Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

What cinematic situation does the gun lovers expect to happen?

Well, since the gunman is inside with her. Fear for her own life will motivate her to save it. Maybe she would freeze, I don't know. She wouldn't have the option of standing down, though, like the Sheriff's Officers did. Its fight or die ... or would be. This time it was just die. I really wish the coach had been armed. There would have been a chance at least.
What type of weapon would you arm Mrs. Hudson with?

I don't know Mrs. Hudson. Maybe she wants to bring her own gun from home. Maybe she hates guns and doesn't want one. Maybe she's an idiot who would shoot her own foot getting in the car.

I know me. If I were in the classroom when a gunman walked in, I would have the nerve to shoot, no doubt. I might be the first one shot with no opportunity to defend myself at all. There are no guarantees and no real preparation for crazy.

I think the Coach could have done it and I doubt he's the only one inside who could have. There's the presumption (on my part at least) that children would be killed by accidental shootings at school at some rate if there are armed teachers. I don't know if it would be more or less than in mass shootings. I know I wish Coach had been armed, and any other teacher who wanted to carry in that school on that day.
Well then, for you or the coach or any other school staff member, what type of gun should they be packing? What type of weapon should be approved or mandated?

I would not presume to say for another. I guess my limiting factors would be: concealed, voluntary and trained ... preferably only on days a gunman is going to show up.
How many school shooting have been announced beforehand?

But should teachers shoulder long guns? If concealment is a prime factor, I'm guessing a pistol or revolver, right?

Well, since the gunman is inside with her. Fear for her own life will motivate her to save it. Maybe she would freeze, I don't know. She wouldn't have the option of standing down, though, like the Sheriff's Officers did. Its fight or die ... or would be. This time it was just die. I really wish the coach had been armed. There would have been a chance at least.

I don't know Mrs. Hudson. Maybe she wants to bring her own gun from home. Maybe she hates guns and doesn't want one. Maybe she's an idiot who would shoot her own foot getting in the car.

I know me. If I were in the classroom when a gunman walked in, I would have the nerve to shoot, no doubt. I might be the first one shot with no opportunity to defend myself at all. There are no guarantees and no real preparation for crazy.

I think the Coach could have done it and I doubt he's the only one inside who could have. There's the presumption (on my part at least) that children would be killed by accidental shootings at school at some rate if there are armed teachers. I don't know if it would be more or less than in mass shootings. I know I wish Coach had been armed, and any other teacher who wanted to carry in that school on that day.
Well then, for you or the coach or any other school staff member, what type of gun should they be packing? What type of weapon should be approved or mandated?

I would not presume to say for another. I guess my limiting factors would be: concealed, voluntary and trained ... preferably only on days a gunman is going to show up.

But should teachers shoulder long guns? If concealment is a prime factor, I'm guessing a pistol or revolver, right?

It's ugly all the way around. I don't like the idea of armed teachers necessarily. When I was in school, sure. Today, I'm not sure. I don't know The consequences. It could work. We could have a rash of teachers going postal. I lean towards allow it but not mandate, train, conceal so a shooter won't know who to target first. I don't know if you can really keep secret who's armed. I don't know if it means all adults get shot first.

Metal detectors and staff to run them would be my first move, though. After more data, tweak as necessary.

It's ugly all the way around. I don't like the idea of armed teachers necessarily. When I was in school, sure. Today, I'm not sure. I don't know The consequences. It could work. We could have a rash of teachers going postal. I lean towards allow it but not mandate, train, conceal so a shooter won't know who to target first. I don't know if you can really keep secret who's armed. I don't know if it means all adults get shot first.

Metal detectors and staff to run them would be my first move, though. After more data, tweak as necessary.
The point I'm making is if adequate safety against a guy standing in the classroom door with an AR in his hands can be provided by a concealed pistol or revolver, why would someone absolutely need an AR for self defense? If a concealed pistol is good enough to protect two dozen crying ten year olds, why wouldn't it not be good enough for a home?

And if the AR can be out gunned by a pistol in a defensive fight, what is the ultimate virtue of an AR?

