🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

When I was 16 I remember being very interested in politics and having in depth discussions about it.

We hold 16 year olds accountable as adults when they commit crimes, they should be allowed to vote.
Sorry, but 16-year-olds are children and do not have the life experience to appreciate the consequences of their vote. They are only a couple of years removed from middle school, where their vote for student body president was for the one who promised them free ice cream at lunch, or a policy to reduce homework requirements, etc., not realizing that just voting for what sounds good comes at a price.

IOW, these children are likely to vote for Democrats.

Sorry, but 16-year-olds are children and do not have the life experience to appreciate the consequences of their vote. They are only a couple of years removed from middle school, where their vote for student body president was for the one who promised them free ice cream at lunch, or a policy to reduce homework requirements, etc., not realizing that just voting for what sounds good comes at a price.

That is an easy one----------> The Biden Presidency as a whole. Biden COULD turn it around to get himself re-elected in 2024, doubtful but true. But it is inconceivable that he can stop the Democrats from getting blown out in 2022! This disaster is to fresh in the American thought process, and it was just reported today by the government, (yeah, the government run by Joe) that the price of gasoline by Memorial Day is expected on average, to be over 4 bucks a gallon, and that inflation will cool some, but still be high through 2022. That is the GOVERNMENT telling you that, not me! Look up the report yourself.

And so, if the election comes off as it should, it is not if the Democrats are going to lose, but how BIG they are going to lose.

Now, will the GOP do something stupid after being elected to help the Democrats in 2024? That is a question that has yet to be determined. The GOP has a propensity to screw themselves, so nothing is off the table; and in fact, I am sure that is what far Leftists are expecting, or hoping for!

I am not a preacher, but in this instance, I am going to preach a little, so bear with me. Most of you GOPers work, probably work hard, and many probably work long hours. But, the way you can make a difference is hard, very, very hard. You must join your town, city, or areas local GOP or conservative club, period. It sucks! But remember, those Leftists who work 9 to 5 or do not work at all, go and bitch to their people. And there you are, because you are running a business, or working long hours, or maybe because you are older, or maybe younger and afraid of the backlash, decide to come on here and do nothing else.

Politicians do not hear you, they only see people who show up at meetings, because they know they will VOTE! Someone(s) who publicly announce they will NOT vote for them if they give in, scares the hell out of politicians. People from opposite party's of the current office holder CAN control them by threat, real or imagined. CONSIDER--> How many points did the state Joe Manchin reside in vote for Trump? Do you actually believe that had zero determination on why he voted the way he did? Same with the governor of Maryland. He is a GOPer. Think he governs like a GOPer, or rather more leaning towards a Democrat, lol.

The more you are involved locally, the more pressure you bring to bear. If GOP attendance rises locally, what do you think local Democrats are going to think? If you were them, what would YOU think? Yeah, it is a pain, one you should not have to go through, but that is the reality of the situation. Always remember, there is safety in numbers, and those numbers project a much bigger stick!

In closing, let me say it is not all bad. You do make new friends, other people support your views so you don't feel isolated. The guy/woman down the block who is a loudmouth Leftist like all of them are, no longer seems any where near as imposing. Just like you, it becomes apparent that many other people in your community think he/she is as crazy as you do. Need a good job outside the government? Well guess what, your contacts there will get you one if you need it because the economy heads South, or you will be at the top of the list when it recovers slightly.

Finally, and this also sucks, if you do this, at least a few nights a month, you will sleep less. You will do it for your country, wife, and kids; and after all, isn't this why we do all this in the 1st place!

Get involved PLEASE! Remember the truthism that YOU ARE the people YOU have been waiting for. For if not YOU, then when, and whom!

Last edited:
That is an easy one----------> The Biden Presidency as a whole. Biden COULD turn it around to get himself re-elected in 2024, doubtful but true. But it is inconceivable that he can stop the Democrats from getting blown out in 2022! This disaster is to fresh in the American thought process, and it was just reported today by the government, (yeah, the government run by Joe) that the price of gasoline by Memorial Day is expected on average, to be over 4 bucks a gallon, and that inflation will cool some, but still be high through 2022. That is the GOVERNMENT telling you that, not me! Look up the report yourself.

And so, if the election comes off as it should, it is not if the Democrats are going to lose, but how BIG they are going to lose.

Now, will the GOP do something stupid after being elected to help the Democrats in 2024? That is a question that has yet to be determined. The GOP has a propensity to screw themselves, so nothing is off the table; and in fact, I am sure that is what far Leftists are expecting, or hoping for!

I am not a preacher, but in this instance, I am going to preach a little, so bear with me. Most of you GOPers work, probably work hard, and many probably work long hours. But, the way you can make a difference is hard, very, very hard. You must join your town, city, or areas local GOP or conservative club, period. It sucks! But remember, those Leftists who work 9 to 5 or do not work at all, go and bitch to their people. And there you are, because you are running a business, or working long hours, or maybe because you are older, or maybe younger and afraid of the backlash, decide to come on here and do nothing else.

