🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Where is it written that 2nd Amend is to keep Govt. in Check?

He's a democrat that pushed for support of the 17th amendment.
Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan formally declared the amendment's adoption on May 31, 1913.

This is what you said:

Some of the things the founders did were changed by democrats,

It was changed by the people in America. I told you the Democrats can't take the credit of changing how we elect Senators. They would be glad if they could, but the credit goes to the people in America and having state legislatures vote in the people's interest. Republicans certainly supported that change too.

Again democrats pushed to get the 17th amendment passed. What is it that you don't understand about that?

The 17th Amendment is VOID.

Article Five of the United States Constitution

..... no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

The following states did not ratify the Seventeenth Amendment

Utah (explicitly rejected amendment[38])
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mississippi
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Virginia

It was their agenda, their push, and their support, so hell yes it's a democrat thing.

I'm sure they thank you for giving them credit. History can't give them the credit, though, it was the people of the country.

Credit for fucking up the country? Democrats try to run away from that type of credit.

What percentage of Americans would want to repeal the 17th Amendment? Everybody like it, but you.

Three quarters of the states ratified the 17th Amendment and what makes you think those states were controlled by the Democrats? Outside of the South, the Democrats didn't have much power back then.

Just concentrate of conservatives and Republicans not fucking up the country. That's a full time job.

I'm sure they thank you for giving them credit. History can't give them the credit, though, it was the people of the country.

Credit for fucking up the country? Democrats try to run away from that type of credit.

What percentage of Americans would want to repeal the 17th Amendment? Everybody like it, but you.

Three quarters of the states ratified the 17th Amendment and what makes you think those states were controlled by the Democrats? Outside of the South, the Democrats didn't have much power back then.

Just concentrate of conservatives and Republicans not fucking up the country. That's a full time job.
That's the problem it created the mess we have today. Place the senate back in the hands of the state legislators and you take the special interest groups and lobbyist out of the picture. It gives the states back the checks and balances that we once had.

That's the problem it created the mess we have today. Place the senate back in the hands of the state legislators and you take the special interest groups and lobbyist out of the picture. It gives the states back the checks and balances that we once had.

No one is going to listen to you. It wasn't a check and balance before the 17th Amendment and you right-wingers are responsible for the corruption in our government.

No one is going to listen to you. It wasn't a check and balance before the 17th Amendment and you right-wingers are responsible for the corruption in our government.

Yes I am right when the state legislators elect the senators from each state that senator will have to answer to the state legislators is they do something that is adversely against that state. It would not be like it is now senators walking away from those who elected them, when they wanted to know why they voted the way they did on a certain piece of legislation.

Yes I am right when the state legislators elect the senators from each state that senator will have to answer to the state legislators is they do something that is adversely against that state. It would not be like it is now senators walking away from those who elected them, when they wanted to know why they voted the way they did on a certain piece of legislation.

It's legislature and not legislator, which is a person. If a Senator is doing something that is adversely against the state, he isn't getting re-elected by the people.

It's legislature and not legislator, which is a person. If a Senator is doing something that is adversely against the state, he isn't getting re-elected by the people.

No senator should be elected by the people.

Call your Congressman and tell him! Waste your time with your ridiculous ideas!

This is what you said:

It was changed by the people in America. I told you the Democrats can't take the credit of changing how we elect Senators. They would be glad if they could, but the credit goes to the people in America and having state legislatures vote in the people's interest. Republicans certainly supported that change too.

Again democrats pushed to get the 17th amendment passed. What is it that you don't understand about that?

The 17th Amendment is VOID.

Article Five of the United States Constitution

..... no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

The following states did not ratify the Seventeenth Amendment

Utah (explicitly rejected amendment[38])
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Mississippi
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Virginia

:mad:

It is what I said it was.
legislator [ˈlɛdʒɪsˌleɪtə]
n
1. (Business / Professions) a person concerned with the making or enactment of laws
2. (Business / Professions) a member of a legislature

If a Senator is doing something that is adversely against the state, he isn't getting re-elected by the people
Thats why we have so many life time members of the Senate.

Last edited:

n
1. (Business / Professions) a person concerned with the making or enactment of laws

If a Senator is doing something that is adversely against the state, he isn't getting re-elected by the people

You are dense and never right.

The amendment supersedes Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures.

Source: Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legislature = a body of legislators

Legislator = a person serving in the Legislature

n

You are dense and never right.

The amendment supersedes Article I, § 3, Clauses 1 and 2 of the Constitution, under which senators were elected by state legislatures.

Source: Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legislature = a body of legislators

Legislator = a person serving in the Legislature
Dumb ass I was talking singularly the individuals. Go suck a dick how about it?

Here is what you said:

It shows pure ignorance.

Here is what you said:

It shows pure ignorance.

You're arguing about one word because you can't make and argument against what I said. Such as life......

Here is what you said:

It shows pure ignorance.

You're arguing about one word because you can't make and argument against what I said. Such as life......

You go down the tangents, because you can't stick with the topic of a thread.

Why don't you explain to us how your kind is going to keep the government in check with the weapons available from gun stores? Every Marine gets infantry training, it's a requirement for all. How is it possible to fight the equipment available to our military using gun store supplies? What makes you think the people in the military would go along with a tyrant and if they did, you wouldn't have a chance? Do you really think the members of our military would support a tyrant under any conditions? Who would allow an officer to order them to support a tyrant? Why wouldn't servicemen just kill that officer or take him prisoner for giving an unlawful order? Why wouldn't servicemen be breaking into the base armory and arming themselves?

Guns are needed for sport shooting, they are needed for hunting and may be needed for home security in some places, but they aren't needed to keep the government in check. We have a military that will do that. No one is going to take over the government, so you can stop playing those childish hero games in your mind. It's time to stop playing toy soldier and grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

Call your Congressman and tell him! Waste your time with your ridiculous ideas!

Only rediculaus to retards who dont know how a republic works.....We should never have dabbled in democracy.

Here is what you said:

It shows pure ignorance.

Why don't you explain to us how your kind is going to keep the government in check with the weapons available from gun stores? Every Marine gets infantry training, it's a requirement for all. How is it possible to fight the equipment available to our military using gun store supplies? What makes you think the people in the military would go along with a tyrant and if they did, you wouldn't have a chance? Do you really think the members of our military would support a tyrant under any conditions? Who would allow an officer to order them to support a tyrant? Why wouldn't servicemen just kill that officer or take him prisoner for giving an unlawful order? Why wouldn't servicemen be breaking into the base armory and arming themselves?

Guns are needed for sport shooting, they are needed for hunting and may be needed for home security in some places, but they aren't needed to keep the government in check. We have a military that will do that. No one is going to take over the government, so you can stop playing those childish hero games in your mind. It's time to stop playing toy soldier and grow the fuck up.

but they aren't needed to keep the government in check.
Hitler was your hero wasn't he?

Here is what you said:

It shows pure ignorance.

Why don't you explain to us how your kind is going to keep the government in check with the weapons available from gun stores? .

How did the Iraqis and the Afghan keep the most powerful army from succeeding?

The insurgents improvised.

Amazing what you can buy in the worldwide blackmarket.

Why don't you explain to us how your kind is going to keep the government in check with the weapons available from gun stores? .

How did the Iraqis and the Afghan keep the most powerful army from succeeding?

The insurgents improvised.

Amazing what you can buy in the worldwide blackmarket.

I understand your point and it's a good one. But I think our kinder, gentler ROEs (rules of engagement) had more to do with it.

Forum List

Back