Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the peoples in those states have a shared set of customs, culture, and identity going way back. Israelis do not.
You're kidding, right?! The only question to ask is whether you are THAT colossally ignorant of the Jewish people or just anti-semtic?

Last I checked Iraq still exists.
after we rebuilt it, sort of. The state was destroyed. Facts matter. After the invasion of a sovereign state, America dismantled the government, which essentially destroys a state

Except that it still exists. So, no. There was a regime change. A change in government. The state was badly harmed but not destroyed, else it would not BE HERE.

The intent of the Tamini family, Hamas and about 60%, last I recall, of the Palestinian community is to destroy Israel. Not a changed government, no government. Not a modified self-determination for the Jewish people, no self-determination for the Jewish people.

If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

You are certainly in error here. I fully support the sovereign self-determination of the First Nations peoples of all the Americas, Australia and any other indigenous peoples. The sooner the better.

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

You are really confused.

Answer four questions:

a ) What constitutes the permanent population?
b ) Where did Palestine as a self-governing institution find its territory?
c ) What is the legitimate Government of this state?
d) Does the State of Palestine have the capacity to enter into relations with the other states?​

The State of Palestine did not become an embryonic and self-governing institution until the PLO declared independence. Independence of what was unknown at the time.

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

This is another misunderstanding you have.

... The Palestinians have never surrendered or ceded any land to Israel.
(COMMENT)

The territory was NEVER under the sovereignty to the Arab Palestinians or the Arab Higher Committee or the PLO to → surrendered or ceded to Israel.

Most Respectfully,
R
Occupations do not acquire sovereignty. A country does not cease to exist due to occupation.
(COMMENT)
To "cease to exist" it must first "exist." Answer the four questions. (Just for starters.)

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I did not say that "Occupation Requires Sovereignty." BUT. the Palestinians cannot truly claim to have a state if --- event before it came into existence, the territory was already controlled by the Israelis.

You don't have an argument for the existence of a sovereign state.

• When and where did the Arab Palestinians secure an independent and self-governing state?
A state does not come into existence just be a few words on a piece of paper. You don't create a State, just by saying: I'm a State!

Most Respectfully,
R
Palestine came into existence and the Palestinians became citizens of Palestine in 1924. Palestinian became a nationality inside a territory defined by international borders. A people do not need permission to declare statehood. If so, who has the authority to grant or deny that permission? About 80 local Palestinian officials declared independence on their own land inside their own international borders in 1948. It was all perfectly legal. Nobody has the authority to undo that.

Last I checked Iraq still exists.
after we rebuilt it, sort of. The state was destroyed. Facts matter. After the invasion of a sovereign state, America dismantled the government, which essentially destroys a state

Except that it still exists. So, no. There was a regime change. A change in government. The state was badly harmed but not destroyed, else it would not BE HERE.

The intent of the Tamini family, Hamas and about 60%, last I recall, of the Palestinian community is to destroy Israel. Not a changed government, no government. Not a modified self-determination for the Jewish people, no self-determination for the Jewish people.
There was a regime change? So we added and abetted insertion of a regime?

Who governed Iraq after the invasion? What state entity?

If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

You are certainly in error here. I fully support the sovereign self-determination of the First Nations peoples of all the Americas, Australia and any other indigenous peoples. The sooner the better.
none too bright are you? reading and comprehension is not your strong suit

again: If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

But the peoples in those states have a shared set of customs, culture, and identity going way back. Israelis do not.
You're kidding, right?! The only question to ask is whether you are THAT colossally ignorant of the Jewish people or just anti-semtic?
simple answers? FU and no on both

stop accusing people with innuendo of being such

Stop making utterly ridiculous comments like, The Jewish people have no shared set of customs, culture and identity.

There are only two reasons I can think of why people would make such ridiculous statements -- one is ignorance, and the other is unreasonable hatred. Or did you want to add a third?

again: If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

Oh goodie, another person who resorts to personal attacks when the questions get too hard.

A group of Native Americans DOES EXIST (actually many, but we will keep it simple). Let's use the Haudenosaunee Confederacy as an example. If that group of Native Americans wanted to hold sovereignty over their historical and ancestral lands, regardless of the circumstances of how that was to be implemented, I would NOT HATE OR WANT TO DESTROY that Nation. On the contrary, I would endeavor to support that Nation and its sovereignty to the fullest of my ability.

Now, how's your reading comprehension? You got that?

Stop making utterly ridiculous comments like, The Jewish people have no shared set of customs, culture and identity.

There are only two reasons I can think of why people would make such ridiculous statements -- one is ignorance, and the other is unreasonable hatred. Or did you want to add a third?
The Israeli people do not .. as Israeli citizens. and you too are claiming unwittingly that Israel is a theocracy

Oh goodie, another person who resorts to personal attacks when the questions get too hard.

A group of Native Americans DOES EXIST (actually many, but we will keep it simple). Let's use the Haudenosaunee Confederacy as an example. If that group of Native Americans wanted to hold sovereignty over their historical and ancestral lands, regardless of the circumstances of how that was to be implemented, I would NOT HATE OR WANT TO DESTROY that Nation. On the contrary, I would endeavor to support that Nation and its sovereignty to the fullest of my ability.

Now, how's your reading comprehension? You got that?
read it again. again: If a group of Native Americans existed worldwide, and then wanted to take a historically important (to them) piece of land somewhere in the continental US, and a world body government gave the ok and supplied them with weapons to achieve their goals, I suspect Americans and people like you would hate and want to destroy that nation. I could be in error here, but kind of doubt it

Israel right or wrong is so old. I used to subscribe to that, back when Israel faced a serious existential threat. It does not anymore

The Israeli people do not .. as Israeli citizens. and you too are claiming unwittingly that Israel is a theocracy

The Jewish people share a unique (and ancient) language, holidays, life celebrations, burial customs, a system of laws, common stories and myths, works of art and literature, a very unique and specific world view, special clothing, ritual and cultural foods, a religion, historical landmarks and monuments. That is most certainly customs, culture and identity.

There is absolutely no way you could in any objective way define "customs, culture and identity" and have it exclude the Jewish people. Thus, door #2 -- special standards for Jews.

The Jewish people share a unique (and ancient) language, holidays, life celebrations, burial customs, a system of laws, common stories and myths, works of art and literature, a very unique and specific world view, special clothing, ritual and cultural foods, a religion, historical landmarks and monuments. That is most certainly customs, culture and identity.

There is absolutely no way you could in any objective way define "customs, culture and identity" and have it exclude the Jewish people. Thus, door #2 -- special standards for Jews.

You keep saying Jews where it is about Israel.

All Jews are not Israeli

You keep saying Jews where it is about Israel.

All Jews are not Israeli

Sure. Well, let's flip that nut then, shall we?

Palestinians do not have a shared set of customs, culture and identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back