Who is a hater of gays in America? Why?

Why are gays hated in America? What is the reason of this hatred? I know that there is a tendency to support them and respect their rights. But I would like to ask the opposite.

Why? For me personally, there is no hatred at all. Just a burning animus for their behavior against those who disagree with them. Give them their rights, let them marry, who cares? But when they start going after people who disagree, start targeting people for humiliation or destruction and whatnot... I would assume such would fuel that hatred (not mine personally).

Take it up with the State PA laws. As its the PA laws that prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Relax, this isn't sharia law, not yet anyway.
That's your fear, not mine. I'm rational...
Oh that's what you call yourself. Smug self righteous...I mean, want a hug and a gold star? Attaa boy!
I call myself that,.................................................wait for it.....................................................because it's true. Aspire to it, it's helpful for dealing with the real world, the one with gay people in it.

I'm rational...
tumblr_inline_mh3qaqvygK1rqbh0h.gif

Take it up with the State PA laws. As its the PA laws that prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Something tells me that certain people still won't care.

Hatred of gays most definitely preceded a handful of bakers being sued under State PA laws for discrimination when they refused to bake cakes for gays.

Eliminating PA lawsuits as the likely cause of animus toward gays. As the 'effect' existed long before the so called 'cause' did.

A shame, since not obeying the law, by baking the stupid cake, can put you right out of business and have you signing away 135K.

The same people whining about minimum wage, cost of living and lack of jobs are the ones putting people out of work, and on unemployment, whist making them live in hiding because they refused to cater a gay wedding.

And just know, depending on the circumstance, I'll have thousands of people willing to donate me enough money to pay that fine...and then some. So, how should I care again?

Last edited:
A shame, since not obeying the law, by baking the stupid cake, can put you right out of business and have you signing away 135K.

The same people whining about minimum wage, cost of living and lack of jobs are the ones putting people out of work, and on unemployment, whist being made to live in hiding because they refused to cater a gay wedding.

And just know, depending on the circumstance, I'll have thousands of people willing to donate me enough money to pay that fine...and then some. So, how should I care again?

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job. Its not society's responsibility to adapt to your personal religious beliefs. It would be like Steve Young insisting that the Superbowl had to be played on a Saturday because his religion forbids working on Sunday.

Some people just don't like gay marriage, Templar, don't want gay marriage, and believe marriage is a religious sacrament.

You know...like you.

Hatred of gays most definitely preceded a handful of bakers being sued under State PA laws for discrimination when they refused to bake cakes for gays.

Of course! So how can one acting in the ways of the Christian faith regarding gay marriage be perceived as hatred? Or will we start resorting to a glorified form of biblical eisegesis to inform him of how his faith does in fact condone such a practice?

Eliminating PA lawsuits as the likely cause of animus toward gays. As the 'effect' existed long before the so called 'cause' did.

Come again?

I do NOT like gays Sam I am, I do not like them red or green, if you know what I mean. I just don't like queens or liars or in betweeners...

Of course! So how can one acting in the ways of the Christian faith regarding gay marriage be perceived as hatred?

The OP asks about opposition to gay marriage and hatred of gays. These are two separate issues. You can oppose gay marriage and not hate gays.

But most hatred of gays is religiously motivated. There's no rational reason outside of religion to hate gays or lesbians.

I do NOT like gays Sam I am, I do not like them red or green, if you know what I mean. I just don't like queens or liars or in betweeners...

But why? 'Gays' are millions and millions of different people. Why would you not like someone you've never met?

That's not rational.

Of course! So how can one acting in the ways of the Christian faith regarding gay marriage be perceived as hatred?

The OP asks about opposition to gay marriage and hatred of gays. These are two separate issues. You can oppose gay marriage and not hate gays.

But most hatred of gays is religiously motivated. There's no rational reason outside of religion to hate gays or lesbians.

There is no hatred of Homosexuals... and the people least likely to hate are people guided by Religious tenets, most notably Christian tenets.

Naturally Islam is not included in that, because Islam is not a religion, but a Political Cult, deceitfully hiding behind a fradulent pretense of religion.

The Claim of hatred is a ruse conjured by the Homo-Cult to lull the ignorant into sympathy for their now lost cause.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job. Its not society's responsibility to adapt to your personal religious beliefs.

Why should I sacrifice my religious conscience to serve the public or make a living?

Some people just don't like gay marriage, Templar, don't want gay marriage, and believe marriage is a religious sacrament.

Personally, I don't care if they marry. My problem is how people who disagree with it are treated.

It would be like Steve Young insisting that the Superbowl had to be played on a Saturday because his religion forbids working on Sunday.

What? Well, I get that you think Christians are insensitive towards gay people and their lifestyles, but this statement indicates a similar insensitivity towards Christians and their religious beliefs.

A paradox to be certain...

[So your conclusion is then that the argument is straw reasoning: "Straw man" is one of the best-named fallacies, because it is memorable and vividly illustrates the nature of the fallacy. Imagine a fight in which one of the combatants sets up a man of straw, attacks it, then proclaims victory. All the while, the real opponent stands by untouched.

The conclusion is that you made up the 'natural law of marriage', pulled sideways out of your ass, based on your own relativistic assumptions. And you've offered us nothing but your own relativistic assumptions to back up your made up 'natural law of marriage'.

With your assumption debunked by one simple fact: there is no marriage in nature.

You can't get around that. And what you described as 'marriage' is merely fucking. Which obviously isn't the same thing. You can't tell the difference. A rational person could.

I'll take that concession; noted and accepted.

Whatever. The imaginary 'concession' like your sources, like your reasoning, like your audience....is just you citing yourself. Which is meaningless.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job, find another job. Its not society's responsibility to adapt to your personal religious beliefs.

Why should I sacrifice my religious conscience to serve the public or make a living?

Those choices aren't mutually exclusive. You can choose a profession that's consistent with your religious beliefs. A Buddhist doesn't start working at a slaughter house and then demand that they stop killing cows because it offends his personal religious beliefs. He finds a job that is consistent with his religion.

Your religion is your responsibility. Not mine. Its your responsibility to find way of making a living that's consistent with your beliefs.

You may not like gay marriage, you may not want gay marriage, you may consider marriage a religious sacrament. What does that have to do with me?

TemplarKormac said:

Personally, I don't care if they marry. My problem is how people who disagree with it are treated.

But you don't like gay marriage and you don't want gay marriage and you do believe marriage is a religious sacrament.

Most opposition to gay marriage is also based in religion. Just as most hatred of gays is based in religion. Though those two Venn diagrams are hardly a circle.

TemplarKormac said:
It would be like Steve Young insisting that the Superbowl had to be played on a Saturday because his religion forbids working on Sunday.

What? Well, I get that you think Christians are insensitive towards gay people and their lifestyles, but this statement indicates a similar insensitivity towards Christians and their religious beliefs.
How so? And be specific.

"Who is a hater of gays in America? Why?"

Conservatives for the most part, particularly those on the social right.

Their hate is the consequence of ignorance and unwarranted fear – fear of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty.

Forum List

Back