Where does the constitution give Congress power to set up national health care?

[

Do you have any idea how much money the American government put into building railroads, canals, roads, electric power, dams, and so forth? Private enterprise is great but some things it can't, won't, or shouldn't do.

Yes indeed and most of that money was wasted. Congress took taxpayer money and said we're gonna build you a great road or canal of whatever and then.... they didn't do it. The money went into the pockets of businessmen and the congressmen got a kickback for their graft.

This corruption has plagued america since its founding. Today we call it corporate welfare, in the 1800s it was called internal improvements. It's always been with us.

the constitution provides for the supreme court to decide on constitutional questions

thats the law

HAHAHAHA. You incredibly ignorant jackass. The constitution says NO SUCH THING!!! The constitution does not directly say who has the authority to decide the constitutionality of laws. So by the tenth amendment it would appear the states do.

you are a legal ignoramus and the board laughingstock!!!

then what is the purpose of this branch of government?

Yes indeed and most of that money was wasted. Congress took taxpayer money and said we're gonna build you a great road or canal of whatever and then.... they didn't do it.
What in the fuck are you talking about?

I don't know if you've noticed, but there are a lot of roads, bridges, dams, electric power plants, etc in this country! Are you saying they didn't build them?

Unlike these bullshit loopholes and tax breaks the wealthy get, when they spend taxpayer dollars to build a bridge, when everything is said and done, at the very least, you have a bridge!

If only there was some way to amend the Constitution when it proves to be inadequate to the times. Nah, that'd never work. Let's just pretend the Constitution allows what we want it to allow.

If the Constitution were easy to amend it would be amended, yea verily would it be amended. Easy amendments would be a lobbyist dream come true. Every group in the nation would have a committee working to add their amendments to the Constitution, and those amendments would be almost permanent fixtures to our government. I think California's Constitution has around 600 amendments, while the US has 27 and excluding the Bill of Rights 17. Don't get these lobbyists excited.

Because of the shutdown there are no more amber alerts.

That is good because there is no where in the constitution that allows them.

Special thanks to ted cruz.

the constitution provides for the supreme court to decide on constitutional questions

thats the law

HAHAHAHA. You incredibly ignorant jackass. The constitution says NO SUCH THING!!! The constitution does not directly say who has the authority to decide the constitutionality of laws. So by the tenth amendment it would appear the states do.

The judiciary tries cases. They are not supposed to write or repeal laws. That's what the legislature does, you idiot.

Is on page 69 of our NEW Constitution:

0393956164.jpg

Why?

:eek::mad:

The courts are a hopeless illogical mess, The courts are as bought as the Senate.
The american people cannot place faith in the courts.

While I would agree there are a few liberal courts that are a mess, I would not accuse the entire court system. Appeals appear to work pretty well in cases where the courts have ruled wrongly. Trust but verify is a good way to live.

No the entire federal court system is stuffed full of politically appointed hacks. Its a worthless mess. Remember this is the court that ruled in the KELO case that government could take private property to benefit private developers.

The court basically said that the unaffordable CareAct passed thru Congress on a lie. Legislation based on lies violates the principles of a Democracy/Republic.

thats the law

the supreme court ruled obama care did not violate the constitution

failing to agree with the high court is treason

In Marbury v. Madison, the SCROTUS arbitrarily interpreted the Constitution as giving it the right to interpret the Constitution. This logical fallacy enabled a power play by the last of the Federalists, who had always wanted to establish an oligarchy of the economic elite but had been voted out of legislative existence by the American people because of the high-handed ways of Hamilton and Adams. If judicial review had been in the Constitution, the Court would have been exercising its tyranny over legislation from the very beginning instead of waiting 12 years to usurp power. I agree with publicly financed health services, but it is dangerous to our freedom to praise the SCROTUS for anything it does. It is an anti-democratic tribunal and must be stripped of its self-granted power to veto laws passed by the people or the people's elected representatives.

