Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, that must be your invented "country of Pally'land". The country that exists only in your imagination.

How interesting. Yassir Arafat invented the "Pal'istanians" in the late 1960's.
You need to get off of that Israeli bullshit.
--------------
The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

Yes, yes. That is same sentence you cut and paste in the hope to represent that your invented "country of Pally'land" was something more than it was.

You are a hoot.
You really need to get off of that Israeli bullshit.

Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter,

Recalling its relevant resolutions which affirm the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination,

1. Reaffirms the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in Palestine, including:

(a) The right to self-determination without external interference;

(b) The right to national independence and sovereignty;

2. Reaffirms also the inalienable right of the Palestinians to return to their homes and property from which they have been displaced and uprooted, and calls for their return;

UN General Assembly Resolution 3236 and UN General Assembly Resolution 3237

Notice that it says Palestinian people in Palestine, not government or state.

Your usual tactic of spamming threads with cutting and pasting to promote your invented "country of Pally'land" are best dumped here:

The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
It seems that it went over your head before.

I post actual documents and you keep coming back with the same old Israeli bullshit. Why do you always do that?

It seems you're just cutting and pasting the same debunked snippets of articles you scour from the web.

Odd, don't you think, but your fantasies notwithstanding, the invented Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land exists only in your imagination.

You need some magic slippers.

You need to get off of that Israeli bullshit.
--------------
The automatic, ipso facto, change from Ottoman to Palestinian nationality was dealt with in Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Citizenship Order, which declared:

“Turkish subjects habitually resident in the territory of Palestine upon the 1st day of August, 1925, shall become Palestinian citizens.”​

Yes, yes. That is same sentence you cut and paste in the hope to represent that your invented "country of Pally'land" was something more than it was.

You are a hoot.

Recalling its relevant resolutions which affirm the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination,

1. Reaffirms the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in Palestine, including:

2. Reaffirms also the inalienable right of the Palestinians to return to their homes and property from which they have been displaced and uprooted, and calls for their return;

Your usual tactic of spamming threads with cutting and pasting to promote your invented "country of Pally'land" are best dumped here:

The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

I post actual documents and you keep coming back with the same old Israeli bullshit. Why do you always do that?

It seems you're just cutting and pasting the same debunked snippets of articles you scour from the web.

Odd, don't you think, but your fantasies notwithstanding, the invented Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land exists only in your imagination.

Debunked? You say it but never prove it.

Where is your proof?

You are a hoot.

Where is your proof?

What is it that you expect me to prove? Your claim is the existence of some imagined "country of Pal'istan".

Where is your proof?

What is it that you expect me to prove? Your claim is the existence of some imagined "country of Pal'istan".
You are the one making all the unsubstantiated claims.

It is up to you to prove your point.

Where is your proof?

My point is that you are making the positive claim to some imagined Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land. It is not up to me to prove such a place ever existed.

Where is your proof?

My point is that you are making the positive claim to some imagined Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land. It is not up to me to prove such a place ever existed.
The court found a reference to the 1932 episode in the State Department's digest of international law, where it is mentioned as indicating that the United States considered that Palestine was a state.

The British government was so anxious to exempt Palestine without losing tariff revenue on goods from the United States and several other states, that it examined the possibility of suing on the matter in the PCIJ. The British government's own legal office advised against suing, however, because the PCIJ had already said that Palestine was a state that was successor to Turkey with respect to the territory of Palestine.

http://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1045&context=mjil

So, what do you have besides deflection?

Where is your proof?

The court found a reference to the 1932 episode in the State Department's digest of international law, where it is mentioned as indicating that the United States considered that Palestine was a state.

The British government was so anxious to exempt Palestine without losing tariff revenue on goods from the United States and several other states, that it examined the possibility of suing on the matter in the PCIJ. The British government's own legal office advised against suing, however, because the PCIJ had already said that Palestine was a state that was successor to Turkey with respect to the territory of Palestine.

Ah, I see. So, in 1932 the Great Satan considered your Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land a "state". I wasn't aware that the Great Satan ™ was tasked with granting statehood.

Is nonsense all you have?

Where is your proof?

Ah, I see. So, in 1932 the Great Satan considered your Magical Kingdom of Disney Pally'land a "state". I wasn't aware that the Great Satan ™ was tasked with granting statehood.

Grasping at straws.

