Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

Like health insurance and a fire extinguisher, car insurance
Except not actually like any of those things, as it is actually a tool with the only use of killing living creatures, while those other things are financial instruments used to spread risk around a pool of people.

There were 3.3 million AR-15s owned by other people in the US on the day Cruz shot those students. As far as I know, none of them shot anyone.

In other words, your odds of getting shot that day by someone with an AR-15 were 3,300,000/1

The sure didn't help those kids now did it?

You didn't either.
But if he had not been able to buy that gun it would have helped a lot.

Who's fault was it that he wasn't disqualified from purchasing the rifle?

Well it is republicans fault that so many of these killer can buy semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines. If those will still regulated they would be very hard to get. But Repubs decided to well arm killers.

Oh stop. You're going from semi-retarded to full-retard. Firearms are already regulated. You can't just go out and buy one without a criminal background check.

If anything, your precious all-seeing all-knowing government failed.

Not that I recall. How many times is it you have had to defend yourself? I know a lot of people and very few who are ever attacked in any way. Your real friend is common sense. That is everyone's best defense.

Who cares? I have a fire extinguisher in my house too, but I've never had a fire.

I just asked you so I guess I care. You seem really worried about your defense while our children die. I assume you have some great need. So how many times?

Like I said, it is a precautionary measure. Like health insurance and a fire extinguisher, car insurance. This is kind of like LIFE insurance. :D
You didn't answer the question, again.

Don't care. :D That is all you need to know.
Of course you won't answer. While you and all these other gun cowards are scared of the boogeyman, people are actually dying.

You didn't either.

Well it is republicans fault that so many of these killer can buy semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines. If those will still regulated they would be very hard to get. But Repubs decided to well arm killers.

Oh stop. You're going from semi-retarded to full-retard. Firearms are already regulated. You can't just go out and buy one without a criminal background check.

This isn't the first time. Lol. He has a "history" here. :D Like trying to convince women that they don't NEED any weapons for self defense. They are perfectly safe. What a public service, huh?

Who cares? I have a fire extinguisher in my house too, but I've never had a fire.

I just asked you so I guess I care. You seem really worried about your defense while our children die. I assume you have some great need. So how many times?

Like I said, it is a precautionary measure. Like health insurance and a fire extinguisher, car insurance. This is kind of like LIFE insurance. :D
You didn't answer the question, again.

Don't care. :D That is all you need to know.
Of course you won't answer. While you and all these other gun cowards are scared of the boogeyman, people are actually dying.

I'm not afraid of anything. I am perfectly capable of defending myself because of my precious 2nd amendment right, thank you very much. :D

An armed security guard never got the chance to stop the teen gunman who murdered 17 students and staffers at a Florida high school, authorities said Thursday.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel confirmed that accused mass murderer Nikolas Cruz managed to shoot up the Parkland high school without ever encountering the school resource deputy.

“He was on campus and he was armed,” Israel said. “At this point, the only thing I can tell you definitively is he never encountered Cruz.”

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman

Who was he? Where was he?

He is a registered democrat.

He ran from the gunfire.
School Resource Officer Scott Peterson was elsewhere on the 45-acre campus during the attack that left 17 dead and 16 wounded, Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Friday.

“Staff and everyone responded quickly,” Runcie said, based on a briefing by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. “The SRO was communicated with but was on another part of campus.”

Peterson, a deputy with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland district, has been the SRO at Stoneman Douglas High since 2009.

He could not be reached for comment Friday.

School resource officer was elsewhere on campus during shooting, Runcie says

So, the school did have an armed security guard. He was communicated with but was on another part of campus when shooting started? Forty-five acres ain't that big. Why didn't he ever confront the shooter? This just doesn't smell right.

{
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The armed school resource officer assigned to protect students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School took a defensive position outside the school and did not enter the building while the shooter was killing students and teachers inside with an AR-15 assault-style rifle, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

Israel said he suspended School Resource Deputy Scot Peterson on Thursday after seeing a video from the Parkland, Fla., school that showed Peterson outside the school building where the shooter was inside and attacking.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position, and never went in,” Israel said.}

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ss-killing-took-place/?utm_term=.e7d08775a70a

Peterson is a registered democrat of course.

You didn't either.

So you aren't aware that the sale of these guns was once stopped? And with all their wisdom the republicans undid it. And now those very same weapons are regularly used for the new worst mass shooting in US history. Go figure.

Like health insurance and a fire extinguisher, car insurance
Except not actually like any of those things, as it is actually a tool with the only use of killing living creatures, while those other things are financial instruments used to spread risk around a pool of people.

Financial instruments aren't guaranteed under the Constitution. Tools that allow me to kill living creatures are.

Take it up with your forefathers.

You didn't either.

So you aren't aware that the sale of these guns was once stopped? And with all their wisdom the republicans undid it. And now those very same weapons are regularly used for the new worst mass shooting in US history. Go figure.

You're referring the the Clinton era gun ban. They were but the firearms industry adapted to the wants and needs of the gun owners. Therefore we got millions of Russian and Chinese military surplus SKS rifles, which weren't prohibited under the ban.

I believe it was the Clinton administration which allowed the import of those.

Last edited:

You're referring the the Clinton era gun ban. They were but the firearms industry adapted to the wants and needs of the gun owners. Therefore we got millions of Russian and Chinese military surplus SKS rifles, which weren't prohibited under the ban.

They were prohibited by the magazine capacity ban. Notice we don't have new worst mass shootings regularly done with SKS.

Should the cowardly security guard be prosecuted? If so - on what charges?

Focusing your anti-gun hatred on him is only something to make you knee-jerk libs feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Like I said, even law-enforcement has no constitutional duty to protect.

They were prohibited by the magazine capacity ban. Notice we don't have new worst mass shootings regularly done with SKS.

Do you have any idea how fast you can reload a 10-round SKS with stripper clips? I do because I've owned six of them during my lifetime. They're one of the rifles that caused us to quit the Vietnam War.

Plus they have long, sharp, pointy spike bayonets on the end of them.

You people are afraid of CRIMINALS with guns and think that LAWS are going to stop CRIMINALS from getting guns. :)

You think I am going to relinquish any bit or piece of one of my rights to you because you are "uncomfortable?" Not going to happen. Never will that happen. You just want to try to make all gun owners into villains because of your irrational fears and your ideological agenda.

Do you have any idea how fast you can reload a 10-round SKS with stripper clips? I do because I've owned six of them during my lifetime. They're one of the rifles that caused us to quit the Vietnam War.

Plus they have long, sharp, pointy spike bayonets on the end of them.
So yes it was covered by the magazine ban.

Reloading always slows rate of fire. Again, the SKS wasn't regularly used for the next worst mass shooting.

Forum List

Back