Which "side" of the "fence" are you on?

and that's a fair point. just from my own research while slavery was a big issue at the time, it was not the ONLY issue and a bigger issue of being told how to live was also a huge reason for this.

i see a lot of "you must live this way" going on today. this person said something unpopular, they must be ridiculed and fired from their job!!! you WILL accept this lifestyle and make them cakes!!! no, they don't have to make trump cakes, stop being silly...

there's a shitton of stupid going on these days also that in the end is based on so little respect for another person and LOOKING for reasons to hold them down, keep them back, insult them and the like.

*we* need to be better than this and part of that is looking for where we agree moreso than where we don't.

Not the only but we'd agree it was the fundamental reason. The cornerstone reason. That the south thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery and the North's (and with Lincoln in office, now the Federal Governments) opposition to that institution was far and away the primary reason.

I mean you read some of those minutes when states were debating secession, the survival of slavery was the topic.

As for someone saying something stupid at work, that's one thing. If they intentionally say something offensive on a media platform, I don't think a company should have to support that person. Your decisions are yours, but so are the consequences of those decisions and words. I can't sit there and say "it's good Kaepernick is out of a job for sitting during the national anthem, but that bakery that won't bake cakes for a gay wedding should never have been outed".
well it's stupid to force one bakery to bake those cakes but not another viewpoints. you either force this or you don't. as far as i'm concerned you have the right to open up any business you want and let the market determine if you succeed or fail.
how do you deny a customer that's shopping in your store ? can we deny blacks ,whites, ?I'm old enough to remember white only drinking fountains in Ga....and bathrooms for white males and females but just one for blacks I think if those alt right people had their way we'd go back to those bad ol days

Bakers Refused to Make Pro-Trump Birthday Cake for 9-Year-Old Trump Superfan

you'll need to ask those people, i suppose. those likely are the type who threw a fit cause they didn't want to make gay-cakes but it's ok to not make a trump cake for a 9 year old kid.

and i suppose you can put up a "no blacks" sign and see how far that goes. i know i'd not shop there and this would be why. if a bakery openly said "no gays" id likely look for another one. the market will decide and if people want to stay in business they'll stop banning segments they don't personally like because it kills their own "american dream".

but i see all the time where police and military are not allowed in places - how can this be allowed?

it sucks and yes, i do fully understand your point and not 100% sold on my own just because i'd hate to see us "regress" in key areas of these things. however, is it a success if you force someone into a behavior vs. let them learn on their own?

And those goal posts move, surprise surprise. So in reality it isn't no response, it's "a response I'm going to ignore for political football reasons".

No, guy, it was a completely inadequate response even Republicans denounced.

Sarah Huckabee coming out and saying, "Well, what he really meant was..." has become a bit tiresome.

It's not what I said, but actually that should make sense to you. It's the police's job to intervene for the sake of safety / laws being broken.

Actually, you should talk to your fellow gun nuts, who insist cops don't stop crime, which is why they done need them some guns!!!!

I think these cops had their hands full, and frankly, these Nazi Assholes got what they deserved.

But what I did say is that police didn't follow the laws or do their fucking jobs and shit got real.

I wouldn't expect a cop to put his personal safety on the line to protect a Nazi.

And those goal posts move, surprise surprise. So in reality it isn't no response, it's "a response I'm going to ignore for political football reasons".

No, guy, it was a completely inadequate response even Republicans denounced.

Sarah Huckabee coming out and saying, "Well, what he really meant was..." has become a bit tiresome.

It's not what I said, but actually that should make sense to you. It's the police's job to intervene for the sake of safety / laws being broken.

Actually, you should talk to your fellow gun nuts, who insist cops don't stop crime, which is why they done need them some guns!!!!

I think these cops had their hands full, and frankly, these Nazi Assholes got what they deserved.

But what I did say is that police didn't follow the laws or do their fucking jobs and shit got real.

I wouldn't expect a cop to put his personal safety on the line to protect a Nazi.

Crrrreeaak goes the goalposts...

STOP MULTI-REPLYING YOU IGNORANT FUCK.

how do you deny a customer that's shopping in your store ? can we deny blacks ,whites, ?I'm old enough to remember white only drinking fountains in Ga....and bathrooms for white males and females but just one for blacks I think if those alt right people had their way we'd go back to those bad ol days

Kinda going a bit off topic here, but that's where it gets into a really interesting talk about freedom vs. laws in place to protect. Pure freedom is anarchy. No freedom is slavery. So you need to find a middle ground.

