Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

A 12 week old fetus doesn't feel any pain.
Maybe you can provide proof of this.
Any creature feels pain......they just don't understand it the same way.

Do you know how to use the Google?

Study Fetus feels no pain until third trimester - Health - Women s health NBC News

Fetuses Feel Pain at 20 Weeks and 4 Other Anti-Abortion Myths Mother Jones
Mother Jones and NBC???????
You can't be serious????
Give me a friggen break!!!

Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco reviewed dozens of studies and medical reports and said the data indicate that fetuses likely are incapable of feeling pain until around the seventh month of pregnancy, when they are about 28 weeks old.

Based on the evidence, discussions of fetal pain for abortions performed before the end of the second trimester should not be mandatory, according to the study appearing in Wednesday’s Journal of the American Medical Association.

It says "likely" are incapable of feeling pain.......meaning it is an opinion.....not a fact.

You keep thinking that.

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being.

Maybe you can provide proof of this.
Any creature feels pain......they just don't understand it the same way.

Do you know how to use the Google?

Study Fetus feels no pain until third trimester - Health - Women s health NBC News

Fetuses Feel Pain at 20 Weeks and 4 Other Anti-Abortion Myths Mother Jones
You can't be serious????

Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco reviewed dozens of studies and medical reports and said the data indicate that fetuses likely are incapable of feeling pain until around the seventh month of pregnancy, when they are about 28 weeks old.

Based on the evidence, discussions of fetal pain for abortions performed before the end of the second trimester should not be mandatory, according to the study appearing in Wednesday’s Journal of the American Medical Association.

It says "likely" are incapable of feeling pain.......meaning it is an opinion.....not a fact.

You keep thinking that.

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being.
What is it connected too?

Being a vegetable? Of course everything about the process is the work of creating a human-being. I don't care what laws you try to erect to protect you legally, you are committing a crime if you abort a child.

The reason the Bible doesn't talk about when a baby becomes a viable human-being is because it assumes that children must be protected in the womb or outside no matter how developed they are. It says specifically that anyone who does anything to harm the innocent are committing a terrible crime. He spoke specifically about molestation, because abortion wasn't an issue back then, but bringing harm to children at any stage "it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he was drowned in the depth of the sea.”

So if you are willing to risk it, go ahead and murder the unborn.

You keep thinking that.

Being a vegetable? Of course everything about the process is the work of creating a human-being. I don't care what laws you try to erect to protect you legally, you are committing a crime if you abort a child.

The reason the Bible doesn't talk about when a baby becomes a viable human-being is because it assumes that children must be protected in the womb or outside no matter how developed they are. It says specifically that anyone who does anything to harm the innocent are committing a terrible crime. He spoke specifically about molestation, because abortion wasn't an issue back then, but bringing harm to children at any stage "it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he was drowned in the depth of the sea.”

"I don't care what laws you try to erect to protect you legally..."

Well actually, there are laws that establish a reasonable compromise between issues such as woman's health, her choices in consultation with her family, conscience and doctor and the issue of viability relative to a developing fetus.

Out of the madrassah and into the womb zealots will be required to abide by the law.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.
I was wondering, do you have to take it out of the pan before it can be called a pancake?.......

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

Sperm has zero potential to create life until the female ovum is introduced into the equation. Interestingly, the ovum does have autonomous potential to create life as seen in certain animals that can spontaneously reproduce in all-female groups. Parthenogenesis it's called. DNA testing has confirmed the parentage of fish and think some reptiles have done it. Some evolutionary safeguard if populations dwindle and face extinction, the females suddenly become pregnant and conceive.

Fetus, zygote, baby, human are just words. The pro-baby killing arguement depends on temporal distinctions. This is a not-baby, this is a baby. But if you don't fiddle with it it becomes a baby. Assuming everything goes right of course.

Arguements for abortion because something isn't a baby but rather a not-baby opens the doors to some really messed up stuff. Like what if genetic testing of 'not-babies' comes to fruition and we start saying who's viable and who isn't aborting the non-viables, or those whose genetics mean they'll be born with some chronic condition that presents a massive financial burden on both parents and state? Do we start a fetal death panel to decide who's worth letting be born and who isn't? That tech is already extant, it just isn't cheap enough to market as yet. But it will be eventually. And this question and related ones will have to be addressed in law.

The Bible has no problem with abortion and killing babies so your question is moot.

Yes, it's bogus. A 12 week old fetus does tend to be difficult to locate among the blood, tissue and blood clots that come from a miscarriage, being that they are so small. But, when the fetus/embryo is found, all you have to do is look at the arms and know there is no possible way it can rub its eyes. The arms are not long enough.

????....so this image from Parent magazine of an 11 week old fetus is bogus?....
ss_week11_3D_ultrasound.jpg

First Trimester Fetal Development Images of Your Growing Baby

Last edited:
Jeremiah 1:4-5 ESV /

Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 127:3 ESV /

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Exodus 21:22-25English Standard Version (ESV)

22 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if there is harm,[a] then you shall pay life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
These bible passages were written by men, devoid of fact and authority, and are consequently legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

One is at liberty to use such subjective religious dogma to guide his personal life, but he is not at liberty to use such subjective religious dogma as justification to compel conformity in secular law.
they do, however, legitimately answer the question, which was "what does the Bible say about......"

A 12 week fetus is indistinguishable from any other placental animal at the same stage of development, at that stage there is little difference between a human, a dog, a mouse, or an elephant.
I imagine any doctor out there could tell you the difference in a second......if not, there is always DNA evidence........

