Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Pallywood Productions Studios Propaganda stunt?

The last one was a flaming disaster for the flotilla'ists.

The islamic terrorist hugger just aches for dead civilians to placate his passion for Jew hating.

The symbol of Arab-Moslem incompetence and child exploitation.

I bring you, Shirley Temper

Gaza graduate rebuilds lost libraries – one book at a time

bookshop-1024x683.jpg

Abu Toha, an English literature graduate from Gaza, has launched a campaign to bring libraries back to Gaza after over half were destroyed or closed during the 2014 war.

“Freedom is a state of mind… with books, you’re liberating yourself by living in an imaginary world where there are no boundaries ... If I choose to be free, I can be free through my writing, through speaking," Toha told Journalists.

A 2016 study undertaken by the Palestinian Museum discovered that of the 41 libraries previously in Gaza, 21 have closed and seven were completely leveled in the 2014 Israeli offensive.

Gaza graduate rebuilds lost libraries - one book at a time

Gaza graduate rebuilds lost libraries – one book at a time

bookshop-1024x683.jpg

Abu Toha, an English literature graduate from Gaza, has launched a campaign to bring libraries back to Gaza after over half were destroyed or closed during the 2014 war.

“Freedom is a state of mind… with books, you’re liberating yourself by living in an imaginary world where there are no boundaries ... If I choose to be free, I can be free through my writing, through speaking," Toha told Journalists.

A 2016 study undertaken by the Palestinian Museum discovered that of the 41 libraries previously in Gaza, 21 have closed and seven were completely leveled in the 2014 Israeli offensive.

Gaza graduate rebuilds lost libraries - one book at a time

There is something fishy about this article. I can find no consensus about the actual number of libraries in Gaza. Nor anything about this mysterious survey by the Palestinian Museum. And nearly every search I conduct leads me back to a single source article. All evidence that something is not right here and this is yet another attempt to blame Israel for something. If someone can find me some links, that'd be great.

Interestingly, I did find this article which claims on five children a week visit the public library in Gaza during the school year due to the heavy requirements of schoolwork and exams. It claims that children are discouraged from reading for pleasure. It points out a fundamental cause of the failure of libraries in Gaza is the general reluctance to read.

It is also worth noting that the Ministry of Culture apparently tracks all library books to ensure they contain nothing which is morally or religiously offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back