Which caliber is best for stopping a crook? Pistol, rifle or shotgun?

Watching this, you'd think the .380 ACP is best, or at least as good as the rest of the pistols. This would mean that you could get a smaller, lighter pistol with the .380 without losing any effectiveness.

The 2nd amendment allows us guns. Which gun do you think has the most stopping power? Which is the easiest to carry? Do you believe the study is accurate?

Caliber isn't as important as accuracy.

Find a firearm be it rifle pistol or shotgun that you are comfortable shooting then practice.

Personally I prefer a handgun. I have a shotgun and a couple rifles but if someone breaks into my house I'm going for my 9 mm.

I'm a dead shot at 30 feet and can fire with either hand.

According to police records, the vast majority of home invasions are known drug houses. The risk/reward odds are better known by the perpetrators. It does make sense.
So, those who should be most concerned are probably those involved in the drug trade ? Interesting.

Find a firearm be it rifle pistol or shotgun that you are comfortable shooting then practice.

Personally I prefer a handgun. I have a shotgun and a couple rifles but if someone breaks into my house I'm going for my 9 mm.

All good advice !

Shotgun---most people can't control their adrenaline so it is harder to miss with a shotgun---
If that’s the case, they should t be using a shot gun. That reasoning makes it easier to hit something unintended. Maybe If you “need a shot gun”, there are other problems worth addressing.

You are fully aware of the fact your statement means nothing.
You are just as ware of the fact guns are used for self-defense FAR more often that to commit murder or suicide.
Of course. In the criminal world they’re used all the time.

Exactly…..it’s the firearm you have close at hand. No one can predict when and where you will be or what activities you’ll be engaged in. It’s no different then carry if you’re not at home. For some reason, the dilusional idea is, that any one breaking in will announce it and give you time to go get a weapon of choice. It never is. You’re just as restricted in your movements in your home as you maybe out side.

My bro in law, a retired b52 pilot had imo, a solid tactic to be prepare…He keeps several small revolvers hidden through out the house so they were more accessible at any time, regardless of where he was. . Funny, my other bro in law, a retired small arms instructor, does exactly the same thing. It’s a weapon that no one needs special training on to get quickly and easily into action.

Watching this, you'd think the .380 ACP is best, or at least as good as the rest of the pistols. This would mean that you could get a smaller, lighter pistol with the .380 without losing any effectiveness.

The 2nd amendment allows us guns. Which gun do you think has the most stopping power? Which is the easiest to carry? Do you believe the study is accurate?

Just have a dance off

The spread pattern of a typical shotgun isn't going to help much inside the home.
It may not help your home-----but it is more likely to atleast wound attackers to chase them off. But yes, if you keep in mind shoot to kill rule and make damn sure you kill not just wound an attacker (as they can actually sue for medical bills)---then you want to go with something more lethal. (I think a new rule of hide the body should be a better a choice at this point.) We got alligators in Florida btw

You are just as ware of the fact guns are used for self-defense FAR more often that to commit murder or suicide.
Data on nonlethal self-defense is very inconclusive. All murders and suicides are documented.

img_1313-whats-your-point-nana-meme-S.jpg
If what you infer was true, then why do so many countries, which ban guns to civilians, have so much higher rates of violent crimes?
UK has lower crime rate then USA.

Only when the trigger is not pulled.
Firearms prevent over a million violent crimes each year, without any shots being fired.
Rarely is it ever necessary to fire a shot.
Brandishing will prevent any property crime.

Firearms prevent over a million violent crimes each year, without any shots being fired.
I find these figures very very dubious.

Also, a million simple assaults is much less then over 10,000 murders and 20,000 suicides.

I find these figures very very dubious.

Also, a million simple assaults is much less then over 10,000 murders and 20,000 suicides.

The DOJ says 1 million defensive uses of a firearm at a minimum.
Many people estimate over 2.5 million, because they are never reported.
The way to get a feel for the scale is that over 1 million violent crimes are successful every year, so likely many more times that are unsuccessful.

And no, the 10,000 murders are mostly due to the War on Drugs, just like Prohibition caused a murder spike.
And suicides are a factor of modern society, with more pressures, longer life span, etc.

That can be a crime in and of itself. People who carry firearms are more, not less, likely to be shot.

Forum List

Back