Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Now I understand that there's a lot of people that think a lot of different things when it comes to this issue. Not all of you support something so drastic as that, but I really believe that a lot of you do, and that there is often a dishonest implication that that's not anybody's goal and people on the right are being paranoid crazies. Come on, for real? I want some honesty now from some of you on the left. Admit that what you want goes a lot further than background checks. Admit that that's where the gun rhetoric leads, and that you'll pick and pick and get as close to your goal as you possibly can. I just want to see some of you say it.

Leftest are dishonest scoundrels....it's in their DNA to be dishonest...

Now I understand that there's a lot of people that think a lot of different things when it comes to this issue. Not all of you support something so drastic as that, but I really believe that a lot of you do, and that there is often a dishonest implication that that's not anybody's goal and people on the right are being paranoid crazies. Come on, for real? I want some honesty now from some of you on the left. Admit that what you want goes a lot further than background checks. Admit that that's where the gun rhetoric leads, and that you'll pick and pick and get as close to your goal as you possibly can. I just want to see some of you say it.
Gun lovers are the most 'glass half empty' pessimists in America.

You see slippery slopes everywhere. Universal background checks lead to gun registration and that leads to confiscation. An incredible series of events that just won't happen.

Let me ask a few questions. When the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on the automatic firing system, were your rights to bear arms infringed? How did those restrictions Ben held these many years as constitutional? Did those restrictive NSA lead, inevitably, to further restrictions?

`
This sums it up for me;
`
`

29244173_1987124634838475_6233393505356480512_n.jpg

`

You see slippery slopes everywhere. Universal background checks lead to gun registration and that leads to confiscation. An incredible series of events that just won't happen.

Let me ask a few questions. When the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on the automatic firing system, were your rights to bear arms infringed? How did those restrictions Ben held these many years as constitutional? Did those restrictive NSA lead, inevitably, to further restrictions?

So you'd never support legislation that was aimed at limiting access to firearms in general?

I don't understand OP what do you mean?

that's all the communist Left wants and demands .....is there any doubt?????

Of course that's their ultimate goal! why do you ask such an obvious question? can you explain please?

Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?

“Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?”

No one, because this is a ridiculous and moronic lie.

No one on ‘the left’ seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns or advocate for their ‘seizure.’

It's this sort of ignorant lie that renders good faith debate about firearms impossible.

It's this sort of ignorant lie that renders good faith debate about firearms impossible.

Maybe I'm wrong after all. I find that rather hard to believe, though.

If they wanted all guns seized they would simply abolish the second amendment or make it a felony to manufacture them.

Maybe I'm wrong after all. I find that rather hard to believe, though.
You are wrong and what you believe is irrelevant.

No one seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns, no one seeks to ‘confiscate’ guns.

Of course dishonest conservatives will continue to attempt to propagate that idiotic lie.

why do you ask such an obvious question? can you explain please?

To me it seems obvious that a lot of people on the left have no respect for the second amendment and would probably support removing it entirely. Maybe I'm wrong; maybe I'm not. I wanted to see if I could create any interesting dialogue.

So you'd never support legislation that was aimed at limiting access to firearms in general?
I believe that Americans should be permitted to own any guns used for sport and self defense. Shot guns, bolt and lever action rifles and revolvers. I can't understand the necessity for high capacity magazines though. Those are tools of mass shooting, not sport or defense.

Last edited:
You are wrong and what you believe is irrelevant.

No one seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns, no one seeks to ‘confiscate’ guns.

Of course dishonest conservatives will continue to attempt to propagate that idiotic lie.

I'm not a conservative, though I do believe that regulating guns is an ineffective solution to the problem of gun violence. I'm not dishonest, nor am I trying to propagate a lie. That's how it appears to me, and clearly I'm not alone.

Forum List

Back