Where's the earth shattering kaboom??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard line lefties made it sound like the 'shutdown' of the government was going to be horrific...

Actually this is one reason the left tried so hard to scare the Republicans into not shutting down the government. Their fear wasn't that there would be catastrophe, their fear was that there would not be catastrophe.

What do you call 100K laid off Federal workers? A start...

Club (misled) Fed.

They received back pay last time and will this time also.

Good thing Mortgage Companies take IOU's
Probably don't. Why not ask those who lost their homes due to Obama not working on the economy as he said he would?

Seems we have record numbers of people who have completely given up on looking for work. I wonder if they're mortgage companies accepted their IOU's?

Me too that information can really help those affected by the shutdown

They received back pay last time and will this time also.

Probably don't. Why not ask those who lost their homes due to Obama not working on the economy as he said he would?

Seems we have record numbers of people who have completely given up on looking for work. I wonder if they're mortgage companies accepted their IOU's?

563140_525094257573016_1956280815_n.jpg

Personally, I think banks are stupid to repossess homes at a time when so many are vacant. Better a home being lived in and kept up than left to rot.

Do the deaths start later then?? Do the morlocks come and start hunting the helpless tomorrow??

I have been thru the 'shutdowns' before as an enlisted soldier... I got my pay eventually.. it will be the same way this time.. nothing essential is lost, employees will still get paid, and the government will continue to waste money in areas it has no business in

Deaths?

You guys are hilarious.

The dire consequences? The starvations? The entitlement junkies getting kicked out of their government housing?

It was the far left DEMs that were screaming how tragic it was that the evil evil HoR was going to 'let' the government shut down

No, I heard none of that.

I was hearing more-so of how the market would react negatively. Those are real dollars and cents people lose.

And how mortgages, bills, gasoline, and food costs of persons living paycheck to paycheck would all become an issue ----> and also the effects of those persons not getting paid THUS not patroning local small businesses, and the businesses taking a hit.

And since I have a brain and all, I knew that the effect wouldn't be seen instantaneously like some weird cartoon. The shutdown would have to last more than a day, and the lack of pay would actually have to come down the pike for most of the effects it will have.

It's giggley and funny to you for some reason, but it's not fake or dreamed up. It's hundreds of thousands of people's realities. And sorry, because someone is federally employed does not make them a leech of any sort just "de facto."

563140_525094257573016_1956280815_n.jpg

Personally, I think banks are stupid to repossess homes at a time when so many are vacant. Better a home being lived in and kept up than left to rot.

Actually, banks are using that exact logic and letting those foreclosed upon or in the foreclosure process stay for extended periods.

Deaths?

You guys are hilarious.

The dire consequences? The starvations? The entitlement junkies getting kicked out of their government housing?

It was the far left DEMs that were screaming how tragic it was that the evil evil HoR was going to 'let' the government shut down

No, I heard none of that.

I was hearing more-so of how the market would react negatively. Those are real dollars and cents people lose.

And how mortgages, bills, gasoline, and food costs of persons living paycheck to paycheck would all become an issue ----> and also the effects of those persons not getting paid THUS not patroning local small businesses, and the businesses taking a hit.

And since I have a brain and all, I knew that the effect wouldn't be seen instantaneously like some weird cartoon. The shutdown would have to last more than a day, and the lack of pay would actually have to come down the pike for most of the effects it will have.

It's giggley and funny to you for some reason, but it's not fake or dreamed up. It's hundreds of thousands of people's realities. And sorry, because someone is federally employed does not make them a leech of any sort just "de facto."

Heard how it was a tragedy.. how it was gong to hurt the country from the get go

In actuality.. the shutdown is not going to have some huge effect on the day to day lives of anyone beyond those who may be non essential federal government employees... those non-essential jobs that should have been cut long ago anyway because we spend way too much and our government is bloated beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back