White Cincinnati cop guns down black motorist

I'm not so sure. "Real" Police Officers undergo constant training and adhere to dozens of weekly updated rules and regulations. I'm not taking away from Campus Cops who have their own agenda but street and County Cops have a different mission and different supervision. I would assume that the jurisdictional authority of campus Cops is restricted to the campus.
Part of what campus cops do is traffic stops, as this was.

The cop killed the guy unnecessarily. Was the guy a scumbag and parasite? sure, but he didn't deserve to die for that. The cop is being charged as he should be. The problem is the idiot prosecutor. First, this moron says that the stop was wrong, and he's an idiot because it's illegal in Ohio not to have a front license plate, then the idiot prosecutor charges him with 1st Degree Murder. First degree murder requires proof of pre-meditation. They will have a VERY difficult time proving that. 2nd Degree murder, manslaughter sure, but 1st degree? The guy is an idiot and may just fuck up the trial.
Sounds like you are almost as much a idiot as the prosecutor.Voluntary Manslaughter in Ohio requires that the shooter "knowingly cause the death". If Tensing gun went off accidently, while there was a struggle, I don't think that would qualify as "knowingly" (which I think they mean intentionally) So what proof is there that the gun didn't discharge accidently (beyond a reasonable doubt) ? For a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter, the shooer would have to be committing a felony or misdemeanor at the time the gun fired. this also was not the case.

And how does a 25 yr old cop knowingly shoot somebody in the head, knowing that would put him in prison for life ? (a very long time in his case) Not likely. The whole charg eis stupid and probably is more about keeping a lid on the whole thing, where Tensing is being thrown under the bus to prevent rioting.

Wow! you put words in my mouth and then call me an idiot because of it? You and I often agree on things so I'll not return the insult.

First how can I be as much an idiot as the prosecutor if I disagree with him?

When did I mention Voluntary Manslaughter?

When did I claim the gun didn't accidentally go off? I don't believe it did, and there didn't seem to be a reason for him to draw his weapon but that is for the courts to decide. When did I state that the trial is over? I just complained about the idiot prosecutor's charge of 1st Degree Murder.

Do you think that 1st Degree Murder is the appropriate charge? If not then you actually agree with me and your assault on my post is misguided.

I'm not so sure. "Real" Police Officers undergo constant training and adhere to dozens of weekly updated rules and regulations. I'm not taking away from Campus Cops who have their own agenda but street and County Cops have a different mission and different supervision. I would assume that the jurisdictional authority of campus Cops is restricted to the campus.
This was off campus, he had no business being in the real world, he should of just been dealing with college kids.

This was off campus, he had no business being in the real world, he should of just been dealing with college kids.

But does not make him wrong.

But does not make him wrong.
That ranger rick kid cop was definitely out of his league.

The reason why I say that Clemson University is only half mile away from my house by boat.

The University police have jurisdiction outside campus, but they never mess with locals only deal with off campus sorority and frat houses and other off campus student housing.

The cop killed the guy unnecessarily. Was the guy a scumbag and parasite? sure, but he didn't deserve to die for that. The cop is being charged as he should be. The problem is the idiot prosecutor. First, this moron says that the stop was wrong, and he's an idiot because it's illegal in Ohio not to have a front license plate, then the idiot prosecutor charges him with 1st Degree Murder. First degree murder requires proof of pre-meditation. They will have a VERY difficult time proving that. 2nd Degree murder, manslaughter sure, but 1st degree? The guy is an idiot and may just fuck up the trial.
Sounds like you are almost as much a idiot as the prosecutor.Voluntary Manslaughter in Ohio requires that the shooter "knowingly cause the death". If Tensing gun went off accidently, while there was a struggle, I don't think that would qualify as "knowingly" (which I think they mean intentionally) So what proof is there that the gun didn't discharge accidently (beyond a reasonable doubt) ? For a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter, the shooer would have to be committing a felony or misdemeanor at the time the gun fired. this also was not the case.

And how does a 25 yr old cop knowingly shoot somebody in the head, knowing that would put him in prison for life ? (a very long time in his case) Not likely. The whole charg eis stupid and probably is more about keeping a lid on the whole thing, where Tensing is being thrown under the bus to prevent rioting.