You can't be serious????

You keep thinking that.

Well actually, there are laws that establish a reasonable compromise between issues such as woman's health, her choices in consultation with her family, conscience and doctor and the issue of viability relative to a developing fetus.

Out of the madrassah and into the womb zealots will be required to abide by the law.
Any reproductive procedure is very tightly wrapped in the legal protections of "women's healthcare", whether it is a matter of health or simply convenience. I know it's not cool to want to protect the life of "unborns". Frankly, birthdays are only counted once the baby leaves the birthcanal....primarily because the actual conception date and time are sort of an unknown.....or at least are today...and have always been so. Not to mention the stigma that surrounds sex. So once the baby is free of the protections (or non-protections) of a mother's womb is what has always been considered the date of birth.

I'm just glad my parents weren't into small families, because I am the youngest of 5. My mother was "punished with a baby" several times. I wouldn't even be here if my parents were Clintons or Obama's who think big families are a curse.

The Bible teaches that once the "fetus" passes out of the womb at birth the soul fairy comes by with her magic wand and makes it a human being with a live soul.
lol.....is that from 1 Imagination 4:2?......

The majority of Americans support abortion rights:

Majority Supports Legal Abortion But Details Indicate Ambivalence - ABC News

The debate occurs over limitations beginning at 20 weeks or at 24 weeks.

Regards from Rosie

Abortion polls 2014 Do most Americans think most abortions should be illegal
The report claims that these numbers show most Americans think abortion should be illegal in all but a few cases:

Do you even read your own link?

In YOUR link it says that those numbers are a result of pro-life spin.

The actual number who think abortion should be legal in at least the first trimester is 61%

Go back and reread your own link. It doesn't say what you think it does.

Your number is a Fox News type lie. The news channel that got a Federal Judge's permission to air lies.

Regards from Rosie

Why do keep insisting on using Fox when my links have been Gallup and Saletan.
I copied the words right from the link of Saletan not Fox.

Gallup 77% identify as Christian.
You said The 20th Century almost completely removed religion from secular society.
I said that you are wrong because 75% of this country is Christian
In U.S. 77 Identify as Christian
I said nothing about gay marriage you brought that up.
You need to stop twisting and adding things.

I am telling you that you are wildly exaggerating.

America is not a Christian nation and was not founded to be one.

Today's laws are not written to be in accord with or follow the Bible.

A good percentage of Americans who call themselves Christian belong to liberal Christian sects and support abortion rights.

You cannot just throw a number out and then avoid learning what these numbers actually mean

It would help if you would actually read your OWN link first. I should not have to teach you what your own link says.

Regards from Rosie

Wildly exaggerating on what?
You never explained what you meant.

I did read my link and I put up the words right from the link, It seems you want to ignore them.

I said that different polls show that there is 75% to 80% that say they are Christian in this Nation. Nothing else
You are the one who assumed to think that I said something that I didn't.
You are also the one who kept talking about Fox News when none of my links was from Fox.

Many of our laws are and still are written with Christian principals but that is a discussion for another thread.

I never said anything in this thread about America being a Christian Nation. This is for another discussion for another thread.
You are trying to deflect and add other things that is not about the topic of this thread.

I also never said that abortion should be outlawed.
I have said many times in the past in other threads that I believe we should never have to return to back room Abortion Clinics.
I have said many times that tax money should not pay for them.

It seems that many on the left do not want to educate women on the unborn child, not being a lump of nothing, before they make the decision to abort.

Before such philosophical questions arose during the enlightenment our more primitive ancestors didn't consider an infant a person until it was accepted by the father, if not it was usually abandoned to the night scavengers at the edge of the village. The practice was so ubiquitous as to go unremarked in the bible except for the story of Moses which had a happy ending.

fetus in latin means offspring

a term used for pre natal mammals

It doesn't and in fact God was okay with abortion.

Bible link please.

You keep thinking that.

Any reproductive procedure is very tightly wrapped in the legal protections of "women's healthcare", whether it is a matter of health or simply convenience. I know it's not cool to want to protect the life of "unborns". Frankly, birthdays are only counted once the baby leaves the birthcanal....primarily because the actual conception date and time are sort of an unknown.....or at least are today...and have always been so. Not to mention the stigma that surrounds sex. So once the baby is free of the protections (or non-protections) of a mother's womb is what has always been considered the date of birth.

I'm just glad my parents weren't into small families, because I am the youngest of 5. My mother was "punished with a baby" several times. I wouldn't even be here if my parents were Clintons or Obama's who think big families are a curse.
the first amendment prevents you from making your religious beliefs into MY law.

keep your own beliefs. stay out of mine. i don't believe in yours.
yet you have no problem with the law making YOUR beliefs the law......
Women's health care is not about your extremist beliefs.

Bible link please.
There are a few but here is one to get you started:

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

You keep thinking that.

the first amendment prevents you from making your religious beliefs into MY law.

We have no problem with it being women's health or to educate them that it is not just a lump of cells.
We do have a problem with abortion for convenience which makes that little life inside meaningless.

and as soon as the law requires you to have an abortion you can complain.

until then, keep your beliefs away from other people. because no one cares.

You keep thinking that.

We have no problem with it being women's health or to educate them that it is not just a lump of cells.
We do have a problem with abortion for convenience which makes that little life inside meaningless.

your "problem" is *your* problem... not mine or anyone elses.

don't exercise your right to choice. just leave your religious beliefs out of my business and everyone else's.

Forum List

Back