics, any process which is not strictly forbidden by the conservation laws will happen with some probability. So the creation of space and time followed the law of conservation. The law existed before space and time.

Last edited:

Got a proper link?
"What Came Before the Big Bang? | DiscoverMagazine.com

Yet the explanation still leaves a huge mystery unaddressed. Although a universe, in Vilenkin’s scheme, can come from nothing in the sense of there being no space, time or matter, something is in place beforehand — namely the laws of physics. Those laws govern the something-from-nothing moment of creation that gives rise to our universe, and they also govern eternal inflation, which takes over in the first nanosecond of time.

That raises some uncomfortable questions: Where did the laws of physics reside before there was a universe to which they could be applied? Do they exist independently of space or time? “It’s a great mystery as to where the laws of physics came from. We don’t even know how to approach it,” Vilenkin admits. “But before inflation came along, we didn’t even know how to approach the questions that inflation later solved. So who knows, maybe we’ll pass this barrier as well.”

Got a proper link?
Yes, I have already given it to you, several times. There is no evidence you will accept. Your mind has already been made up.

If all the conserved numbers of a closed universe are equal to zero, then there is nothing to prevent such a universe from being spontaneously created out of nothing. In quantum mechanics, any process which is not strictly forbidden by the conservation laws will happen with some probability. So the creation of space and time followed the law of conservation. The law existed before space and time.
Post a link to a credible site with real proof. Because so far, you still have nothing.

Got a proper link?

Yet the explanation still leaves a huge mystery unaddressed. Although a universe, in Vilenkin’s scheme, can come from nothing in the sense of there being no space, time or matter, something is in place beforehand — namely the laws of physics. Those laws govern the something-from-nothing moment of creation that gives rise to our universe, and they also govern eternal inflation, which takes over in the first nanosecond of time.

That raises some uncomfortable questions: Where did the laws of physics reside before there was a universe to which they could be applied? Do they exist independently of space or time? “It’s a great mystery as to where the laws of physics came from. We don’t even know how to approach it,” Vilenkin admits. “But before inflation came along, we didn’t even know how to approach the questions that inflation later solved. So who knows, maybe we’ll pass this barrier as well.”
"Vilenkin’s answer is by no means confirmed, and perhaps never can be". This does not pass scientific scrutiny. You still have nothing. Please try again.

Got a proper link?

"Vilenkin’s answer is by no means confirmed, and perhaps never can be". This does not pass scientific scrutiny. You still have nothing. Please try again.
Do you realize how stupid you look?

Post a link to a credible site with real proof. Because so far, you still have nothing.

Who knew that Discover Magazine, a magazine devoted to science, was not a credible source?

Last edited:
I know that the leading model for how our universe is inflation theory and according to that there was a beginning and the laws of nature were in place before space and time was created. What do you know?
I do NOT know what transpired billions of years ago, and anyone who says they "know" is a fool.

Yes, the BIgBang is currently the leading theory. The theory appears to explain observations better than Hoyle's Steady State theory or other proposed explanations, but BB is only a theory.
Even if BB was irrefutable, it would not explain where the "singularity" came from, and if there are other "universes".
There is definitely no "knowledge" of any "beginning".

A "creator"?
If I am not agnostic, then you are not religious.

A "creator"?
Who said I was religious, dipshit? I am awake. You on the other hand make arguments of an atheist. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck.

A "creator"?
Who said I was religious, dipshit? I am awake. You on the other hand make arguments of an atheist. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck.
What? You are NOT religious? Not a theist? You certainly walk like such a duck!

YES, i am NOT a theist, but that does not automatically make me an atheist, "dipshit"!
However, i am not a believer in ANY of your theistic claims, so from your illogical standpoint, i am an atheist.
However, with regard to the possibility of there being a."god", i am agnostic.
Try to keep up.

Forum List

Back