Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Sorry I'm late to the party.......................

Why do I think that Judaism is older than Christianity? Well, for starters, Judaism was around LONG before Jesus came on the scene. Some would try to use the "trinity" argument saying that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one and the same, but if that is the case, why would there be a reason to have 2 different religions? Shouldn't they all be the same?

As far as Jesus, he was born Jewish, and followed the teachings of Judaism, as that was the primary religion in the place and time He was growing up. Matter of fact, there are stories about Jesus debating with the rabbis in the Temple, so that would mean right there that Jewish theology predated Jesus.

Then..............there is the whole thing about Christianity being all about Jesus, with Jesus basically being the founder and the start of the whole Christianity thing.

Judaism was around a LONG time before Christ showed up. Christianity supposedly came from the teachings of Jesus, which basically means that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism, as well as that Christianity is a much younger religion than Judaism.
Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

John 8:58, "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

John 1:1 & 14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."

Christ, the Son, is one with the Father and has been with the Father since "the beginning."

Sorry I'm late to the party.......................

Why do I think that Judaism is older than Christianity? Well, for starters, Judaism was around LONG before Jesus came on the scene. Some would try to use the "trinity" argument saying that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one and the same, but if that is the case, why would there be a reason to have 2 different religions? Shouldn't they all be the same?

As far as Jesus, he was born Jewish, and followed the teachings of Judaism, as that was the primary religion in the place and time He was growing up. Matter of fact, there are stories about Jesus debating with the rabbis in the Temple, so that would mean right there that Jewish theology predated Jesus.

Then..............there is the whole thing about Christianity being all about Jesus, with Jesus basically being the founder and the start of the whole Christianity thing.

Judaism was around a LONG time before Christ showed up. Christianity supposedly came from the teachings of Jesus, which basically means that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism, as well as that Christianity is a much younger religion than Judaism.
Judaism began with the sect of the Pharisees about 150 years before Christ. Jesus kept the Law but never practiced Judaism and condemned the Pharisees for practicing it.

Judaism: Making up the "law" out of whole cloth. It's called Midrash.

The Jews are under God's curse, dating from Ezekiel's time. They have blamed 'antisemitism' whereas it is God who is upholding the curses.
^^^ Good example of antisemitism….declaring Gd has cursed the Jews.

Christians claim Jesus is the Messiah predicted in the Old Testament, but that is a lie. The OT foretells a powerful politician and military leader who will drive the Romans out of the Holy Land and reestablish the Temple in Jerusalem. Jesus does not fit at all.
Isaiah 53 doesn't describe a 'powerful politician and military leader'. Although he will be when he returns at the 'end of days'.

Judaism began with the sect of the Pharisees about 150 years before Christ. Jesus kept the Law but never practiced Judaism and condemned the Pharisees for practicing it.

Judaism: Making up the "law" out of whole cloth. It's called Midrash.
Modern Judaism also adds the entire Babylonian Talmud to their teachings and doctrine. The Talmud is not a biblical work and was written long after the Old Testament was.

The pattern of substitutionary sacrifice that would be fulfilled in Jesus Christ began in the Garden. Judaism began with the sect of the Pharisees about 150 years before Jesus appeared in the flesh. God was setting the stage for his death.

Do you take the garden of Eden literally?

Dear Lisa,
More Christians are killed for their faith than are Jews (it's not funny).

^^^ Good example of antisemitism….declaring Gd has cursed the Jews.
A curse was upon them once they started sacrificing their children to Molech.

God swore that whether it be Jew or otherwise, he would drive out any wickedness from the Holy Land, and he did just that.

Thankfully, curses are not forever.

Forum List

Back