White man shoots innocent black teen....

Im more than a little taken back by the assumption Zimmerman "murdered" the teen.

the cops were clear that there was a fight.

Zimmerman was bleeding from his nose and had grass stains on the back of his shirt.

Seems to me he shot the teen in self defense.

sucks

raise your kids better
don't let them run around at night alone
teach them to show respect to other adults

Jeezus, are you for real?

Has anyone paid attention to this story lately?

The family of a Florida teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer last month is speaking out, saying that the shooting was unprovoked —and racially motivated.

Stories from

Josh Lucas Marries
Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein Want to Adopt a Child with Special Needs
Jessica Simpson Expresses Thanks for 'Dream' Baby Shower
Jersey Shore Will Return for Season 6
Hugh Grant Likes Daughter Tabitha 'Very Much'
Trayvon Martin, 17, was killed by George Zimmerman in a Sanford, Fla., gated community on the evening of Feb. 26 as he returned from a trip to a local 7-Eleven. Martin and his father were visiting family friends there. Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin in self defense, and has not been charged with a crime.
Video: Mom: Teen targeted due to of ‘color of his skin’ (on this page)
But Martin's family is pointing to 911 calls released by police on Friday that they say depict a terrified teenager who was being chased by Zimmerman. Martin was found face down, unarmed, with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea.

“(Zimmerman) was reacting to the color of his skin,’’ Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, told Matt Lauer on Monday. “He committed no crime. My son wasn’t doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, and I just don’t understand why this situation got out of control.’’

Mom: Trayvon Martin was killed because of 'the color of his skin' - TODAY People - TODAY.com

According to the person who shot the teen, he'd seen him walking through the neighborhood and thought he was acting "suspiciously". He then calls 911 to report the teen and the police asked him if he was following the kid. He replied "yes" and the police then told him to quit.

A bit later, another 911 call is made and the caller tells police that she hears someone yelling for help (the teen), and it's shortly after that when a gunshot is heard.

The teen was found face down, dead, with an ice tea and a bag of Skittles in his hand.

To date? The person who shot the teen, a man named Zimmerman is STILL walking free, and no charges have been filed.

Do you think that if a black adult had shot a white teen, that the result would have been the same?

Zimmerman is a psycho, I don't know if he'd have been different with someone of another race. I cry for the poor kid who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They will go after Zimmerman for hate crime and I only hope no other innocent person will ever have the misfortune to face him again.

wtf?

any proof, any at all that he's crazy or murdered the kid?

all this assumption cuz the media told you what to think.

WHITE GUN toting MAN, KILLS poor innocent minority black teen who was just walking around minding his own business.

never mind the fact that the GUN TOTING WHITE MAN, was bleeding from his nose and had grass stains on his back b/c he's a GUN TOTING WHITE MAN

and is therefore guilty b/c we the media, says so.

SO There!!

Im more than a little taken back by the assumption Zimmerman "murdered" the teen.

Zimmerman was bleeding from his nose and had grass stains on the back of his shirt.

sucks

raise your kids better

yes sweetheart.

I actually read up on the facts, you didn't.

I know what I'm talking about.
You're full of shit.

sucks

raise your kids better

Zimmerman was so afraid of the teenager he left his car & followed him; ODD self defense. Why wasn't Zimmerman picked up for questioning?

Mom: Trayvon Martin was killed because of 'the color of his skin' - TODAY People - TODAY.com

According to the person who shot the teen, he'd seen him walking through the neighborhood and thought he was acting "suspiciously". He then calls 911 to report the teen and the police asked him if he was following the kid. He replied "yes" and the police then told him to quit.

A bit later, another 911 call is made and the caller tells police that she hears someone yelling for help (the teen), and it's shortly after that when a gunshot is heard.

The teen was found face down, dead, with an ice tea and a bag of Skittles in his hand.

To date? The person who shot the teen, a man named Zimmerman is STILL walking free, and no charges have been filed.

Do you think that if a black adult had shot a white teen, that the result would have been the same?

Zimmerman is a psycho, I don't know if he'd have been different with someone of another race. I cry for the poor kid who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They will go after Zimmerman for hate crime and I only hope no other innocent person will ever have the misfortune to face him again.

wtf?

any proof, any at all that he's crazy or murdered the kid?

all this assumption cuz the media told you what to think.

WHITE GUN toting MAN, KILLS poor innocent minority black teen who was just walking around minding his own business.

never mind the fact that the GUN TOTING WHITE MAN, was bleeding from his nose and had grass stains on his back b/c he's a GUN TOTING WHITE MAN

and is therefore guilty b/c we the media, says so.

SO There!!

The audio is available. He did shoot a kid who had skittles and an ice tea in his hands. He was also told by the police NOT to follow and approach the kid. He belongs in an asylum.

sucks

raise your kids better

yes sweetheart.

You're full of shit.

No you didn't. You are talking out of your ample butt once again.

sucks

raise your kids better

Zimmerman was so afraid of the teenager he left his car & followed him; ODD self defense. Why wasn't Zimmerman picked up for questioning?