The point I'm making is if adequate safety against a guy standing in the classroom door with an AR in his hands can be provided by a concealed pistol or revolver, why would someone absolutely need an AR for self defense? If a concealed pistol is good enough to protect two dozen crying ten year olds, why wouldn't it not be good enough for a home?

And if the AR can be out gunned by a pistol in a defensive fight, what is the ultimate virtue of an AR?

Inside a classroom faced with an AR gunman, I would choose a handgun anyway. It is different than standing outside. The AR's are there. Time moves forward. We aren't putting this genie back in the bottle. People are printing gun parts now.

The US doesn't have a gun problem.

We have a crazy problem, or more specifically, we have a problem controlling our crazies.

Then there is the government problem that is associated with it.
Yeah, we have a crazy problem — better known as conservatives.

We have a crazy problem, or more specifically, we have a problem controlling our crazies.

If we can't control our crazies, we need to control our weapons.
If you can't control your crazy, you cannot control anything.

No, better known as progressive.

LOLOL

Oh look, a ^^^ crazy ^^^ stretches its mighty wit to its utmost limits and comes up with, I know you are but what am I?

LOLOL

Oh look, a ^^^ crazy ^^^ stretches its mighty wit to its utmost limits and comes up with, I know you are but what am I?
:Yeah, just keep on killing our kids. Good on you mate.

LOLOL

:Yeah, just keep on killing our kids. Good on you mate.
:cuckoo:

FOUR deputies wouldn't do it - but Trump expects teachers to...

DWr8YTxW4AI-H3e.jpg

Arming teachers means more sales. More sales good for the NRA and gun industries. That’s the goal of that dude and those dudes.

Arming teachers probably one of the stupidest I ever heard. Maybe few are willing to carry guns ...... maybe rare to engage in a gun battle.

My son coach basketball high school as a passion. Travel from San Diego all the way to Los Angeles district. Lots of time I joined him, seen and met teachers. I do not trust them with a sling shot or a bow and arrow let alone guns.

We need to do something with those easily accessible guns.

And you trust the police? How did that work out? Actually, there were four police officers waiting outside the school

PLENTY of teachers would like to have a gun when confronted by an armed lunatic. That gives them a fighting chance at survival. Of course it is different to run into a room and CONFRONT danger. It is another story ENTIRELY when danger confronts YOU and has you backed into a corner. Then your fighting and survival instincts are going to kick in and you WILL fight for your life.

The elephant in the room is that home schooling is better than public schools, if you have parents like in the 50's and 60's in America. The brilliant thing the democrat Swamp did was force mothers to get jobs, to destroy the American family.

No, that was the 70's when wages started to fall against costs due to investors wanting a higher percentage of profits. Republicans and corporate America is to blame.

You can control 18 year olds from legally buying an AR-15.

You can prevent them from buying the rifle, you cannot prevent them from getting the rifle.

No more than you could prevent them from getting the marijuana by preventing them from legally buying it.

You can prevent them from buying the rifle, you cannot prevent them from getting the rifle.

No more than you could prevent them from getting the marijuana by preventing them from legally buying it.

Cruz, under 21, purchased the AR-15 legally.

DWr8YTxW4AI-H3e.jpg

Arming teachers means more sales. More sales good for the NRA and gun industries. That’s the goal of that dude and those dudes.

Arming teachers probably one of the stupidest I ever heard. Maybe few are willing to carry guns ...... maybe rare to engage in a gun battle.

My son coach basketball high school as a passion. Travel from San Diego all the way to Los Angeles district. Lots of time I joined him, seen and met teachers. I do not trust them with a sling shot or a bow and arrow let alone guns.

And you trust the police? How did that work out? Actually, there were four police officers waiting outside the school

That’s a gamble we need to take and that also exposed the weakness of LEO.

Remember not all soldiers or a cop are willing to die because of a career they choose. This is nothing new. Since this was exposed maybe the next time it will not happen again.

Remember not all soldiers or a cop are not afraid to die. At higher percentage or majorities will fight and die. They were trained and a career they choose.

Teachers are born and there to teach ......... Then suddenly they have to have a gun and fight. You do not expect them to stand there and shoot out. But run and save their own life and maybe just maybe the children.

You may want to ask the majority of teachers....... How they feel about having a gun?

Your Link. So what happened to the NRA motto? In order to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Do you expect teachers to do the same or not?