Politicians do not hear you, they only see people who show up at meetings, because they know they will VOTE! Someone(s) who publicly announce they will NOT vote for them if they give in, scares the hell out of politicians. People from opposite party's of the current office holder CAN control them by threat, real or imagined. CONSIDER--> How many points did the state Joe Manchin reside in vote for Trump? Do you actually believe that had zero determination on why he voted the way he did? Same with the governor of Maryland. He is a GOPer. Think he governs like a GOPer, or rather more leaning towards a Democrat, lol.

The more you are involved locally, the more pressure you bring to bear. If GOP attendance rises locally, what do you think local Democrats are going to think? If you were them, what would YOU think? Yeah, it is a pain, one you should not have to go through, but that is the reality of the situation. Always remember, there is safety in numbers, and they project a big stick!

In closing, let me say it is not all bad. You do make new friends, other people support your views so you don't feel isolated. The guy/woman down the block who is a loudmouth Leftist like all of them are, no longer seems any where near as imposing. Just like you, it becomes apparent that many other people in your community think he/she is as crazy as you do. Need a good job outside the government? Well guess what, your contacts there will get you one if you need it because the economy heads South, or you will be at the top of the list when it recovers slightly.

Finally, and this also sucks, if you do this, at least a few nights a month, you will sleep less. You will do it for your country, wife, and kids; and after all, isn't this why we do all this in the 1st place!
Thanks; great post! And btw, Trump won WV by a large margin. If Manchin holds out any hope of keeping his seat, he will hold firm against the inflation-exacerbating massive spending bill!

Must be time then for all of the Red State governors to tell Biden he doesn't call the shots but THEY do and shut down the economy again like the Left did last year!
We didn’t have a vaccine then. This was also world wide.

I'm frankly not all that sure that 18-year-olds are mature enough to vote.

Hey, Ray. Thanks for your response.

I began writing my post listing items I think will most influence voters to vote GOP in both the Congressional and presidential races.

I got a bit carried away and listed some issues that piss me off the most: smash and grab, BLM assholes, etc.

Some are local issues, as you rightly pointed out. But I think a LOT of people are angry about these problems and I hope they push more people to vote for Republicans in '22 and '24.

Getting a GOP majority is fine and dandy. Except for the fact that the GOP rarely does anything except blame their failures on the democrats.
Oh sure, they do a few minor things, like allow the Keystone pipeline to go through. But for the past what, 4 GOP majorities, they've not touched the budget deficit. They've done nothing to reign in the fed. They've done nothing to balance the USD value.
I get why republicans want the GOP to be in the majority.
1. Because they're party loyalist.
2. The democrats suck also.

But replacing one party that sucks a lot, with a party that sucks just a little less, is a waste of friggin time.
Obviously, there's a ton of reasons to replace the democrats. I agree with almost everything on that long list. And could probably add a few.
But the last 4 Republican presidents sucked to high heaven. And when they had their GOP majorities, They didn't any important accomplished.

I get it though, there is no easy solution. The mountain of BS the R & D's have created would take a decade to wash off this country. Especially when it comes to the elections. The R's rig their primaries, the D's rig their primaries, so that the majority of people just settle with who ever the leadership of their party wants..

Honestly it's sickening to watch the GOP throw actual conservatives under the bus every 4 years. And the democrats throw people like Tulsi Gabbard under their bus.

Fact: Regardless of who a party loyalist supports during the primaries, he/she will still vote for their party's nominee. Even if they despise that nominee. That's just stupid.

I'm frankly not all that sure that 18-year-olds are mature enough to vote.
I agree with you, but the response would be that if you’re old enough to fight for your country, you’re old enough to vote. Still, kids that age - either their first job out of high school or in freshman year in college - just go along with what is popular.

The reason Democrats want the age lowered to 16 is because even in high school, the liberal indoctrination is strong, and most kids would submit to peer pressure to vote Left.

That is an easy one----------> The Biden Presidency as a whole. Biden COULD turn it around to get himself re-elected in 2024, doubtful but true.

He'd have to tell all those BLM sucking fools, the tranny's, the broke wokers and the cancel culture to STFU until after the election. But he's not going to do that. He don't have the balls to save his party from the meltdown that's going to happen in 2022.

Some are. Some ain't. Some are mature enough at 12.

But do we want kids deciding the fate of this country when usually there is so much at risk? As an adult politics has a much larger impact on your life than when you are a kid. It really barely or doesn't affect your life at all.

He'd have to tell all those BLM sucking fools, the tranny's, the broke wokers and the cancel culture to STFU until after the election. But he's not going to do that. He don't have the balls to save his party from the meltdown that's going to happen in 2022.
It’s not just that he doesn’t have the balls to tell all the leftist nuts and racists to STFU so he can win, he doesn’t even have the BRAINS to know that’s what’s needed.

No 12-year-old is mature enough to make a responsible and independent choice for president.