I am not sure where that is. Is it ok to claim beliefs in telling someone you won't officiate their wedding because of their sexuality? What about beliefs if you won't serve a cop coffee? At what point can you protect beliefs, but protect equal rights?

Me personally, I think a lot of these things are fluff. Right and Left have pushed so far out from each other, if one adopts something as good, the other has to adopt the mindset that it's the worst thing in the history of the world. Then we throw social media into the mix and something that truly isn't a big deal becomes this insane situation that we have to deal with.

Has it occurred to you I do it because I know it annoys you?

I am not sure where that is. Is it ok to claim beliefs in telling someone you won't officiate their wedding because of their sexuality? What about beliefs if you won't serve a cop coffee? At what point can you protect beliefs, but protect equal rights?

I think it's a something that should be judged on a case by case basis, just like every other law we have.

My own opinion is that anyone who refuses to serve a gay person because of "Beliefs" is just using religion to hide their homophobia. There are a whole bunch of rules in the bible most of us ignore about braids, jewelry, tattoos, working on Sunday, clothing, and nobody would seriously say, "I'm not going to serve you because Jesus said your braids were bad."

and that's a fair point. just from my own research while slavery was a big issue at the time, it was not the ONLY issue and a bigger issue of being told how to live was also a huge reason for this.

i see a lot of "you must live this way" going on today. this person said something unpopular, they must be ridiculed and fired from their job!!! you WILL accept this lifestyle and make them cakes!!! no, they don't have to make trump cakes, stop being silly...

there's a shitton of stupid going on these days also that in the end is based on so little respect for another person and LOOKING for reasons to hold them down, keep them back, insult them and the like.

*we* need to be better than this and part of that is looking for where we agree moreso than where we don't.

Not the only but we'd agree it was the fundamental reason. The cornerstone reason. That the south thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery and the North's (and with Lincoln in office, now the Federal Governments) opposition to that institution was far and away the primary reason.

I mean you read some of those minutes when states were debating secession, the survival of slavery was the topic.

As for someone saying something stupid at work, that's one thing. If they intentionally say something offensive on a media platform, I don't think a company should have to support that person. Your decisions are yours, but so are the consequences of those decisions and words. I can't sit there and say "it's good Kaepernick is out of a job for sitting during the national anthem, but that bakery that won't bake cakes for a gay wedding should never have been outed".
well it's stupid to force one bakery to bake those cakes but not another viewpoints. you either force this or you don't. as far as i'm concerned you have the right to open up any business you want and let the market determine if you succeed or fail.

you'll need to ask those people, i suppose. those likely are the type who threw a fit cause they didn't want to make gay-cakes but it's ok to not make a trump cake for a 9 year old kid.

and i suppose you can put up a "no blacks" sign and see how far that goes. i know i'd not shop there and this would be why. if a bakery openly said "no gays" id likely look for another one. the market will decide and if people want to stay in business they'll stop banning segments they don't personally like because it kills their own "american dream".

but i see all the time where police and military are not allowed in places - how can this be allowed?

it sucks and yes, i do fully understand your point and not 100% sold on my own just because i'd hate to see us "regress" in key areas of these things. however, is it a success if you force someone into a behavior vs. let them learn on their own?
never a success if you force someone,,,,,meanwhile I'm waiting for trump to be more explicit than implicit about those Nazis yesterday

Has it occurred to you I do it because I know it annoys you?

I think it's a something that should be judged on a case by case basis, just like every other law we have.

My own opinion is that anyone who refuses to serve a gay person because of "Beliefs" is just using religion to hide their homophobia. There are a whole bunch of rules in the bible most of us ignore about braids, jewelry, tattoos, working on Sunday, clothing, and nobody would seriously say, "I'm not going to serve you because Jesus said your braids were bad."

yes, and I will keep calling you out for it. my OCD will beat out you being an asshole.

STOP DOING IT.

What I want from trump
ex·plic·it
ikˈsplisit/
adjective
  1. 1.
    stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
    "the speaker's intentions were not made explicit"
    synonyms: clear, plain, straightforward, crystal clear, easily understandable; More

noun

Kinda going a bit off topic here, but that's where it gets into a really interesting talk about freedom vs. laws in place to protect. Pure freedom is anarchy. No freedom is slavery. So you need to find a middle ground.

Me personally, I think a lot of these things are fluff. Right and Left have pushed so far out from each other, if one adopts something as good, the other has to adopt the mindset that it's the worst thing in the history of the world. Then we throw social media into the mix and something that truly isn't a big deal becomes this insane situation that we have to deal with.

