Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Bassil also has some interesting things to say about Syrian refugees:

As Lebanon's foreign minister, Gebran Bassil has in recent months taken steps to quicken the return of Syrian civilians who in the past seven years crossed the border to flee civil war.

Speaking to The National, Mr Bassil hesitates to call such Syrians refugees, instead describing them as "migrants" and "displaced".

"Lebanon does not accept Syrians to be refugees, not one of them," he said on the margins of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

His argument is that Lebanon is not a signatory to the Convention Relating To The Status Of Refugees, a UN multilateral treaty agreed in 1951, and thus is not required to grant refugee status.

He is also sensitive to the need and some public desire for repatriation of the more than one million Syrians in Lebanon because of the war.

"It's stipulated in our constitution, it’s related to the existence of the country that’s based on a certain equilibrium and balance, you cannot all of a sudden introduce 50 per cent of its population to the country."
---------------------

Lebanon doesn't legally consider Palestinians to be refugees - but it happily calls them refugees when it is convenient.

(full article online)

Lebanon calls Palestinians "refugees" but not Syrians. It's all political. ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

Symbol of the 'Palestinian cause' reveals its true goal - not to remove 'settlements,' but to remove 'the big settlement - Israel.'

(full article online)

Tamimi: Our goal is to remove Israel

I'm actually a little surprised she is that blunt about it. One would expect this will not go over well in Europe, which still holds to the two-state standard.

Most of Europe was applauding I am sure.

Really? You think calling for the end of a state (the Jewish state) is acceptable in the international community?

Symbol of the 'Palestinian cause' reveals its true goal - not to remove 'settlements,' but to remove 'the big settlement - Israel.'

(full article online)

I'm actually a little surprised she is that blunt about it. One would expect this will not go over well in Europe, which still holds to the two-state standard.

Really? You think calling for the end of a state (the Jewish state) is acceptable in the international community?

With many in Europe I do. Look at the UN votes. US always has to use its veto power. Antisemitism is not only alive and well but accepted.

(full article online)

Efraim Halevy, the former head of Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, says Iran is not an 'existential' threat to Israel.

(full article online)

With many in Europe I do. Look at the UN votes. US always has to use its veto power. Antisemitism is not only alive and well but accepted.

Yes, I totally agree that anti-semitism is alive and well. But destroying a fully sovereign state because .... Jews is Holocaust level stuff. Are we there again, already?

(full article online)

Yes, I totally agree that anti-semitism is alive and well. But destroying a fully sovereign state because .... Jews is Holocaust level stuff. Are we there again, already?

Just look at the UN Votes. Look at the rhetoric. I believe so. France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden...not only have large Islamic populations but are also super liberal...which in turn means hate Jews....many times. I am hopefully wrong. I don't think I am.

Just look at the UN Votes. Look at the rhetoric. I believe so. France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden...not only have large Islamic populations but are also super liberal...which in turn means hate Jews....many times. I am hopefully wrong. I don't think I am.
Liberals support Israel, just ask Barney Frank :auiqs.jpg:

So dumb on many levels to equate an ideological leaning with hating Jews or Israel.

Can somebody despise or disagree with Israel and not be accused of Jew hatred?

So dumb on many levels to equate an ideological leaning with hating Jews or Israel.

We are discussing the DESTRUCTION of a sovereign state here. The willful, deliberate act of wiping an entire state out of existence. So yeah, that's Holocaust level Jew-hatred.

Somebody can disagree with policies or acts of Israel's government. Totally legit. If someone "despises" Israel, they are anti-semitic.

We are discussing the DESTRUCTION of a sovereign state here. The willful, deliberate act of wiping an entire state out of existence. So yeah, that's Holocaust level Jew-hatred.

Somebody can disagree with policies or acts of Israel's government. Totally legit. If someone "despises" Israel, they are anti-semitic.
"If someone "despises" Israel, they are anti-semitic."
Sad. Really sad

Israel can destroy herself. She will never be destroyed from outside. Did you worry about the destruction of Iraq? Just wondering

Sad. Really sad

Israel can destroy herself. She will never be destroyed from outside. Did you worry about the destruction of Iraq? Just wondering

Hatred of entire nations and entire peoples is always discriminatory. Doesn't matter what country you are talking about. So, yeah, if someone calls for the destruction of a sovereign state its always going to be problematic in my world.

Hatred of entire nations and entire peoples is always discriminatory. Doesn't matter what country you are talking about. So, yeah, if someone calls for the destruction of a sovereign state its always going to be problematic in my world.
Really? In times of war we Americans have hated and demonized every single enemy

Really? In times of war we Americans have hated and demonized every single enemy

I didn't say it hasn't happened. I certainly didn't say it hasn't happened in the context of conflict. I said it wasn't right. Its not.

Are there countries that the US is trying to destroy? Which can not be permitted to exist?

Sad. Really sad

Iraq with its dictator? No

Iraq is one of 50+ mostly Islam nations. Only one mostly Jewish one.

I didn't say it hasn't happened. I certainly didn't say it hasn't happened in the context of conflict. I said it wasn't right. Its not.

Are there countries that the US is trying to destroy? Which can not be permitted to exist?

The context would show your questions to be ridiculously irrelevant and not well thought out.

America is not a state comprised of people with centuries old customs, culture, and identity. America is constantly being remolded by newcomers. It can only be compared with the other English/British states that gave the world ideals of rights and liberty brought over with their founding members

Israel is surrounded by a group of states or nations, some created in the 20th century. But the peoples in those states have a shared set of customs, culture, and identity going way back. Israelis do not. Many if not most all of Israel's founders were European.

So America is not set against a group of states with people who feel Americans invaded and stole everything. Of course America did come into being at the expense of a people they nearly annihilated. After the native Americans were dealt with, there existed no one else to feel hostility towards Americans.

Egypt recognized Israel's right to exist? Right to exist - Wikipedia

If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back