Do you expect a teachers or you to stand against Cruz with his AR15 spraying all over with your pistol. This far far more challenging and complex than that.
Some tough dude or a chick....... Selling amway, clerk, hospital aide, exotic massagers, lawyers, nurse etc etc etc. Will tell you I stand and shoot it out...... Talk is cheap in reality its different than that.

Why not just limit the easy access of this gun to the public especially to an 18 year old kid? Why is that so difficult?
It’s so pricking crazy and so easy to access that an AR15 used in war are being raffled at baseball games like nothing.

Here is an article explaining why our culture is making men cowards.

What Kind of Men Are We Making?
Tune out the noise. We need deeper answers. So we must ask starker questions. Like an experienced pastor speaking to a sinner, or a surgeon searching out cancer, we have to probe. To interrogate ourselves as a nation, and grill our collective conscience. The most important answer we need right now is this one:

How did America produce a man like this? Where’d we go wrong? Is there anything we can do?

Our Culture: A School for Cowards, Like Deputy Scot Peterson

DWr8YTxW4AI-H3e.jpg

That’s a gamble we need to take and that also exposed the weakness of LEO.

Remember not all soldiers or a cop are willing to die because of a career they choose. This is nothing new. Since this was exposed maybe the next time it will not happen again.

Remember not all soldiers or a cop are not afraid to die. At higher percentage or majorities will fight and die. They were trained and a career they choose.

Teachers are born and there to teach ......... Then suddenly they have to have a gun and fight. You do not expect them to stand there and shoot out. But run and save their own life and maybe just maybe the children.

You may want to ask the majority of teachers....... How they feel about having a gun?

Your Link. So what happened to the NRA motto? In order to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Do you expect teachers to do the same or not?

Do you expect a teachers or you to stand against Cruz with his AR15 spraying all over with your pistol. This far far more challenging and complex than that.
Some tough dude or a chick....... Selling amway, clerk, hospital aide, exotic massagers, lawyers, nurse etc etc etc. Will tell you I stand and shoot it out...... Talk is cheap in reality its different than that.

Why not just limit the easy access of this gun to the public especially to an 18 year old kid? Why is that so difficult?
It’s so pricking crazy and so easy to access that an AR15 used in war are being raffled at baseball games like nothing.

Do we permit freedom of speech based upon the percentage of those who wish to use it? How about the requirements for a search warrant, do we decide that people should give up this right unless a sufficient number agree?

Let’s compare and contrast with abortion. We don’t limit that right based upon how many women want to have one. We view it as an individual right, as we do all the others, except the second.

Compare it with DUI. A drunk driver, even a repeat offender, does not lose the right to own a car, just the privilege of driving it. I could have a dozen DUI’s and lose my license forever, and still own a car legally. Why don’t we view cars the same. More people die on highways. Why don’t we say that individual ownership of a car is verboten? We have a Constitutional right to travel from state to state, but no right to a car.

You know, when I was a member of the Security Force up at Newport RI, we trained on a REGULAR basis with weapons, as well as had shooting drills where we had to practice taking cover and using ammo control.

And, that was for one week out of each month that we trained. I would have no problem believing that one of our squad would have immediately ran towards the gunman while on patrol. Why? Because we had the fear trained out of us, and it got to the point where it was almost reflex.

Same thing with the firefighting training that I had. Most people when they see flames run in the other direction to get away from it. We had actual training in mock up burning buildings where we got used to being in fire and again, the fear had been trained out of us. Came in useful one time too. Went to a friend's house for the weekend, and his mom was cooking breakfast when the electric stove caught on fire. I told my friend to secure the power because he lived there and knew where it was, and I went and put out the fire. The only real damage done was to the heating element that shorted out. Whole thing took less than 30 seconds to get done, and to tell the truth, we didn't hardly think about anything other than getting the fire out as quickly as possible.

Now, with all that being said, how much time would you require a teacher to train, and who with? Would you just do a screening and give them a gun, or would you require weapons proficiency? And, if you require them to be proficient in guns, do they also need to have training for taking cover and ammo control? And, how much training are you going to require them to have per semester? Like I said, my training in the Security Force was one week out of every month.

Forum List

Back