Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

WTF was wrong with that security officer? Not only did he have a gun, but he probably also had a vest.

The teacher that saved those kids didn't.

He was a former cop and according to the story he wasn't armed.

The issue remains, AR-15's available to the public AND those under 21.

FOUR deputies wouldn't do it - but Trump expects teachers to...

DWr8YTxW4AI-H3e.jpg

Last edited:
So, now we learn there were a total of FOUR deputies who refused to enter the school.

Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school

some
səm/
determiner
  1. 1.
    an unspecified amount or number of.
    "I made some money running errands"
  2. 2.
    used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
    "she married some newspaper magnate twice her age"

pronoun
  1. 1.
    an unspecified number or amount of people or things.
    "here are some of our suggestions"
  2. 2.
    at least a small amount or number of people or things.
    "surely some have noticed"
adverb
NORTH AMERICANinformal
  1. 1.
    to some extent; somewhat.
    "when you get to the majors, the rules change some"

The US doesn't have a gun problem.

We have a crazy problem, or more specifically, we have a problem controlling our crazies.

Then there is the government problem that is associated with it.

If we can't control our crazies, we need to control our weapons.

Fake news is reporting the armed security officer went to the building and didn't go inside while the shooting was going on. Coward. Just pathetic the failures from school police, local police and sheriffs, and FBI.

BIG FAT FAILURE at every stage.

While Fake News demonizes me and my gun for over a week.

Doesn't bode well for the idea of armed teachers when a trained cop doesn't even want to take that on alone.
But we hear constant stories of how teachers died shielding children. You seem to be saying that teachers are going to be cowards if we give them the means of protecting their students with more than just their bodies.

Teachers aren't trained soldiers. It's not their responsibility.

How about we solve the actual problem rather than add more guns into the mix.
So why not hire Veterns hell I'm sure you would get a shitload of them volunteering their time for free and they are trained. I want a solution just none tat takes a big steaming dump allover the Constitution. What's your solution ?

Oh my!!!! We are talking about a high paid cops that didn’t do his job. Now you want a volunteer veterans to stand there and fight, might get killed or disabled. FOR FREE?

My solutions:
1. Hire LEO as part timers when they are off. Just like I do with 28 part time LEO.
2. Increase the age limit of buying AR rifles from 18 to 21 years old just like buying those hand guns.
3. Universal background checks.

Wait. You trust the police to keep you safe? Why?
And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

What cinematic situation does the gun lovers expect to happen?

Well, since the gunman is inside with her. Fear for her own life will motivate her to save it. Maybe she would freeze, I don't know. She wouldn't have the option of standing down, though, like the Sheriff's Officers did. Its fight or die ... or would be. This time it was just die. I really wish the coach had been armed. There would have been a chance at least.

Wow, the more we learn about Talmudic Sheriff Israel the more the slaughter is not a surprise. Talk about a nitwit, this punk says teen criminals should get jobs as cops and firemen! He needs to take responsibility for the attack.

And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

Well, since the gunman is inside with her. Fear for her own life will motivate her to save it. Maybe she would freeze, I don't know. She wouldn't have the option of standing down, though, like the Sheriff's Officers did. Its fight or die ... or would be. This time it was just die. I really wish the coach had been armed. There would have been a chance at least.
What type of weapon would you arm Mrs. Hudson with?

I don't know Mrs. Hudson. Maybe she wants to bring her own gun from home. Maybe she hates guns and doesn't want one. Maybe she's an idiot who would shoot her own foot getting in the car.

I know me. If I were in the classroom when a gunman walked in, I would have the nerve to shoot, no doubt. I might be the first one shot with no opportunity to defend myself at all. There are no guarantees and no real preparation for crazy.

I think the Coach could have done it and I doubt he's the only one inside who could have. There's the presumption (on my part at least) that children would be killed by accidental shootings at school at some rate if there are armed teachers. I don't know if it would be more or less than in mass shootings. I know I wish Coach had been armed, and any other teacher who wanted to carry in that school on that day.

FOUR deputies wouldn't do it - but Trump expects teachers to...

DWr8YTxW4AI-H3e.jpg

Arming teachers means more sales. More sales good for the NRA and gun industries. That’s the goal of that dude and those dudes.

Arming teachers probably one of the stupidest I ever heard. Maybe few are willing to carry guns ...... maybe rare to engage in a gun battle.

My son coach basketball high school as a passion. Travel from San Diego all the way to Los Angeles district. Lots of time I joined him, seen and met teachers. I do not trust them with a sling shot or a bow and arrow let alone guns.

We need to do something with those easily accessible guns.

The elephant in the room is that home schooling is better than public schools, if you have parents like in the 50's and 60's in America. The brilliant thing the democrat Swamp did was force mothers to get jobs, to destroy the American family.

I don't know Mrs. Hudson. Maybe she wants to bring her own gun from home. Maybe she hates guns and doesn't want one. Maybe she's an idiot who would shoot her own foot getting in the car.

I know me. If I were in the classroom when a gunman walked in, I would have the nerve to shoot, no doubt. I might be the first one shot with no opportunity to defend myself at all. There are no guarantees and no real preparation for crazy.

I think the Coach could have done it and I doubt he's the only one inside who could have. There's the presumption (on my part at least) that children would be killed by accidental shootings at school at some rate if there are armed teachers. I don't know if it would be more or less than in mass shootings. I know I wish Coach had been armed, and any other teacher who wanted to carry in that school on that day.
Well then, for you or the coach or any other school staff member, what type of gun should they be packing? What type of weapon should be approved or mandated?

Well then, for you or the coach or any other school staff member, what type of gun should they be packing? What type of weapon should be approved or mandated?

I would not presume to say for another. I guess my limiting factors would be: concealed, voluntary and trained ... preferably only on days a gunman is going to show up.

Forum List

Back