Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

God does not curse any of us. What we are always seeing is the goodness of God's creation. Every so often each one of us--or we as a group--go off track as humans do. We bring consequences on ourselves, just as we would bring the consequences of gravity upon ourselves if we should run off a cliff. God has always been there to help us back up, help us right what we did wrong, and then continue on. God's blessings are always available.
Lots of verses about curses, condemnation, wrath, punishments, being cast into the lake of fire, etc.

Historically, IMPORTANT and influential christian scholars and leaders have been
very antisemitic----
-from popes to schmucks like Martin Luther King. Canon law
is the forerunner to the Nuremburg laws which legalized genocide----Canon law
legalized the Inquisition. Of course "CREED" can always be updated as John XXIII
seemed to believe

you keep claiming your innocence ... the liar moses, made up your false religion ... that has persecuted and victimized the innocent throughout the centuries, why not take a clue and rewrite your documents and try and portray truths than self embellishing lies.

provide the tablets claimed to be etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments - or save everyone from your self pity and accept your fate for what it is - forgeries and fallacies not even close to any semblance of a true religion -

the heavenly religion of antiquity those in the 1st century gave their lives for than all 3 fabricated desert distortions.

A curse was upon them once they started sacrificing their children to Molech.

God swore that whether it be Jew or otherwise, he would drive out any wickedness from the Holy Land, and he did just that.

Thankfully, curses are not forever.

you're a liar ...

Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him ...

you people have no idea than a religion fabricated strictly for self indulgence and personal gratuities.

you're a liar ...

you people have no idea than a religion fabricated strictly for self indulgence and personal gratuities.
Sin brings a curse.

That is called the fear of God, something you don't seem to understand or give a damn about.

Judaism is a corruption of the Law that began with the sect of the Pharisees about 150 years before Christ.

You can go over the Torah with a divining rod and never find a shred of evidence for Judaism.
Jews do not use divining rods-----you never read the "TORAH"

Judaism is a corruption of the Law that began with the sect of the Pharisees about 150 years before Christ.

You can go over the Torah with a divining rod and never find a shred of evidence for Judaism.
You enjoy insulting the Jewish religion, when talking with a Jew? And you think you’re not an antisemite? Ha.

You enjoy insulting the Jewish religion, when talking with a Jew? And you think you’re not an antisemite? Ha.
Actually, we can question the beliefs of other religions without being "anti" anyone. I don't agree with Buddhism, but I don't hate Buddhists.

Jesus Christ is the only pathway to God, according to the Christian Bible.

Yes, according to the CHRISTIAN Bible. But, that leaves out over 2/3rds of the population, as Christianity doesn't encompass all human beings. What about the Buddhists, Hindus, and all the other religions? Do you really think that a loving God is going to consign the majority of His creation to everlasting damnation just because they don't believe a certain religion? I don't.

Got a legitimate source to back up that claim? Because that's not really how Judaism started.

And yeah..................while you might not find Judaism specifically mentioned in the Torah, that's because the Torah is the basis for Judaism, not the other way around.

The problem that I have with Jesus and God being one and the same is that when Jesus was asked when He would return, He said that He didn't know, as only The Father (God) knew the answer to that question. So..............if Jesus and God were one and the same, why did Jesus say that He didn't know when He'd return, only God knew the answer to that?
I never claim and never have claimed that God the Father and Jesus Christ are the same being. I reject that notion. However, They are one in purpose and now one in glory. God the Father is the head god of the godhead and Jesus and the Holy Ghost are subordinate to him.

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

For them to be one, Jesus must subordinate himself to the Father's will. I am sure that Jesus, as Jehovah and I AM, subordinated himself to the Father even then. When Jesus was on earth, He did not yet know the day nor the hour of the second coming but only the Father. It had not yet been revealed unto him. But all things are known by the Father and thus God is all knowing and I believe now that Jesus has been exalted in heaven, He too also knows all things. We know that the Father was not Jehovah of the Old Testament because of what John the Apostle tells us:

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

The God of the Old Testament appeared unto the Prophets of old and spoke face to face with them. Those prophets saw the face of God.

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

If no man had seen the Father, then it wasn't the Father who appeared and spoke to Jacob and Moses face to face. It was Jesus. Zachariah 14 is a prophesy of when Christ will come and reign as King of the whole earth. From this the Jews probably expected the Lord to come in power and glory to reign but that was not the purpose of his first coming. The Jews failed to understand other scriptures such as Isaiah 53 which speaks of his first coming and his sufferings Jesus was the Lord God of Israel who would come and suffer for their sins and be their redeemer. Jesus also is the Lord God who will come and save the Jews at His second coming and reign on earth for a thousand years.

Christ will save the Jews who are his ancient covenant people from all nations that gather against them in the last days. He loves them and still recognizes them and saves them. It is then that they will come to the realization that Jesus is their God.

The foreign nationals gathered against the Jews in 66 AD. They fought under Vespasian and Titus. It was a shortcut to Roman citizenship for people who lived in the Roman empire.

I never claim and never have claimed that God the Father and Jesus Christ are the same being. I reject that notion. However, They are one in purpose and now one in glory. God the Father is the head god of the godhead and Jesus and the Holy Ghost are subordinate to him.

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

For them to be one, Jesus must subordinate himself to the Father's will. I am sure that Jesus, as Jehovah and I AM, subordinated himself to the Father even then. When Jesus was on earth, He did not yet know the day nor the hour of the second coming but only the Father. It had not yet been revealed unto him. But all things are known by the Father and thus God is all knowing and I believe now that Jesus has been exalted in heaven, He too also knows all things. We know that the Father was not Jehovah of the Old Testament because of what John the Apostle tells us:

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

The God of the Old Testament appeared unto the Prophets of old and spoke face to face with them. Those prophets saw the face of God.

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

If no man had seen the Father, then it wasn't the Father who appeared and spoke to Jacob and Moses face to face. It was Jesus. Zachariah 14 is a prophesy of when Christ will come and reign as King of the whole earth. From this the Jews probably expected the Lord to come in power and glory to reign but that was not the purpose of his first coming. The Jews failed to understand other scriptures such as Isaiah 53 which speaks of his first coming and his sufferings Jesus was the Lord God of Israel who would come and suffer for their sins and be their redeemer. Jesus also is the Lord God who will come and save the Jews at His second coming and reign on earth for a thousand years.

That's a lot of supposition to say that Jesus was the one who talked with Moses.

And, if Christianity actually was the "first religion" why did God bother to let the Hebrews create Judaism?

God actually favored Abraham because of his willingness to sacrifice his son when God told him to, and his descendants were chosen by God to be His people, which is why Jews are called God's Chosen.

Christ will save the Jews who are his ancient covenant people from all nations that gather against them in the last days. He loves them and still recognizes them and saves them. It is then that they will come to the realization that Jesus is their God.
We don’t need saving, thank you.

That's a lot of supposition to say that Jesus was the one who talked with Moses.

And, if Christianity actually was the "first religion" why did God bother to let the Hebrews create Judaism?

God actually favored Abraham because of his willingness to sacrifice his son when God told him to, and his descendants were chosen by God to be His people, which is why Jews are called God's Chosen.
Yes, the binding of Isaac was Gd’s final test.

Forum List

Back