Not my quote, dude. As you were....

JoeB131

What martybegan said. Not interested in having my shit put in among 8,000 quotes and having to sort it out. Didn't even read the shit this time, so that you'll learn I ain't down with that and that you're just wasting your time if you do it. I'm sure it was the normal ignorant, side-stepping fap, anyhow.

That's not what I said at all.

STEP, I SAID, BITCH!

yes it is implicitly what you said - Democrats were counting on rightwingers getting violent, it was their master plan.

And whats with the CRAZY ?

I explicitly said that the cops didn't follow the laws or enforce the laws and allowed for mob rule. You seem to implicitly support that.

Cops not following rules never caused me to get into a car and start running people over - strange that eh?

Wise up, this is not something that could be blamed on anyone but the perpetrators.

Was there or was there not violence at this rally because the cops didn't do their jobs?

You can criticize particular decisions by the police, but that is besides the point.

Police did not make anyone behave violently, so stop deflecting the responsibility, it's not an excuse.

It is not beside the point whatsoever. Is the point of getting a permit to have law and order? If it's not the point, then why bother having permits at all? This is on the police who didn't follow the law and did not follow the order of their jobs to stop purveyors of lawlessness.

yes it is implicitly what you said - Democrats were counting on rightwingers getting violent, it was their master plan.

I explicitly said that the cops didn't follow the laws or enforce the laws and allowed for mob rule. You seem to implicitly support that.

Cops not following rules never caused me to get into a car and start running people over - strange that eh?

Wise up, this is not something that could be blamed on anyone but the perpetrators.

Was there or was there not violence at this rally because the cops didn't do their jobs?

You can criticize particular decisions by the police, but that is besides the point.

Police did not make anyone behave violently, so stop deflecting the responsibility, it's not an excuse.

It is not beside the point whatsoever. Is the point of getting a permit to have law and order? If it's not the point, then why bother having permits at all? This is on the police who didn't follow the law and did not follow the order of their jobs to stop purveyors of lawlessness.

I don't give a shit about your permit grievances - IT DOES NOT JUSTIFY THIS VERY VIOLENT BEHAVIOR.

When this reject goes before the judge and jury, they will not give a shit either.

crooked hillary my white ass,,,,,,,,but your post I can agree with

yes, and I will keep calling you out for it. my OCD will beat out you being an asshole.

STOP DOING IT.

Except no one cares about it but you. Oh, wait... No, we found one...

What martybegan said. Not interested in having my shit put in among 8,000 quotes and having to sort it out. Didn't even read the shit this time, so that you'll learn I ain't down with that and that you're just wasting your time if you do it. I'm sure it was the normal ignorant, side-stepping fap, anyhow.

Dude, you work on the assumption that I actually want to have a conversation with you. I don't. I'm just mocking your racist stupidity.

crooked hillary my white ass,,,,,,,,but your post I can agree with
seeing folks carrying weapons shields etc etc cops could have stopped this bs in it's infancy On another note folks coming in to instigate trouble from other towns or states should have been sent back to where they came from

This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

So, which side of the fence are you on?
Reading this thread burned some of my brain cells but brought to mind a quote fro The Odyssey.

"lo you now, how vainly mortal men do blame the gods! For of us they say comes evil, whereas they even of themselves, through the blindness of their own hearts, have sorrows beyond that which is ordained."

STOP DOING IT.

Except no one cares about it but you. Oh, wait... No, we found one...

Dude, you work on the assumption that I actually want to have a conversation with you. I don't. I'm just mocking your racist stupidity.

You are a terrible human being. Die, please.

This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

So, which side of the fence are you on?

The side of the fence where we all get together and hold hands while singing Kum-Ba-Ya is what we on the right have been trying to do for decades. The left uses that desire for cooperation and togetherness to gain more power and strength. They never hold to their side of the bargain. That strategy doesn't work.

It's time for a new strategy.

never a success if you force someone,,,,,meanwhile I'm waiting for trump to be more explicit than implicit about those Nazis yesterday
this is stupid.

he condemned people leading off with hate. ALL FREAKING PEOPLE.

yet the left only sees that he didn't tell the white assholes they are in fact, assholes.

is the hate from the anti-fa any better? is KILL PIGS NOW ok?

it's just that no matter what trump says or does the left ensure there is an issue with it. period.

and that is bullshit for him as it would be for obama, hillary or any one of us.

Forum List

Back