I cannot understand how anyone could think the officer's gun went off accidentally. The officer repeatedly admitted he shot the suspect intentionally. He attempted to justify the shooting by claiming he thought the suspect was trying to run him over. Accidental discharge? Really?

I believe the officer shot the victim to keep him from escaping. This he had no right to do. Deadly force can only be used to prevent the escape of a dangerous felon, which is defined as someone who has caused, or threatened to cause, serious bodily injury or death. The victim was not a dangerous felon in any sense of the word and there was no cause to shot him.

The only question for the jury is whether the officer reasonably believed thevictim was attempting to run him over. He would have to convince the jury that a “reasonable prudent man" would have used deadly force in the same situation. In my opinion, the video does not seem to support the officer's claim of self-defense.

I cannot understand how anyone could think the officer's gun went off accidentally. The officer repeatedly admitted he shot the suspect intentionally. He attempted to justify the shooting by claiming he thought the suspect was trying to run him over. Accidental discharge? Really?

I believe the officer shot the victim to keep him from escaping. This he had no right to do. Deadly force can only be used to prevent the escape of a dangerous felon, which is defined as someone who has caused, or threatened to cause, serious bodily injury or death. The victim was not a dangerous felon in any sense of the word and there was no cause to shot him.

The only question for the jury is whether the officer reasonably believed thevictim was attempting to run him over. He would have to convince the jury that a “reasonable prudent man" would have used deadly force in the same situation. In my opinion, the video does not seem to support the officer's claim of self-defense.

Do you believe that the charge should be 1st Degree Murder?

By the way, this upstanding citizen had 13 kids and over 60 arrests. The taxpayers will continue to pay for this guys legacy for many years.

Police officer shoots man to death in Cincinnati traffic stop

CNN)Cincinnati police are investigating the fatal shooting of an apparently unarmed black man by a University of Cincinnati police officer after a confrontation during a traffic stop Sunday.

The dead man, who was shot in the head, was Samuel Dubose, a 43-year-old father of 13 children, according to CNN affiliate WKRC-TV. A CNN records search showed that Dubose had more than 60 arrests.

Authorities identified the officer as Ray Tensing, who has five years' experience in law enforcement and who has worked for the University of Cincinnati Police Department for more than a year. He is white.

Samuel Dubose was killed after being initially stopped for driving without a front license plate.

According to the Cincinnati Police Department, which is handling the investigation, Tensing saw Dubose driving without a front license plate around 6:30 Sunday evening and tried to pull him over. Police said Dubose continued for about a mile before stopping the car.

A struggle ensued

Tensing asked several times to see Dubose's driver's license, Cincinnati police said. Instead, police said, Dubose handed the officer a bottle of alcohol.

According to police, Tensing asked Dubose to step out of the car, at which point a struggle ensued.

"There was a struggle at the door with Mr. Dubose in the vehicle and the officer outside the vehicle, and the vehicle sped away," Cincinnati police Lt. Col. James Whalen told reporters.

Tensing fired a single shot, hitting the driver in the head. Tensing fell to the ground as he fired the shot, bruising his legs and tearing his uniform, Cincinnati police said.

It appeared that Dubose did not have a weapon, according to police.

Dubose's mother, Audrey, said her son was "full of love," CNN affiliate WLWT-TV reported.

"Know that my son was not a violent person," she said. "My son ... he got stopped a lot but he never tried to fight."

Samuel Dubose's 9-year-old son, also named Samuel, told WKRC, "He was coming home that night and we had a projector so we were going to watch a movie on it but we didn't get to do that ... because he died."

The officer has been placed on administrative leave with pay. He has not yet been interviewed, nor have two other officers who arrived on the scene, as they are allowed 24 to 48 hours to work with their attorneys first.

Tensing was wearing a body camera, police said. They also said they have received surveillance video from nearby buildings but have yet to view it. No dashboard camera video is available, police said.

Video of the incident will not be released until the investigation is over, according to Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black.

Jason Goodrich, public safety director and police chief at the University of Cincinnati, said a mutual aid agreement allows university officers to function as officers outside campus grounds.

