Which Side Are You On?

"New data released by the IRS reveals that, over a period of 12 years, tax rates for the richest 400 Americans were effectively cut in half. In 1995, the richest 400 Americans paid, on average, 29.93% of their income in federal taxes. In 2007, the last year for which the IRS has released data, the richest 400 Americans paid just 16.63%...

"As their tax rates plummeted, the total income of the richest 400 Americans skyrocketed.

"In 1995, the combined income of the richest 400 was just over $6 billion. By 2007, the combined income of the richest 400 was almost $23 billion."

ThinkProgress » REPORT: In 12 Years, Income For Richest 400 Americans Quadruples, Tax Rate Nearly Halved

Or maybe you should get off your knees, Knave?

Ready for global Feudalism?

So...you're stupid and lazy...and it's MY fault. :lol:
Is 29.93% of their income to much to ask of our richest 400?
Wow. At least you acknowledge it's their money. :lol:

:lol: What a stupid statement. You're not poor because someone else got rich. You're poor because you're lazy and you made bad choices.
Do you follow the math?

I ask because I'm not sure that I do.

If 300,000 US households increase their wealth to $10 million per household that means (300,000 households) x ($10 million/household) equals three trillion dollars that is no longer available to the other 98% of US households since money is a commodity and can only be possessed by one household or another.

Right?
Stupid?
Not sure?
Wrong, as I've shown. The total amount of wealth in the nation has risen since we became a nation.

You really think there has only ever been X amount of dollars? Really?

Dumbass. :lol:
GDP tells us what exactly regarding income distribution?

Money is a commodity since it can be possessed by only one person or another.

True or False.

Milton Freedman

Of course there is, and the Pentagon should be audited.

Rumsfeld! BOOGA BOOGA!!

You wet your pants typing that, didn't you? :lol:
I'm sure you remember where you were September 10, 2001.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU]YouTube - ‪9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon‬‏[/ame]
So you think Rummy went on teevee and spilled the beans, so Bush said "Oh, crap!! Quick, somebody know over the WTC!!"

There's a reason your life has been a failure. It's because you're tremendously stupid.
How much stupid is required to believe two planes collapsed three steel framed skyscrapers?

Do you follow the math?

If 300,000 US households increase their wealth to $10 million per household that means (300,000 households) x ($10 million/household) equals three trillion dollars that is no longer available to the other 98% of US households since money is a commodity and can only be possessed by one household or another.

Right?
Stupid?
Not sure?
Wrong, as I've shown. The total amount of wealth in the nation has risen since we became a nation.

True or False.

Milton Freedman
In order for your stupid little theory to be true, that there has only ever been a set amount of money,200 years ago when the population was much smaller, either everyone was insanely wealthy, or there was a huge pile of money sitting around that belonged to no one.

It's a simple concept, but you refuse to understand it.

So you think Rummy went on teevee and spilled the beans, so Bush said "Oh, crap!! Quick, somebody know over the WTC!!"

There's a reason your life has been a failure. It's because you're tremendously stupid.
How much stupid is required to believe two planes collapsed three steel framed skyscrapers?
Not a bit. Believing they were controlled demolitions, however, takes a great deal of stupid.

And as you've already admitted, you're stupid.

True or False.

Milton Freedman
In order for your stupid little theory to be true, that there has only ever been a set amount of money,200 years ago when the population was much smaller, either everyone was insanely wealthy, or there was a huge pile of money sitting around that belonged to no one.

Is money a commodity?

Can it be possessed by more than one person at one time?

I can't help wondering what would happen if the US started filling its prisons with the richest 1% of its population?

Mass starvation would be the likely result.

Your hatred of the rich really is amazing. What you make obvious is that lefties are not motivated by "compassion" for the disadvantaged. Their primary motivation is envy and hatred of those who are having a better time in life. Lefties are primarily losers who want revenge on those who make their inadequacies so obvious.

They would destroy the country to get that revenge.

Pathetic.

What's pathetic is your effort to paint others as holding false pathos.

I can't help wondering what would happen if the US started filling its prisons with the richest 1% of its population?

Your hatred of the rich really is amazing. What you make obvious is that lefties are not motivated by "compassion" for the disadvantaged. Their primary motivation is envy and hatred of those who are having a better time in life. Lefties are primarily losers who want revenge on those who make their inadequacies so obvious.

Pathetic.

I'm reluctant to guess at the motivations of USMB posters.
I strongly suspect many are not what they appear to be.
That said there is a framing thing (I guess) that inspires some/most on the right to immediately resort to personal attacks whenever the issue of economic class arises.

Since I don't own a television or listen to "talk radio" I have no way of knowing what rich white elites on the right tell their audiences; however, I don't think those who listen regularly ever hear much in the way of honest debate.

Since there's been little fundamental change to the way Wall Street does business since 2008, I'm guessing we'll have to wait for an economic collapse on the scale of the Great Depression in order to focus right-wing consciousness on the principles of class war.

Hopefully that will occur around November of 2012.

Pathetic.
What's truly pathetic is the way you place the rich above the law.

After the Savings and Loan looting of the late 80s hundreds of bankers were prosecuted, convicted and jailed on charges far more complex than the securities and control fraud crimes of 2008, at least according to William Black who was responsible for many of the S&L convictions.

This Republic is being destroyed by rich parasites like Henry Paulson and Robert Rubin and alleged patriots like you babble about "envy" and "hatred for those having a better time in life."

Grow a pair before you lose what's left of your "freedom."

No one wins the class war. It's a suicide pact.
I think you're very close to the truth with that, bripat.

