Zone1 Which God?

"I found Jesus" is a well used tactic for those in front of a parole board.

Many prisoners are released not on parole, but because they have completed their terms in prison.
You don't think very well, do you?
Liberal light bulb joke.png

How many Christians are actually sincere?

How many just say they are Christians when asked but never go to church, never read the bible and don't follow any of your god's commands?
If my neighbors are any indication, very few go to church except on special occasions, such as Christmas and Easter. That does not take anything away from their humanity; they are all good people just like the ones that don't believe in God.

A favorite challenge/throwdown by atheists is "Which God?", giggle, giggle.

I compiled the first answer I have ever seen. Please offer your suggestions
to add.

Which God?

“In God We Trust” – The Motto of the United States, found on every coin and every bill of currency

“God and My Right” – The Motto of Great Britain

Nature’s God, cited in America’s Declaration of Independence:

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. “

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

“We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, . . . .And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

The U.S. Constitution was signed as follows:

“Done in convention by the unanimous consent of the states present the seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the independence of the United States of America the twelfth.”

Named in the Supreme Court Opening Prayer: “God bless this honorable court”.

“No human society has ever been able to maintain both order and freedom…apart from the moral precepts of the Christian religion applied and accepted by all the classes.” – John Jay, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Founding Father

“The Christian religion, in its purity is the basis and the source of all genuine freedom in government.” – Noah Webster

“The general principles on which the Fathers achieved independence were the only principles in which that beautiful assembly of young gentlemen could unite …the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams

“If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” – Daniel Webster

“Our Constitution was made only for a religious people. It is wholly inappropriate for the government of any other.” - John Adams

The consensus of humanity, as Christians constitute the largest group in the world. Consensus is relentlessly cited as “proof” of Darwinian evolution, as “proof” of climate change, but strangely it is pooh-poohed by those consensus folks when it comes to Christianity.

The Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all time.

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

“If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment.” - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher

Oxford University 1096 :

“The Lord is my light”

Harvard 1650:

Whereas
through the good hand of God…

Brown University 1764:

Motto: In Deo Speramus, Latin for “In God We Trust”

Princeton University

Motto: “Dei sub numine viget”, Latin for “Under God’s Power She Flourishes”

University of Pennsylvania

“…hoping through the favour of Almighty God,”

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." ~Dr. Robert Jastrow

“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1, validated by science only in the 20th Century
Wow, Chem Engineer. The only other person I know who would have known all the above quotes was my late husband, who never tried to be in the first in line, and never spoke openly about his faith in God. He was a Professional Electrical Engineer, and IMHO the best man who ever lived because he loved silly me. Here's how I know: he never missed a Sunday in whatever Presbyterian Church we belonged to. He supported a national group that encouraged people to adopt a child in a foreign country that he never met, he figured out the average person's giving in the church, and that's what came out of his salary before anything else; he had a sense of humor that made everyone in the room at any given meeting laugh their socks off, he took berating from his employees in a power company because every day he was in town, he came home for lunch instead of going out; he was 100% dependable, and he could take as well as give male insults to each other that curiously made everyone laugh including his target who knew it was a great honor to be teased and sportsmanlike; he always voted for good guy Republicans with one exception: Nixon, whose sneaky doings almost broke his heart; he got along with everyone except bullies, who didn't mess with him any more than once, and his chief concern over his department of high wire guys was to "force" safety meetings upon their thought processes every Monday morning which resulted in NO deaths by electrotion even in 40 degrees Farenheit below zero in high winds 70 feet up on high wires, for at least 45 years, whereas before him, there were at least 2 electrocutions per annum in his 3-state area of operations. Good information about behaviors 70 feet high on live wires is necessary for the people who service outages, and his group got annual accolades within the company that covered 7 states for his habit of making people better at avoiding death. He never had to go and tell a wife or girlfriend their husband had died, and his entire operation was so clean no one ever had to bring a lawsuit against the power company which probably saved millions of dollars in lawsuits upon the death of their spouse or important other. He stopped in his area a lot of misery. And he was welcomed wherever he went to speak out with a sense of humor that made people not only laugh, but laugh at stupid stuff people did before him to die in some tragic work accident. What better thing can a man do for those people he rubs elbows with every day? He never wanted to be thought of as "important," which is why he made sure his gifts to the church were not too outstanding. He gave time to being an elder in the church and they found he had a great memory as the elder who took notes at business meetings. It had a title but I can't remember it. The only thing I can remember about him was how dear and kind he was to everyone he teased, and he was good at making all of us laugh at ourselves frequently in a very endearing way. His junior engineers loved and respected him in a way I cannot even describe, except to say I learned more about his good deeds from them than he ever admitted to doing.

