Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaked Hamas charter illustrates movement’s maturation as a political actor

Most commentary will likely focus on this article (19) which is less interesting to other aspects of the document, as it merely puts in writing what has been said by Hamas leaders for many years in one form or another, while getting rid of the anti-Jewish and freemasonry references that were in its 1988 charter, when the movement first launched, and which its critics loved to attack it for.

More interesting in my reading is how the document appears very conscious of regional and international trends (of sectarianism and “war on terror”/ islamophobia) and repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship (Articles 8 and 9). It extrapolates further on this in articles 15 and 16 to make a clear distinction between Zionism and Judaism, emphasizing: the non-essentialist religious basis of its struggle (i.e. it opposes “Zionists” and “the Zionist project” and “all who attempt to aggress the Palestinian people, defile its rights, and occupy its lands irrespective of religion, nationality or identity”–not “Jews qua Jews”) (15); the European basis of anti-semitism (16); and Hamas’ rejection of any oppression based on national, religious or sectarian lines (16).

- See more at: Leaked Hamas charter illustrates movement’s maturation as a political actor

Most commentary will likely focus on this article (19) which is less interesting to other aspects of the document, as it merely puts in writing what has been said by Hamas leaders for many years in one form or another, while getting rid of the anti-Jewish and freemasonry references that were in its 1988 charter, when the movement first launched, and which its critics loved to attack it for.

More interesting in my reading is how the document appears very conscious of regional and international trends (of sectarianism and “war on terror”/ islamophobia) and repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship (Articles 8 and 9). It extrapolates further on this in articles 15 and 16 to make a clear distinction between Zionism and Judaism, emphasizing: the non-essentialist religious basis of its struggle (i.e. it opposes “Zionists” and “the Zionist project” and “all who attempt to aggress the Palestinian people, defile its rights, and occupy its lands irrespective of religion, nationality or identity”–not “Jews qua Jews”) (15); the European basis of anti-semitism (16); and Hamas’ rejection of any oppression based on national, religious or sectarian lines (16).

- See more at: Leaked Hamas charter illustrates movement’s maturation as a political actor

Such nonsense. They changed nothing in their Death Cult Charter.

Yeah, you gotta love the Islamic terrorists in the Islamic terrorist enclave of Gaza'istan with their silly pronouncements. But hey, they're just keepin' it medieval for Muhammud (swish), and they're droppin' the pimp talk straight up bad.

Yeah, you gotta love the Islamic terrorists in the Islamic terrorist enclave of Gaza'istan with their silly pronouncements. But hey, they're just keepin' it medieval for Muhammud (swish), and they're droppin' the pimp talk straight up bad.
They took out the antisemitic stuff that Israel's proponents always bitched about. So what is your bitch now?

I'm curious as to how you see this as progress. It seems to be only the re-wording of existing belief -- that is: the Jewish people should be permitted to practice their religious faith and not be persecuted for it, as long as the Jewish people have no rights to the totality and fullness of human rights including the rights to self-identity and national self-expression. In fact, it cements the idea that the fullness of human rights must denied to the Jewish people.

They took out the antisemitic stuff that Israel's proponents always bitched about. So what is your bitch now?

No, they didn't. They just put a pretty "zionist" dress on it. Its like saying it is illegal to rape women, but its permissible to rape wives and daughters.

Oh, I don't know, maybe that the Death Cultists haven't changed a single element that defines them as hyper-religious / Jew hating misfits.

I'm curious as to how you see this as progress. It seems to be only the re-wording of existing belief -- that is: the Jewish people should be permitted to practice their religious faith and not be persecuted for it, as long as the Jewish people have no rights to the totality and fullness of human rights including the rights to self-identity and national self-expression. In fact, it cements the idea that the fullness of human rights must denied to the Jewish people.
Where did you get all that?

From the article you posted. If you have evidence that Hamas embraces the idea of Jewish rights to a national self-expression on ancestral territory -- please bring it.

From the article you posted. If you have evidence that Hamas embraces the idea of Jewish rights to a national self-expression on ancestral territory -- please bring it.
Where do they say that they deny anyone their rights.

I did get a chuckle from the nonsense that was a part of the Death Cult's charter.

"...repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship (Articles 8 and 9)"

I'm guessing that people like you simply choose to ignore the intolerance, immoderation, and imposition of oppression based upon religion that defines the Islamist world.

Can you truly read the putrid bile of the Hamas charter and so sweepingly ignore the reality of Islamic fascism?

Where do they say they grant Jewish rights to national self-expression? Bring it if it exists.

I did get a chuckle from the nonsense that was a part of the Death Cult's charter.

"...repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship (Articles 8 and 9)"

I'm guessing that people like you simply choose to ignore the intolerance, immoderation, and imposition of oppression based upon religion that defines the Islamist world.

Can you truly read the putrid bile of the Hamas charter and so sweepingly ignore the reality of Islamic fascism?
I don't understand your rant. Where do you get that stuff?

Where do they say they grant Jewish rights to national self-expression? Bring it if it exists.
They protect the Palestinian's rights. Nobody has the right to violate the rights of others. So I don't get your point.

Female students from Gaza develop super strong cement

Four female students from the Islamic University of Gaza have succeeded in creating a brand new type of cement made from discarded materials like broken glass.

“The final product is an environmentally friendly cement which is more than twice as strong as normal cement,” said one of the students.

Cementw1.jpg

Female students from Gaza develop super strong cement

How does anyone or any nation even begin to negotiate peace with a people who prefer death over life?

Well, it seems that Zionists threaten with the death of our entire planet, if their regime is in danger:

Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's The Gun and the Olive Branch(2003) as saying:

We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan:

'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.'

I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third.

We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.[30]

Samson Option - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How can you negotiate with people who have chosen to behave like "mad dogs"?
How can you negotiate with people who threaten to destroy the entire planet?
spam bot.

ignore list.

They protect the Palestinian's rights. Nobody has the right to violate the rights of others. So I don't get your point.

Where are they also recognizing (and protecting) Jewish rights?
and repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship

Where are they also recognizing (and protecting) Jewish rights?
and repeatedly emphasizes Islam and Hamas’ tolerance, moderation and opposition to all forms of oppression, including that based on religion, ethnicity, gender or citizenship

There is a difference between "I will tolerate you and won't actively oppress you" and "I recognize the fullness of your rights as equal to mine".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back