Police officer shoots man to death in Cincinnati - CNN.com
He's not even a real cop.

By the way, this upstanding citizen had 13 kids and over 60 arrests. The taxpayers will continue to pay for this guys legacy for many years.

CNN)Cincinnati police are investigating the fatal shooting of an apparently unarmed black man by a University of Cincinnati police officer after a confrontation during a traffic stop Sunday.

The dead man, who was shot in the head, was Samuel Dubose, a 43-year-old father of 13 children, according to CNN affiliate WKRC-TV. A CNN records search showed that Dubose had more than 60 arrests.

Authorities identified the officer as Ray Tensing, who has five years' experience in law enforcement and who has worked for the University of Cincinnati Police Department for more than a year. He is white.

Samuel Dubose was killed after being initially stopped for driving without a front license plate.

According to the Cincinnati Police Department, which is handling the investigation, Tensing saw Dubose driving without a front license plate around 6:30 Sunday evening and tried to pull him over. Police said Dubose continued for about a mile before stopping the car.

A struggle ensued

Tensing asked several times to see Dubose's driver's license, Cincinnati police said. Instead, police said, Dubose handed the officer a bottle of alcohol.

According to police, Tensing asked Dubose to step out of the car, at which point a struggle ensued.

"There was a struggle at the door with Mr. Dubose in the vehicle and the officer outside the vehicle, and the vehicle sped away," Cincinnati police Lt. Col. James Whalen told reporters.

Tensing fired a single shot, hitting the driver in the head. Tensing fell to the ground as he fired the shot, bruising his legs and tearing his uniform, Cincinnati police said.

Dubose's mother, Audrey, said her son was "full of love," CNN affiliate WLWT-TV reported.

"Know that my son was not a violent person," she said. "My son ... he got stopped a lot but he never tried to fight."

Samuel Dubose's 9-year-old son, also named Samuel, told WKRC, "He was coming home that night and we had a projector so we were going to watch a movie on it but we didn't get to do that ... because he died."

The officer has been placed on administrative leave with pay. He has not yet been interviewed, nor have two other officers who arrived on the scene, as they are allowed 24 to 48 hours to work with their attorneys first.

Tensing was wearing a body camera, police said. They also said they have received surveillance video from nearby buildings but have yet to view it. No dashboard camera video is available, police said.

Video of the incident will not be released until the investigation is over, according to Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black.

Jason Goodrich, public safety director and police chief at the University of Cincinnati, said a mutual aid agreement allows university officers to function as officers outside campus grounds.

He was a thug with a badge, his body camera clearly shows it.

A struggle ensued

The video showed that the cop was courteous entirely up until the perp tried to run. There was no thuggish behavior from either person until then. That said, he killed the perp.

May the cold, callous, right wing faux Christians enjoy they final stay in the Lake of Fire, dear Lord. AMEN

Please accept a one-word answer: No.

A struggle ensued

The video showed that the cop was courteous entirely up until the perp tried to run. There was no thuggish behavior from either person until then. That said, he killed the perp.
What point did you miss? His first instinct was grab for his gun on a defenseless person who didn't even gun his motor.

It was point blank range.

If it was you or me (just a assumption) we would of thrown are hands back and think what the hell dude?

Not reach for the gun.

Please accept a one-word answer: No.

Short, to the point, and correct. Why wouldn't I accept it.

Last edited:

A struggle ensued

What point did you miss? His first instinct was grab for his gun on a defense person who didn't even gun his motor.

It was point blank range.

If it was you are me (just a assumption) we would of thrown are hands back and think what the hell?

Not reach for the gun.

Doesn't make him a thug. It makes him an inept cop.

If he would of pushed the medal down to the floor board, yea then I would have thought about it.

But he was doing like 2 mph...

I think a bigger question is why are all of these blacks disrespecting cops???

congress_handsupdontshoot.jpg
23A4CF0600000578-2857549-image-9_1417533932600.jpg
congressional-walkout-brown-killing.si.jpg_1718483346.jpg

A struggle ensued

You're right of course. He deserved to die.

Forum List

Back