EDit: "It had a title but I can't remember it." He was clerk of session when we got moved by his company to another city. (His notes were always absolutely accurate.)

Congratulations on being a well-versed chemical scientist and engineer who believes in God. Men like you and my late husband are the backbone of a successful society, even though the good things you do are probably tucked under your cap such that your caring for people is known only to people who realize your silent contribution to their lives is great. Kudos! It's an honor to know your concerns include the politics of men who care about others to whatever point the issue is. My late husband was everything I wasn't except I treasured being his wife and (almost) his best friend. I couldn't match his people skills, so I just made dozens of charity quilts for handicapped or otherwise fatherless babies. That doesn't hold even a small candle to his gift in the way he lived his life and ran his several hundred high wire repair guys in his 3-state area.

Last edited:
Wow, Chem Engineer. The only other person I know who would have known all the above quotes was my late husband, who never tried to be in the first in line, and never spoke openly about his faith in God. He was a Professional Electrical Engineer, and IMHO the best man who ever lived because he loved silly me. Here's how I know: he never missed a Sunday in whatever Presbyterian Church we belonged to. He supported a national group that encouraged people to adopt a child in a foreign country that he never met, he figured out the average person's giving in the church, and that's what came out of his salary before anything else; he had a sense of humor that made everyone in the room at any given meeting laugh their socks off, he took berating from his employees in a power company because every day he was in town, he came home for lunch instead of going out; he was 100% dependable, and he could take as well as give male insults to each other that curiously made everyone laugh including his target who knew it was a great honor to be teased and sportsmanlike; he always voted for good guy Republicans with one exception: Nixon, whose sneaky doings almost broke his heart; he got along with everyone except bullies, who didn't mess with him any more than once, and his chief concern over his department of high wire guys was to "force" safety meetings upon their thought processes every Monday morning which resulted in NO deaths by electrotion even in 40 degrees Farenheit below zero in high winds 70 feet up on high wires, for at least 45 years, whereas before him, there were at least 2 electrocutions per annum in his 3-state area of operations. Good information about behaviors 70 feet high on live wires is necessary for the people who service outages, and his group got annual accolades within the company that covered 7 states for his habit of making people better at avoiding death. He never had to go and tell a wife or girlfriend their husband had died, and his entire operation was so clean no one ever had to bring a lawsuit against the power company which probably saved millions of dollars in lawsuits upon the death of their spouse or important other. He stopped in his area a lot of misery. And he was welcomed wherever he went to speak out with a sense of humor that made people not only laugh, but laugh at stupid stuff people did before him to die in some tragic work accident. What better thing can a man do for those people he rubs elbows with every day? He never wanted to be thought of as "important," which is why he made sure his gifts to the church were not too outstanding. He gave time to being an elder in the church and they found he had a great memory as the elder who took notes at business meetings. It had a title but I can't remember it. The only thing I can remember about him was how dear and kind he was to everyone he teased, and he was good at making all of us laugh at ourselves frequently in a very endearing way. His junior engineers loved and respected him in a way I cannot even describe, except to say I learned more about his good deeds from them than he ever admitted to doing.

Congratulations on being a well-versed chemical scientist and engineer who believes in God. Men like you and my late husband are the backbone of a successful society, even though the good things you do are probably tucked under your cap such that your caring for people is known only to people who realize your silent contribution to their lives is great. Kudos! It's an honor to know your concerns include the politics of men who care about others to whatever point the issue is. My late husband was everything I wasn't except I treasured being his wife and (almost) his best friend. I couldn't match his people skills, so I just made dozens of charity quilts for handicapped or otherwise fatherless babies. That doesn't hold even a small candle to his gift in the way he lived his life and ran his several hundred high wire repair guys in his 3-state area.