Both the US and the International Court (and others) recognized Palestine as a state.

Grasping at straws.

Both the US and the International Court (and others) recognized Palestine as a state.

You're grasping at korans.

Maybe you can show us where and how your claimed "recognition" applies statehood. Which Islamic terrorist enclave (Gaza'istan or Fatah'istan), was granted statehood?

Grasping at straws.

Maybe you can show us where and how your claimed "recognition" applies statehood. Which Islamic terrorist enclave (Gaza'istan or Fatah'istan), was granted statehood?
You are starting to dance again.
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
Why don't you take a deep breath, calm down, and address my posts?

Grasping at straws.

I addressed your post, Louie888, jr. Why don't you address how the Great Satan "recognizing" the area known as "Pal'istan" confers statehood? Was the State Department in 1932 tasked with conferring statehood? I wasn't aware of that.

Grasping at straws.

I addressed your post, Louie888, jr. Why don't you address how the Great Satan "recognizing" the area known as "Pal'istan" confers statehood? Was the State Department in 1932 tasked with conferring statehood? I wasn't aware of that.
Whether a state exists is a matter of law. Recognition of a state is a matter of politics.

Legally, Palestine has been a state since 1924. It was generally recognized as such by courts and other countries until the creation of Israel when there was a shift in politics. Israel held the dominant narrative until the last decade or two. Now that narrative is beginning to shift. Zionists are wringing their hands over the "delegitimization" of Israel that exists in Palestinian territory.

Grasping at straws.

Whether a state exists is a matter of law. Recognition of a state is a matter of politics.

Legally, Palestine has been a state since 1924. It was generally recognized as such by courts and other countries until the creation of Israel when there was a shift in politics. Israel held the dominant narrative until the last decade or two. Now that narrative is beginning to shift. Zionists are wringing their hands over the "delegitimization" of Israel that exists in Palestinian territory.

".... because I say so", is hardly a compelling argument.

"....generally recognized..." is hardly a compelling reason to accept your "..,because I say so" argument for assigning statehood to your invented "country of Pally'land".

There are many reasons why your legal opinions on civil and international law are met with 360 degree eye-rolls.

Why yes, the narrative is beginning to shift.

Why donor countries are giving less to the Palestinians

Read more: Why donor countries are giving less to the Palestinians

Declining international support to the PA coincided with reduced international interest in the Palestinian cause, as international decision-makers grew more concerned about other issues such as Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and the influx of hundreds of thousands of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to European countries.

D
Why yes, the narrative is beginning to shift.

Why donor countries are giving less to the Palestinians

Read more: Why donor countries are giving less to the Palestinians

Declining international support to the PA coincided with reduced international interest in the Palestinian cause, as international decision-makers grew more concerned about other issues such as Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and the influx of hundreds of thousands of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to European countries.
Don't confuse the PA with the Palestinians.

Exactly. Don't confuse the Palestinians as a people with some fictional State or with an ineffective and corrupt quasi-government. (Or two).

The former deserve acknowledgement and respect. But they have not yet been able to develop into a functioning State.

Exactly. Don't confuse the Palestinians as a people with some fictional State or with an ineffective and corrupt quasi-government. (Or two).

The former deserve acknowledgement and respect. But they have not yet been able to develop into a functioning State.
Oh jeese, not another slime post. What did this add to the discussion?

Oh jeese, not another slime post. What did this add to the discussion?

You've said you are not fond of either the PA or Hamas. You've said they don't represent the Palestinian people.

This conflict is not going to get solved until the Palestinian people develop into something other than victims who send their young people out stabbing random Jews or lobbing ineffectual rockets at Israeli towns. They need to be something more than that. They need a plan. They need a proper, representative government (likely two). They need to move their resources to building and not to destroying. They need to stop doing stupid ass things like denying fellow Palestinians access to simple things like electricity, medical care, clean water. They need to start acting, on the world stage, like they are a State and not a couple of terrorist groups acting like whining children.

Why Are Countless Palestinian Photos and Films Buried in Israeli Archives?
Palestinian photos and films seized by Israeli troops have been gathering dust in the army and Defense Ministry archives until Dr. Rona Sela, a curator and art historian, exposed them. The material presents an alternative to the Zionist history that denied the Palestinians’ existence here, she says

Why are countless Palestinian photos and films buried in Israeli archives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back