WHere does the buck stop now?

And we damn sure don't need to be screwing with China.

You sure? Why not just let Ted Cruz loose on them. He will get their asses straightened out by telling them it's all Obama fault if their investments get shaky.

And of course, as all the economic experts on this message board will tell you, there is nothing wrong with default. I mean, Dems said the sequester was gonna be bad. It wasn't. They said the shut down was gonna be bad, but Rethugs love the shut down.

Now the rethugs on here are hoping for a default on debt. Just to show all the rest of us how bad it won't be and how good following Republicans ideas could be.

Now China and Japan are worried about their investments. Just let Cruz talk to them.

No he didn't.

Oh gosh.

You folks are something else.

Gingrich shut the government down twice. They essentially wanted to kill Medicare, the EPA and SSI.

Clinton didn't budge.

And they wound up impeaching him.

And we damn sure don't need to be screwing with China.

You sure? Why not just let Ted Cruz loose on them. He will get their asses straightened out by telling them it's all Obama fault if their investments get shaky.

And of course, as all the economic experts on this message board will tell you, there is nothing wrong with default. I mean, Dems said the sequester was gonna be bad. It wasn't. They said the shut down was gonna be bad, but Rethugs love the shut down.

Now the rethugs on here are hoping for a default on debt. Just to show all the rest of us how bad it won't be and how good following Republicans ideas could be.

Now China and Japan are worried about their investments. Just let Cruz talk to them.

Only the President can decide if we should default.

Only he can break the law and not pay the interest on our debt of 20 billion a month with the 200+ billion we take in on tax revenue a month.

Blame the "rethugs" as you so childishly call them all you want.

But the bottom line is...the law states that the interest in our debt is to be paid....and only an executive order can prevent that.

BWBh8uBCEAAjI6b.jpg-large.jpg

dimocraps are dishonest, lying scumbags.

All of them

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ydZTHPkOnvE]Obama on raising the Debt Ceiling during his 2008 Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zZSMdlINVAk]Obama Economics - Raising the Debt Ceiling Does Not Increase Our Debt! - YouTube[/ame]

Uh, not what I meant.

But you knew that. ;)

It takes a lot of "smarts" to say "I don't want to discuss it"

ariborne1.jpg

I was Airborne Infantry for years on active duty, and, yes, the mainstream GOP is better than the extremist reactionaries to the far right.

George Will and so many other GOP calmer heads are calling to an end of the political terrorism of the far right.

George Will and so many other GOP calmer heads are calling to an end of the political terrorism of the far right.

"Calmer heads", translation: Useful idiots, can and will always provide cover for the totalitarian that wants nothing better than for the masses to take the word of one voice that they can control by holding out a carrot of compromise, when in reality, they are just a tool.

No he didn't.

Oh gosh.

You folks are something else.

Gingrich shut the government down twice. They essentially wanted to kill Medicare, the EPA and SSI.

Clinton didn't budge.

And they wound up impeaching him.

Really?
Harsh words were used on both sides.

And yet common sense also existed and conversations continued.
Ultimately President Clinton and the Republicans in Congress reached agreements which led to cuts in spending, welfare reform, the first tax cuts in 16 years, and the only four consecutive balanced budgets in our lifetime.

Read more: Newt Gingrich: Founding Fathers Liked Shutdowns | TIME.com

really?

Forum List

Back