He and I would have been great friends. Young men have a very strong tendency to put themselves first. I did for much too long. Now I put everyone else first, hence my daily work with government agencies, conversations with total strangers wherever I go, and practice of the wisdom offered here:

“We scientists have found that doing a kindness produces the single most reliable momentary increase in well-being of any exercise we have tested.” – Martin Seligman, PhD, in his book Flourish

He and I would have been great friends. Young men have a very strong tendency to put themselves first. I did for much too long. Now I put everyone else first, hence my daily work with government agencies, conversations with total strangers wherever I go, and practice of the wisdom offered here:

“We scientists have found that doing a kindness produces the single most reliable momentary increase in well-being of any exercise we have tested.” – Martin Seligman, PhD, in his book Flourish
I think you nailed it, ChemEngineer. :thup:

Yes, you would have been great friends. He liked his fellow members in the Professional Engineers Society. It was fun meeting the other PE wives, because we'd laugh about how excited they got with their own language we did not quite understand as homemakers. lol.

What we know is that man, who is imperfect, tried to understand the will of God. The OT is a perfect example. It is full of allegory and attempts to anthropomorph God so that man can try to understand God in man made terms. That is why Jesus contradicts, through words and actions, the OT.

Then after Christ, we have letters circulating throughout the first century church with many of these letters, shortly after, debating and trying to understand some of the deeper questions about Christ and his relationship to God.

Then the Roman Catholic Church arises and then seeks to canonize these letters. A few meetings later, they decide what is "inspired" and what isn't inspired.
If you don't make the book club you were outcast (that sounds exactly like Jesus).

I don't think it is wrong of any Christian to question the accuracy of the RCCs ability or their divine right to decide what should be the ONLY Authority of "God's Word".
Christ said "Believe on me". That's it. There was no caveat that came a few centuries later that said that one has to believe the "Holy Bible" that was inspired by the RCC. As we all know they abused scripture and kept the monopoly of scripture for centuries!!! The bible says nothing of itself that many Christians ascribe to the Bible.
Many practice bibliolatry, and for some, belief in the infallibility of the "The Bible" is a salvific issue, which, Jesus nor the Bible ever says of itself.
Really? The Bible never says of itself that it's salvific in nature.....nor does Jesus? The scriptures are clear......void of the record left behind by the Apostles of Christ and other saints, holy men that were inspired by the Holy Spirit of Truth.....there is no hope. (2 Peter 1:12-13). There is no "private interpretation" of scripture. (2 Peter 1:19-20)

Jesus declares that He is, ".......the way, the life, and no man can come to the Father (God) without Me." (John 14:6)

Void of the Holy Scriptures.......just how and where do you assume Christian faith is constructed, the scriptures are the very foundation of Christianity? "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God" -- Romans 10:17. If the Word of God did not exist, there could be no Christianity nor Judeo-Christian philosophy. What? Is religion innate to all mankind, or must it be heard/read and believed? There is no religion to be found in nature........only superstitious Paganism. If man evolved from animals........where did religion and the morality defining laws come from?

The Scriptures most certainly do declare that they are required/profitable as compared to non-profitable without them for Doctrine, Instruction, Correction, REPROOF (Just as you are being schooled in the actual content of the Holy Scriptures in relation to your ad hominem suggestion/accusation that the scriptures nor Jesus declare the scriptures are required for salvation....in fact the Bible includes an entire chapter as to what Jesus thinks about those who replace the actual word of God......the law; with man made traditions making the scriptures of non effect.........His words, ye generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell...with inference that they are placing their positions of authority over the actual content of the Word of God (Matthew 23)

The actual content of the Holy Scriptures. The man of God can be made perfect in all acts of righteousness.....and have everything required to find salvation through the knowledge contained in the Holy Scriptures. (2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:3)

The Bible declares that its Contents are the product of God's inspiration (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Further, we are instructed to let those WORDS live within us and guide our conduct, as this is where WISDOM comes from (Col.3:16)

The Christ makes it clear..........that it is His words (found only in one place today, the Word of God) that will be the final judge on judgment day. (John 12:48)

How do you know the word of God unless it is preached to you? How can it be preached to you if there is no standard to calibrate TRUTH? Void of the scriptures.....men (such as those of the RCC, Mormonism, Islam, Johavah witnesses...etc.,) can replace TRUTH with TRADITION and write their own uninspired versions of a supposed holy book, based upon a tradition that we know that Jesus delcares will lead those who practice such over the actual law...content of the scriptures.....to end up in HELL. Matthew 23:33.