Lmao .. Yeah ok, if you say so. Over half the voting adults are party loyalist. Which is not only immature. But it's just plain stupid.
12yr olds haven't bought into the BS lies from the left or the right. Which is what they are, every dayum political speech is a fabricated pack of lies and sale pitches.

As adults, collectively, we suck at picking presidents and politicians. If our age had anything to do with it, we'd be smart enough to NOT be stuck in this stupid two party system for 170 years.
We wouldn't have a $30 trillion deficit. We wouldn't have so many jobs leaving the country. We wouldn't be stuck with fucktards like Biden and Trump.

Getting a GOP majority is fine and dandy. Except for the fact that the GOP rarely does anything except blame their failures on the democrats.
Oh sure, they do a few minor things, like allow the Keystone pipeline to go through. But for the past what, 4 GOP majorities, they've not touched the budget deficit. They've done nothing to reign in the fed. They've done nothing to balance the USD value.
I get why republicans want the GOP to be in the majority.
1. Because they're party loyalist.
2. The democrats suck also.

But replacing one party that sucks a lot, with a party that sucks just a little less, is a waste of friggin time.
Obviously, there's a ton of reasons to replace the democrats. I agree with almost everything on that long list. And could probably add a few.
But the last 4 Republican presidents sucked to high heaven. And when they had their GOP majorities, They didn't any important accomplished.

I get it though, there is no easy solution. The mountain of BS the R & D's have created would take a decade to wash off this country. Especially when it comes to the elections. The R's rig their primaries, the D's rig their primaries, so that the majority of people just settle with who ever the leadership of their party wants..

Honestly it's sickening to watch the GOP throw actual conservatives under the bus every 4 years. And the democrats throw people like Tulsi Gabbard under their bus.

Fact: Regardless of who a party loyalist supports during the primaries, he/she will still vote for their party's nominee. Even if they despise that nominee. That's just stupid.

You don't know what you're talking about. Do you really believe the GOP set the election for Trump to win? No possible way. Many in the Republican party didn't like Trump either. They would have sooner rigged the election for an establishment if they were going to rig it at all.

While the Republicans can't brag about their spending, they still needed Democrat support to get their bills through. That meant you couldn't write them off completely. You had to give them goodies they wanted as well. And who outside of President Trump attacked the border problem so aggressively? Who called out China and their unfair trade practices? Who lowered taxes for not only our businesses, but our citizens as well?

So yes, it does make a difference. Imagine if Trump were President this past year. We'd be living in an entirely different country right now.

Lmao .. Yeah ok, if you say so. Over half the voting adults are party loyalist. Which is not only immature. But it's just plain stupid.
12yr olds haven't bought into the BS lies from the left or the right. Which is what they are, every dayum political speech is a fabricated pack of lies and sale pitches.

As adults, collectively, we suck at picking presidents and politicians. If our age had anything to do with it, we'd be smart enough to NOT be stuck in this stupid two party system for 170 years.
We wouldn't have a $30 trillion deficit. We wouldn't have so many jobs leaving the country. We wouldn't be stuck with fucktards like Biden and Trump.
None of that means a kid can start voting the year after he gets out of elementary school!

But do we want kids deciding the fate of this country when usually there is so much at risk? As an adult politics has a much larger impact on your life than when you are a kid. It really barely or doesn't affect your life at all.

When adults get a decent track record of picking the right people to run the country, then we might be smart enough to decide on an age bracket that's mature enough.
Fact is, none of them sumbiches up there have a clue about running this country. Every god dayum law that's passed, goes through a committee, where the god dayum lobbyist decide whether to allow it or not.
Even that bitch Pelosi won't allow amendments to be introduced on the house floor without committee (lobbyist) approval first. Republican Ryan was the same way.

Trump was one of THE biggest liars I've ever seen, during the campaigns. Hillary was one of the cruelest people on the friggin planet. And they were our nominees? Biden talked about kids rubbing his leg hairs, and he became the president. WTF is wrong with the voters in this country?

Stop voting for the same damn people that's been destroying this country for 170 friggin years.
We suck as bad at voting as any 12 yr old would.

It’s not COVID - the issue the Dems used to win last time.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Everyone agree with me that the issue is inflation?

• Mandates
  • Afghanistan withdrawal
  • Fauci
  • The border
  • Men playing on girl's teams
  • Inflation, price of gas
  • The supply crisis
  • The employment crisis
  • Biden's mental state
  • Kamala
  • Hunter Biden
  • Democrats in general
  • Everything is racist and we have a black VP and a black GOP vice governor in VA
  • Kid's wearing masks and remote "learning"
  • Mandates which don't work. Lockdowns which don't work. Masks which don't work. Vaccines which no longer work. Americans who are no longer allowed to work.
  • Vaccine passports
  • Biden's overall handling of the plandemic, which was his main campaign premise, plus, everything else failed too
  • Stuff like that.

The single issue is... the future of America.

Forum List

Back