thats the law

the supreme court ruled obama care did not violate the constitution

failing to agree with the high court is treason

In Marbury v. Madison, the SCROTUS arbitrarily interpreted the Constitution as giving it the right to interpret the Constitution. This logical fallacy enabled a power play by the last of the Federalists, who had always wanted to establish an oligarchy of the economic elite but had been voted out of legislative existence by the American people because of the high-handed ways of Hamilton and Adams. If judicial review had been in the Constitution, the Court would have been exercising its tyranny over legislation from the very beginning instead of waiting 12 years to usurp power. I agree with publicly financed health services, but it is dangerous to our freedom to praise the SCROTUS for anything it does. It is an anti-democratic tribunal and must be stripped of its self-granted power to veto laws passed by the people or the people's elected representatives.

great post with the exception of agreeing with public health services. In a properly apportioned economy we can all pay for our own services.

Otherwise healthcare as it stands takes shape of yet another hegelian dialectic.

thesis-antithesis-synthesis = [problem-reaction-WeTheGovernmentAreTheSolution]
(determine a result and create a problem which leads to the desired result)

aside from that great post

Last edited:
It's not there and that means they don't have it - the states do. Obamacare is obviously unconstitutional as is 99% of what the feds do. The states need to grow a pair and scream about this.

There was no space program in 1776 either. No transcontinental train system. No electricity or power plants. No oil and gas industry. Shall I go on?

This is why Thomas Jefferson wrote: ""I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. ........with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

Hey stupid. That's why the constitution itself spells out how it can be amended. Times change and the constitution should change with them. But it has to be done thru the amending process.

The Founding Fodder purposely made their blueprint for plutocratic oligarchy almost impossible to change, so your pat answer makes us into patsies. You can reply to me only if you get a sufficient number of representatives of the other members to say you can, because those are my rules to obstruct any disagreement with my posts.

thats the law

Only to settle disputes about jurisdiction. For example, if Texas passed a law against flag-burning but the Feds protected it, the Supreme Court could say that Texas could only protect its own flag, but it could not say that flag-burning was protected by the First Amendment.

With the SCROTUS having veto tyranny over our laws, we are headed downhill. Lawmakers should only debate whether a law is good for the country, not whether it agrees with an 18th Century document written behind closed doors by lawyers for the ruling class. From the very beginning, the Constitution has been a drag on the growth of the country.

The judiciary tries cases. They are not supposed to write or repeal laws. That's what the legislature does, you idiot.

Idiot, the supreme court reviews cases. They do not try cases, Flea Bailey.

[ I agree with publicly financed health services, but it is dangerous to our freedom to praise the SCROTUS for anything it does. It is an anti-democratic tribunal and must be stripped of its self-granted power to veto laws passed by the people or the people's elected representatives.

The very first words in the constitution after the preamble are "All legislative power herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the United States". And yet the unelected judiciary has given itself the power to both write and repeal laws.!!

Is on page 69 of our NEW Constitution:

0393956164.jpg

Why?

Karl Marx was just a spoiled rich kid, no different in his "born to rule because my Daddy's rich" attitude from the Right-Wing preppies you want us to worship.

Right wing and Left wing preppies want Marxism, one in the name of god , the other in the name of the government supremacy.

The courts are a hopeless illogical mess, The courts are as bought as the Senate.
The american people cannot place faith in the courts.

While I would agree there are a few liberal courts that are a mess, I would not accuse the entire court system. Appeals appear to work pretty well in cases where the courts have ruled wrongly. Trust but verify is a good way to live.

No the entire federal court system is stuffed full of politically appointed hacks. Its a worthless mess. Remember this is the court that ruled in the KELO case that government could take private property to benefit private developers.

The court basically said that the unaffordable CareAct passed thru Congress on a lie. Legislation based on lies violates the principles of a Democracy/Republic.

a lie according to an insignificant pissant like you counts for zero. now back to your cave.

There was no space program in 1776 either. No transcontinental train system. No electricity or power plants. No oil and gas industry. Shall I go on?

No, dildo, no need to go on.

The services you identified are supposed too be provided by PRIVATE ENTERPRISE.

Yo do not have a right to electric power UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT.

I AM NOT REQUIRED TO PAY FOR YOU TO GET IT.

CAPISCE?

so i can understand you ......... did you or did you not lose electric power to your dildo?

Forum List

Back