The Holy Scriptures are the "SWORD" used by Christian's to calibrate truth in destroying the false accusations of those who are the enemies of the faith. The Scriptures are the only tool required to calibrate truth........its our protection our armor against the powers, and agents of this world. (Eph. 6:13-18)

Last edited:
1. I had to click on the link to read your "rage" because I have you on IGNORE for good reason. That reason is your atheist, left-wing ignorance and "rage."
2. You are so ignorant that you can't even spell "sycophant." Don't pretend to know how to use multi-syllable words when you can't even spell them. Most amusing, WinterBorn.

syc·o·phan·tic
[ˌsikəˈfan(t)ik]

ADJECTIVE
  1. behaving or done in an obsequious way in order to gain advantage:

Thank you for the spell-check. That gives you one useful trait.

And I do not rage at Christians or people of faith. I do, however, prove some reality to your insanity.

A favorite challenge/throwdown by atheists is "Which God?", giggle, giggle.

I compiled the first answer I have ever seen. Please offer your suggestions
to add.

Which God?

“In God We Trust” – The Motto of the United States, found on every coin and every bill of currency

“God and My Right” – The Motto of Great Britain

Nature’s God, cited in America’s Declaration of Independence:

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. “

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

“We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, . . . .And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

The U.S. Constitution was signed as follows:

“Done in convention by the unanimous consent of the states present the seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the independence of the United States of America the twelfth.”

Named in the Supreme Court Opening Prayer: “God bless this honorable court”.

“No human society has ever been able to maintain both order and freedom…apart from the moral precepts of the Christian religion applied and accepted by all the classes.” – John Jay, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Founding Father

“The Christian religion, in its purity is the basis and the source of all genuine freedom in government.” – Noah Webster

“The general principles on which the Fathers achieved independence were the only principles in which that beautiful assembly of young gentlemen could unite …the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams

“If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” – Daniel Webster

“Our Constitution was made only for a religious people. It is wholly inappropriate for the government of any other.” - John Adams

The consensus of humanity, as Christians constitute the largest group in the world. Consensus is relentlessly cited as “proof” of Darwinian evolution, as “proof” of climate change, but strangely it is pooh-poohed by those consensus folks when it comes to Christianity.

The Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all time.

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

“If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment.” - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher

Oxford University 1096 :

“The Lord is my light”

Harvard 1650:

Whereas
through the good hand of God…

Brown University 1764:

Motto: In Deo Speramus, Latin for “In God We Trust”

Princeton University

Motto: “Dei sub numine viget”, Latin for “Under God’s Power She Flourishes”

University of Pennsylvania

“…hoping through the favour of Almighty God,”

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." ~Dr. Robert Jastrow

“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1, validated by science only in the 20th Century
The motto on our coins was an anti- communist propaganda scheme the government came up with during the cold war. Remember those " godless " communists. I guess you don't. You sound like a good person in general but you have a log in your eye when it comes to people that do not agree with you politically. They are not your enemy, they are your fellow Americans. As far as Jesus being the natural GOD, he is not. Thus that renders all the biblical references inert. You did not build your house on solid ground. That's unusual for a " scientist ".

Really? The Bible never says of itself that it's salvific in nature.....nor does Jesus? The scriptures are clear......void of the record left behind by the Apostles of Christ and other saints, holy men that were inspired by the Holy Spirit of Truth.....there is no hope. (2 Peter 1:12-13). There is no "private interpretation" of scripture. (2 Peter 1:19-20)

Jesus declares that He is, ".......the way, the life, and no man can come to the Father (God) without Me." (John 14:6)

Void of the Holy Scriptures.......just how and where do you assume Christian faith is constructed, the scriptures are the very foundation of Christianity? "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God" -- Romans 10:17. If the Word of God did not exist, there could be no Christianity nor Judeo-Christian philosophy. What? Is religion innate to all mankind, or must it be heard/read and believed? There is no religion to be found in nature........only superstitious Paganism. If man evolved from animals........where did religion and the morality defining laws come from?