Ask the professionals that were at the scene.

you know, the cops?

they have training to pick out a liar.
They have seen people after they have gotten beaten up.
and they know how to question people.

But, I still believe this guy deserves a fair trial.
Assuming there’s evidence he allegedly committed a crime to begin with.

What was Zimmerman’s motive to kill this particular person? Did Zimmerman simply go out and kill the first black person he came across?

If one is going to remove Zimmerman from the context of the Castle Doctrine statute, there needs to be evidence that there was intent on Zimmerman’s part to commit a crime.

Well, if there is no evidence that he committed a crime then he will have ben exonerated even before the trial and no such trial will have been necessary. Although, I suspect he will be better off if he quickly relocates to a new state. While he lives where he does now, he will be constantly looking over his shoulder.

Immie

Ironic, huh?

Possibly. What the Kids Family really needs is a Witness. That said, I think the Shooting was unprovoked and the Kid was Murdered.

You know? You're right........the family DOES need a witness.

Wanna know where they can probably get one? The place was a gated community (meaning very rich) which means they probably also have video cameras all over the place.

Hopefully, if they check the security tapes, they'll be able to find some that showed what actually happened.

And, like I've said before, this Zimmerman dude is someone who wanted to be on the police force but was rejected, which is why he decided to self appoint himself as part of the neighborhood watch.

However..............when the police told him (on his OWN 911 call) to stop following him, and he continued? That doesn't really pass the smell test for him being "threatened", because as another poster brought up, he should have kept his ass in his car and NOT FOLLOWED THE TEEN.

Then...................there's also the record of bogus 911 calls that Zimmerman made which didn't go anywhere, and he made them at the rate of 1 every 3 days for SIX FUCKING MONTHS.

This dude needs to be locked up pending investigation.

Gated communities in Florida run the gamut from gated trailer parks to gated mansions. Don't assume this is a rich place.

this is interesting:

Trayvon Martin Killing: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recounts Events - ABC News

you know, the cops?

Zimmerman wasn't even questioned at the police station from what I have read; that IS unusual after a shooting death.

yes sweetheart.

You're full of shit.

George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

"He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever ...," the letter says. "The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

Before an officer arrived, Trayvon and Zimmerman got into a fight, according to police, and witnesses heard one or both calling for help, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon once with a 9 mm handgun.

Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night. Thirteen-year-old Austin stepped out his front door and heard people fighting, he told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

"I heard screaming and crying for help," he said. "I heard, 'Help me.' "

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground.

you stand corrected.

Would you like to learn more?

you know, the cops?

Zimmerman wasn't even questioned at the police station from what I have read; that IS unusual after a shooting death.

George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

the link has lots of facts in it.

Even tells what a 3rd witness saw.

which helps confirm what Zimmerman told the cops and what they found.

yes sweetheart.

You're full of shit.

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

"He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever ...," the letter says. "The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

Before an officer arrived, Trayvon and Zimmerman got into a fight, according to police, and witnesses heard one or both calling for help, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon once with a 9 mm handgun.

Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night. Thirteen-year-old Austin stepped out his front door and heard people fighting, he told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground.

you stand corrected.

Zimmerman was in his vehicle, got out to follow the teenager, Martin. WHY wasn't Zimmerman taken in for questioning? WAS HE? I am reading his current whereabouts are UNKOWN.

yes sweetheart.

You're full of shit.

you stand corrected.

Nearly half a million people have signed an online petition on change.org urging law enforcement officials to step in and arrest Zimmerman. Protest have played out in the Florida town all week with a large gathering expected Thursday.

Zimmerman blatantly violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, ABC News has learned. The manual from the Neighborhood Watch program states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers. And they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles."

According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group, another fact the police were not aware of at the time of the incident.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-death-friend-phone-teen-death-recounts/story?id=15959017

You're making a fool of yourself, thumbs..

you stand corrected.

Zimmerman was in his vehicle, got out to follow the teenager, Martin. WHY wasn't Zimmerman taken in for questioning? WAS HE? I am reading his current whereabouts are UNKOWN.

I hate repeating myself, especially to the same person.

ASK THE FUCKING COPS

he can't be found by you and me b/c of DEATH THREATS.

I do hope that sunk in.

you stand corrected.

Nearly half a million people have signed an online petition on change.org urging law enforcement officials to step in and arrest Zimmerman. Protest have played out in the Florida town all week with a large gathering expected Thursday.

Zimmerman blatantly violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, ABC News has learned. The manual from the Neighborhood Watch program states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers. And they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles."

According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group, another fact the police were not aware of at the time of the incident.

Trayvon Martin Exclusive: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recalls Final Moments - ABC News

I've read now the killer was taken into custody, briefly, then released. Whereabouts unknown.

you stand corrected.

Trayvon Martin Exclusive: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recalls Final Moments - ABC News

I've read now the killer was taken into custody, briefly, then released. Whereabouts unknown.

He can still legally carry a gun too.

you stand corrected.

I hate repeating myself, especially to the same person.

ASK THE FUCKING COPS

he can't be found by you and me b/c of DEATH THREATS.

I do hope that sunk in.

FDLE will be asking the "cops", thank God.

Forum List

Back