Which "side" of the "fence" are you on?

Why weren't statues of confederates offensive during the civil rights movement?

Hey Moron...that's your name, right? A lot of them went UP during the civil rights movement.

A timeline of the genesis of the Confederate sites shows two notable spikes. One comes around the turn of the 20th century, just after Plessy v. Ferguson, and just as many Southern states were establishing repressive race laws. The second runs from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s—the peak of the civil-rights movement. In other words, the erection of Confederate monuments has been a way to perform cultural resistance to black equality.

Why Are There Still So Many Confederate Monuments?

whoseheritage-timeline150_years_of_iconography.jpg

Hey Moron...that's your name, right? A lot of them went UP during the civil rights movement.

A timeline of the genesis of the Confederate sites shows two notable spikes. One comes around the turn of the 20th century, just after Plessy v. Ferguson, and just as many Southern states were establishing repressive race laws. The second runs from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s—the peak of the civil-rights movement. In other words, the erection of Confederate monuments has been a way to perform cultural resistance to black equality.

No answer to the question. That's what kunts do.

This is the only confederate worth a monument in my book...

I'm on the side that involves cracking open heads on both sides and putting all these perps away with substantial sentences.

All the talk of love and cooperation and "coming together as one" oozing out of our politicians is just shit. No one is listening.

Media are fueling this crap by the all-day constant attention paid to them.

Outlaw these people - all of them - and get them out of the way by whatever means are legally available. If none are available, make them so.

Or become Venezuela. It's your choice.
Obviously, you have no clue as to what are American values.

Perhaps if you'd explain that singularly nonsensical statement I might respond.

then you didn't listen to the news during that week. there were people on the left wishing Scalise would die and lamenting that the guy did not kill more republicans. But no condemnation of that rhetoric from the leaders of the "tolerant" left.
I can only speak for myself. I'm a liberal. And I condemned it.

good, but many liberals did not, what do you say to them?

Okay, Moron, here's your answer. They were concerned with getting a seat at the proverbial (and literal) table. Getting rid of reminders of the South's, racist, treasonous, seditious past was on the list, I guarantee you.

Okay, Moron, here's your answer. They were concerned with getting a seat at the proverbial (and literal) table. Getting rid of reminders of the South's, racist, treasonous, seditious past was on the list, I guarantee you.
^^^kunt still can't answer my question. That's OK...kunt's a retard and can't comprehend much of anything.

I'm on the side that involves cracking open heads on both sides and putting all these perps away with substantial sentences.

All the talk of love and cooperation and "coming together as one" oozing out of our politicians is just shit. No one is listening.

Media are fueling this crap by the all-day constant attention paid to them.

Outlaw these people - all of them - and get them out of the way by whatever means are legally available. If none are available, make them so.

Or become Venezuela. It's your choice.
What HE said!
I would just add that everyone knows that Obama, Hillary, and Soros are behind these "Protests/Riots". They deserve some old fashioned justice too.

Everyone who's retarded knows that.

Perhaps if you'd explain that singularly nonsensical statement I might respond.
You think the American way is all about busting heads and putting people in jail who disagree with you?

I think the American Way is all about busting heads and putting people in jail who, while ostensibly "exercising their Constitutional rights", instead riot, destroy, kill and otherwise interfere with the Constitutional rights of others.

I think the American Way is all about busting heads and putting people in jail who, while ostensibly "exercising their Constitutional rights", instead riot, destroy, kill and otherwise interfere with the Constitutional rights of others.
Exercising their Constitutional rights is only for white folk. When people of color do it, it's called rioting, destroying and killing.

Exercising their Constitutional rights is only for white folk. When people of color do it, it's called rioting, destroying and killing.

That's because just like the dumb-ass cracka protests, they often disintegrate into riot. Pushme-Pullyu.

I am so sick of this fucking race shit, to the point of highly recommending wood shampoos, curb sandwiches and significant jail time for all participants.

Frankly, we have important national matters to attend to. Wasting time on such crap is completely asinine.

then you didn't listen to the news during that week. there were people on the left wishing Scalise would die and lamenting that the guy did not kill more republicans. But no condemnation of that rhetoric from the leaders of the "tolerant" left.
I can only speak for myself. I'm a liberal. And I condemned it.

good, but many liberals did not, what do you say to them?

Name one who did not.

This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

So, which side of the fence are you on?

If I get 51% of what I want then I am happy and anymore mean the better it is.

Now if I do not hit that goal of 51% then I have to work on getting the officials I want elected to achieve that goal but do I scream and yell if I fail and kill others?

No, because in real life you win some and you lose some and you learn to work around the problems you face by working with others or just going around the system until you get the system changed ro benefit you...

That is what adults do!
Unfortunately, that "win some, lose some" thing is in pretty short supply right now.

If we don't get, or hear, or see what we want, we immediately go on the attack.

This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

So, which side of the fence are you on?
I've not seen any of the coverage of this story at all. Been busy all weekend but I suspect the two sides you described are innacurate descriptions at best.
As too the violent people? Fuck them. Arrest & charge them. A dirtbag is a dirtbag no matter affiliation

Forum List

Back