The Scriptures most certainly do declare that they are required/profitable as compared to non-profitable without them for Doctrine, Instruction, Correction, REPROOF (Just as you are being schooled in the actual content of the Holy Scriptures in relation to your ad hominem suggestion/accusation that the scriptures nor Jesus declare the scriptures are required for salvation....in fact the Bible includes an entire chapter as to what Jesus thinks about those who replace the actual word of God......the law; with man made traditions making the scriptures of non effect.........His words, ye generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of hell...with inference that they are placing their positions of authority over the actual content of the Word of God (Matthew 23)

The actual content of the Holy Scriptures. The man of God can be made perfect in all acts of righteousness.....and have everything required to find salvation through the knowledge contained in the Holy Scriptures. (2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:3)

The Bible declares that its Contents are the product of God's inspiration (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Further, we are instructed to let those WORDS live within us and guide our conduct, as this is where WISDOM comes from (Col.3:16)

The Christ makes it clear..........that it is His words (found only in one place today, the Word of God) that will be the final judge on judgment day. (John 12:48)

How do you know the word of God unless it is preached to you? How can it be preached to you if there is no standard to calibrate TRUTH? Void of the scriptures.....men (such as those of the RCC, Mormonism, Islam, Johavah witnesses...etc.,) can replace TRUTH with TRADITION and write their own uninspired versions of a supposed holy book, based upon a tradition that we know that Jesus delcares will lead those who practice such over the actual law...content of the scriptures.....to end up in HELL. Matthew 23:33.

The Holy Scriptures are the "SWORD" used by Christian's to calibrate truth in destroying the false accusations of those who are the enemies of the faith. The Scriptures are the only tool required to calibrate truth........its our protection our armor against the powers, and agents of this world. (Eph. 6:13-18)
Unfortunately Jesus never wrote any of the bible. Other men did and said these things of him. Of the great number of books that were given consideration for incorporation into the Christian Bible only those that did not conflict in the message the religion wanted to convey were finally accepted and incorporated. Men conveyed this message, not Jesus.

"The Bible says...." is not an authoritative statement about anything

To state with any assurance that unknown authors writing about matters that occurred 100 years after the supposed events are true and inerrant is beyond the bounds of reliable or believable. I don't consider the bible to have any supernatural influence. It is, in my opinion, a work written by men with perhaps ignoble motives, but that doesnt require anyone to accept it as literal truth. And, it just so happens that we know with certainty that many of the described events in the bible are simply not true as they clearly contradict the scientific truths we do know.

Thank you for the spell-check. That gives you one useful trait.

And I do not rage at Christians or people of faith. I do, however, prove some reality to your insanity.
Billions of people live on this planet. Each person determines what good and evil is. When one person's idea of what is evil clashes with another person's idea of what good is we end up with conflict. That's why ethics are the best way to speak and deal with others. Morals are too misleading and changeable. The chemical engineer who calls himself a scientist should know that.

My website, just developed today after its predecessor was eliminated by Silicon Valley Leftists who censor those critical of the Biden Crime Syndicate, to which they contributed millions of dollars:

Irrational Atheism

If any of you fine thinkers have something substantial to add, or a correction to suggest, please send me your private message. I will acknowledge you on this thread if I utilize your contribution, unless you do not wish me to do so.
The chart about retention rates in the U.S. of religions, where can I find this on the internet. I've searched and only found some information but not the chart.

The chart about retention rates in the U.S. of religions, where can I find this on the internet. I've searched and only found some information but not the chart.
Over the years, I have discovered that providing a source is worthless. Those who demand the source invariably discount whatever that source is. They call it nasty names, ignorant, worthless, and biased against their ideology so what's the point of providing any source. I don't even keep track of them, with very rare exceptions. I didn't make it up. You must be offended by the low retention of atheism.
Similarly there are stats showing high depression and suicide rates among atheists. That would also bother you I suspect.

RE: Zone1 • Which God?
SUBTOPIC: Multiple Points of Contention
⁜→ ChemEngineer, Blues Man, et al,

Your atheist condemnations are NOT "respectful."
(COMMENT)

This allegation is without merit and made without facts in evidence.

How many Christians are actually sincere?

How many just say they are Christians when asked but never go to church, never read the bible and don't follow any of your god's commands?
(COMMENT)

Most of the self-proclaimed Christians (
followers of the teachings of Jesus) that I am familiar with believe that one of the three basic God Powers is Omnipresence: God is all-together everywhere all the time.

Nowhere does the recordings of Jesus say, you must go to church.