If the Fall of Man relates to an actual historical event, I would nominate the formation of the first private fortunes.

Fortunes that could not have come into existence at that time without the institution of chattel slavery with half the human population (the half with inferior upper body strength) being anointed First Slaves.

Apparently that went right over your head.

By "the class war" I mean the attempt by people like you to destroy the rich is a suicide pact. If you ever succeed, this country will be in ruins. The people you want to destroy are the people who make this country work. You're like a terrorist who threatens to shoot the pilot of the plane he's hijacking.
The people who make the economy of this country work are the millions of productive citizens and non citizens with money in their pockets to fuel a GDP that is 70% consumption.

The rich are bloated tics sucking the blood from the real drivers of the US economic aircraft.

People like you are too brainwashed to tell the difference between the pilots and the terrorists who nearly crashed that plane three years ago.

Remember?

Pathetic.

That said there is a framing thing (I guess) that inspires some/most on the right to immediately resort to personal attacks whenever the issue of economic class arises.

Since I don't own a television or listen to "talk radio" I have no way of knowing what rich white elites on the right tell their audiences; however, I don't think those who listen regularly ever hear much in the way of honest debate.

Since there's been little fundamental change to the way Wall Street does business since 2008, I'm guessing we'll have to wait for an economic collapse on the scale of the Great Depression in order to focus right-wing consciousness on the principles of class war.

I'm not reluctant to guess at what motivates those on the right. I knew many who manifested the same behaviors in the late 1960's - we referred to them as the radical chic. They were faux liberals; today's conservatives are faux conservatives and faux Christians. They want to be accepted so they play the role, instead of saying "Right on" and flashing the peace symbol, they bless everyone and wear the Christian cross - loudly and proudly. What those in the 60's and those today have in common is a desperate need for attention and a lack of conviction - their words are scripted by others, their behavior belies the words.

"As this chart shows, the US is cranking out multimillionaires at a record pace with super-rich (more than $10M) households doubling in the past decade.

"What’s scary is that doubling the amount of people who have more than $10M per household (from 300K to 600K) means there’s $3,000,000,000,000 less available for the other 98% of the of the households as MONEY IS A COMMODITY and can only be possessed by one person OR another."

:lol: What a stupid statement. You're not poor because someone else got rich. You're poor because you're lazy and you made bad choices.
Do you follow the math?

Right?
Stupid?
Not sure?
Ahh yes, The liberal theory of the zero sum game. Nice.
Hey genius, There is no magic pot of money from which we all draw. There is no magic advantage to anyone
Wealth is created. It does not exist in a vacuum.
The idea that you people hold, if one has more then another must have less, id patently false and represents only the attitude of the lazy, jealous, small paradigm of the entitled lib/progressive mindset.
In other words because people like you are too lazy lack the imagination and drive to make your own mark, attack those that did and accuse them of "winning the lottery of life".
You want everything handed to you including what other have earned. Hence your gigantic support of confiscatory taxation.

True or False.

Milton Freedman

Is money a commodity?

Can it be possessed by more than one person at one time?

Which is more valuable -- a pile of lumber, brick, nails, wire, pipe, and shingles, or a house?

When you put the materials together, you've created wealth.

Are you capable of understanding this, or do you wish to continue believing the ridiculous notion that money is finite?

I'm not reluctant to guess at what motivates those on the right. I knew many who manifested the same behaviors in the late 1960's - we referred to them as the radical chic. They were faux liberals; today's conservatives are faux conservatives and faux Christians. They want to be accepted so they play the role, instead of saying "Right on" and flashing the peace symbol, they bless everyone and wear the Christian cross - loudly and proudly. What those in the 60's and those today have in common is a desperate need for attention and a lack of conviction - their words are scripted by others, their behavior belies the words.

You truly are an idiot.

In the struggle between Corporate America vs. We the People, which side are you on?

Here is the problem. You've created a false dichotemy. For whatever reason you believe that a corporation, or rather an association of people working together on some business venture, is in conflict with the American people. Yet you've provided no evidence of it. You've shown nothing of why corporations are evil or why they are more dangerous than other forms of business.

I simply don't accept your premise that we the people are at war with corporations as corporations are merely a vehicle some of us use to conduct business.
We've had two hundred years of experience in this country that prove corporations pose a conflict with Americans. Starting with East India Company tea that was dumped into Boston harbor.

Once the generation that fought the Revolutionary War died off, America witnessed a rise "among its citizens whose wealth rivaled that of the 'landed gentry' (that controlled) the East India Company..."

Consider what the only Democrat elected president during the Gilded Age had to say:

"A century has passed,” (Grover) Cleveland noted in the same speech, on the ninety-ninth anniversary of the ratification of the U.S. Constitution, and 'our business men are madly striving in the race for riches, and immense aggregations of capital outrun theimagination in the magnitude of their undertakings.'

"And it wasn’t that these men were getting rich because they were good or smart businessmen.

"Instead they were buying politicians, corrupting the Constitution, and brazenly destroying their smaller business competitors."

"President Cleveland continued:

"'We discover that the fortunes realized by our manufacturers are no longer solely the reward of sturdy industry and enlightened foresight, but that they result from the discriminating favor of the Government and are largely based on undue exactions from the masses of our people.

"'The gulf between employers and the employed is constantly widening, and classes are rapidly forming, one comprising the very rich and powerful, while in another are found the toiling poor.'"

Maybe it's a good thing Cleveland never got a look at the Gipper?

"Unequal Protection": The People's Masters | Truthout

AS ALWAYS
I'M ON THE BACKSIDE

melyssa-ford-nice-butt-redo.jpg

Forum List

Back