IF the First Cause (Creator • The Supreme Being) is everywhere, THEN the Supreme Being is in your home as well as the Church.

Another one of the three basic God Powers is Omniscience: The Bible makes it clear that God is all-knowing'
IF
the First Cause is all-knowing, THEN the First Cause knows what is in your mind and the degree of sincerity you accord the teachings.

(SIDEBAR)

I realize that there are quite a few interpretations on the teachings of the Bible and the original Concepts of Jesus. Otherwise, there would only be one Religion and one Bible. Of course, there is no one teaching and there is no one bible.

And, when someone professes that the "found Jesus," that is just a slogan. Remeber, there are three Abrahamic Religions.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

church (church) n. [ME cbirche < OE cirice < LGk. kuriakon < Gk. kuriakos, of the lord < kurios, lord.] 1. A building for public, esp. Christian, worship. 2. often Church, a. The company of all Christians considered as a mystic spiritual body. b. A specified Christian de¬ nomination <the Methodist Churchy c. A congregation. 3. Public di¬ vine worship in a church. 4. Ecclesiastical power <no union of church and state> 5. The clerical profession : clergy. —vt. churched, church*ing, church*es To conduct a church service for, esp. to per¬ form a religious service for (a woman after childbirth). —adj. Of or relating to the church : ecclesiastical <church doctrine and dogma>

Chris*tian (kris'chan) adj. [ME Cristen < OE < Lat. Christianus < Gk. Khristianos < Khristos, Christ.] 1. Declaring belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus. 2. Relating to or derived from Jesus. 3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus. 4. Relating to or typical of Christianity. 5. Showing a loving concern for others : humane. —n. 1. One who professes be¬ lief in Jesus as Christ or follows the Christian religion. 2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus. —Chris'tian*ly adv.

Do you think anyone who murders millions of people believe in God, or at least, the God of the Bible?

Like it or not, people will gravitate towards a religion, and today, Leftism is the most popular.

Those that are Leftists have two choices.

1. Reject the God of the Bible because their ideology conflicts with the teachings of the Bible

2. Force the teachings of the Bible to agree with Left wing ideology, much like Rev. Warnock in Georgia or Biden the abortionist Catholic.

Hitler, the National Socialist, even said he was a Christian. LOL.
Reject the God of the Bible because their ideology conflicts with the teachings of the Bible

the desert religions ...

1679100517582.jpeg

using their scriptures as motivation have been killing people from their onset to the present day.

communism in fact was a reaction to the despotism those religions have embraced for the reason to force their beliefs on all who would not willingly succumb to their religious scriptural teachings.

and no, the desert religions have no more heavenly endearment than the most benign nursery rhymes.

Over the years, I have discovered that providing a source is worthless. Those who demand the source invariably discount whatever that source is. They call it nasty names, ignorant, worthless, and biased against their ideology so what's the point of providing any source. I don't even keep track of them, with very rare exceptions. I didn't make it up. You must be offended by the low retention of atheism.
Similarly there are stats showing high depression and suicide rates among atheists. That would also bother you I suspect.
I posted that without reviewing the table in question. Having just read the footnotes, I see it plainly states "Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, 2004". So the complaint by Cougarbear is baseless.

I posted that without reviewing the table in question. Having just read the footnotes, I see it plainly states "Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, 2004". So the complaint by Cougarbear is baseless.
Religion is in it's death throws, that's why these last desperate attempts to seize power are occurring. If current trends continue Christians will only account for 35 % of the US population by 2070. Personally I don't think it will take that long if they keep pushing their agenda on the rest of US. They are alienating more and more people with each passing day.

You know nothing about me. I'm very religious. That wasn't my question. I found part of the source you have. But, the chart was not there. And, if you are writing a book, you would have that source readily available.

So exactly what are you attempting to label people on the left as, fascists like Hitler, communists like Jesus, or socialists like so many others ( remembering that large parts of our government have instituted socialized institutions ).And except for the fascists why do you think they're so bad ?
Jesus was a communist? Since when do communists solicit the belief in Father in Heaven and to believe on him? Communists are atheists by definition. They are the supreme God for them. Jesus was not a socialist either. Socialism and Capitalism are earthly constructs of secular government economies. Jesus taught to freely give to help others, especially if you are rich. But, he never demanded tithing and offerings or be thrown in jail. He taught to freely give.

Forum List

Back