Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?

You are wrong and what you believe is irrelevant.

No one seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns, no one seeks to ‘confiscate’ guns.

Of course dishonest conservatives will continue to attempt to propagate that idiotic lie.

I'm not a conservative, though I do believe that regulating guns is an ineffective solution to the problem of gun violence. I'm not dishonest, nor am I trying to propagate a lie. That's how it appears to me, and clearly I'm not alone.
“I do believe that regulating guns is an ineffective solution to the problem of gun violence.”

That depends on what is meant by ‘regulation.’

There are firearm regulatory measures that have nothing to do with the availability of types or classifications of firearms, such as background checks, waiting periods, and age limitations.

And there are those who believe that regulating guns is an effective way to at least address aspects of gun violence – no one presents any regulatory measure as a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence.

But to post something as stupid and wrong as ‘the left’ seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns and ‘confiscate’ all guns is being dishonest and a liar.

Last, that it appears to that your lie is true, and that others believe the same idiotic lie, is your problem, having nothing to do with ‘the left.’

If I believe something that isn't true I'm not lying; I'd just be wrong, no?

Theres a ban on people having RPG's and I havent heard of anyone
6631250-3x2-940x627.jpg

what are you?

a parrot or something
I'm amazing and legendary just for a start.

"I support the ban on assault weapons"
-Drumpf

stop parroting! what's wrong with you grrr
I wasnt parroting. You asked a question and I mentioned Drumpf wanted to ban weapons as well.

Now I understand that there's a lot of people that think a lot of different things when it comes to this issue. Not all of you support something so drastic as that, but I really believe that a lot of you do, and that there is often a dishonest implication that that's not anybody's goal and people on the right are being paranoid crazies. Come on, for real? I want some honesty now from some of you on the left. Admit that what you want goes a lot further than background checks. Admit that that's where the gun rhetoric leads, and that you'll pick and pick and get as close to your goal as you possibly can. I just want to see some of you say it.

You mean like anti-choice NaziCons do with their constant chipping away of Roe v. Wade? No, that's not what reasonable, responsible gun owners and supporters want. There are some anti-gun extremists - but there is no support for banning guns. Here is what they want:

Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines. Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Accurate up-to-date enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Enforce the laws!

Last edited:
Last, that it appears to that your lie is true, and that others believe the same idiotic lie, is your problem, having nothing to do with ‘the left.’
But, if that is the perception, it is the left's problem, because we're ready to go on a repeal rampage, were so goddsmn sick of constantly getting shamebashed. Prove that it is not your goal to ban and confiscate. Otherwise, we don't believe you and will never compromise. We will go the complete opposite direction.

Like I said, until there are no gun-free zones, no more gun control or we will go for broke. Machine guns or Valhalla.

Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines. Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Accurate up-to-date enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Enforce the laws!
No.

Not one single iota of gun control ever again. Eliminate gun-free zones and allow people to shoot back or fuck off. We will shift to the policy of machine guns or death. We will take enough down with us to destroy you all. Full auto or Valhalla. Either way, we win. Give up now.

No.

Not one single iota of gun control ever again. Eliminate gun-free zones and allow people to shoot back or fuck off. We change to the policy of machine guns or death. We will take enough down with us to destroy you all. Full auto or Valhalla. Either way, we win. Give up now.

That's psycho talk. You NRA gun nutters are the greatest threat to my future gun rights.

That's psycho talk. You NRA gun nutters are the greatest threat to my future gun rights
Sounds like you are the greatest threat to your own gun rights.

Compromise is over.

Eliminate gun-free zones or we repeal everything. Machine guns or Valhalla.

No more gun control.

But, if that is the perception, it is the left's problem, because we're ready to go on a repeal rampage, were so goddsmn sick of constantly getting shamebashed. Prove that it is not your goal to ban and confiscate. Otherwise, we don't believe you and will never compromise. We will go the complete opposite direction.

Like I said, until there are no gun-free zones, no more gun control or we will go for broke. Machine guns or Valhalla.

it can't be proven to your ilk because you won't learn what you don't want to know.

*shrug

it can't be proven to your ilk because you won't learn what you don't want to know.

*shrug

The way I could see it happening is something like this...

The left gets more regulations on guns passed but gun violence continues undisturbed; maybe it even get worse. People remain outraged at and about the gun situation, and believe a solution must be found. From that point people mistakenly assume that even more regulations will fix the problem, but they don't, and this pattern continues. Little by little things get sacrificed in efforts to fix gun violence until the second amendment has been badly damaged or destroyed, and gun violence is still a problem. Maybe right now not a lot of people think the second should be outright abolished, but as the problem continues to go unsolved I could see justifications being made for more and more sacrifices.

Last edited:
Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?
Who on the right will admit that the ultimate goal is to outlaw abortions?

There, I fixed it for you.

I can't really speak for the right, but I don't disagree with that sentiment. I imagine more than you expect would admit that they want abortion to be heavily regulated/outlawed.

Universal background checks lead to gun registration and that leads to confiscation. An incredible series of events that just won't happen

You mean like you think a ban on partial birth abortions will lead to a complete ban on abortions?

Let me ask a few questions. When the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on the automatic firing system, were your rights to bear arms infringed?

If the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on abortion, would your right to an abortion infringed?

How did those restrictions Ben held these many years as constitutional?

The SCOTUS is a joke

Did those restrictive NSA lead, inevitably, to further restrictions?

Owning a gun and not having it when you need to defend yourself is a severe restriction on our Constitutional rights, yes they are
Here's a hint, Kaz. The topic isn't abortion. It's guns.

Correct. And I'm demonstrating your double standard.

You're like partially banning guns is a slippery slope fallacy!

Oh, yeah, you can't ban any abortions, it's a slippery slope!

Your double standard is regarding guns
That suspicion of a slippery slope was implied in the OP.

Yes. And you mocked it, so I'm showing your double standard. Sorry, I thought you were following along. If you lose your way again let me know and I'll get you caught up again.

There is a huge difference.

Guns - The Democrat Party in a huge majority is for banning all guns

Abortion - A minority of the party wants to ban all abortions

“Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?”

No one, because this is a ridiculous and moronic lie.

No one on ‘the left’ seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns or advocate for their ‘seizure.’

It's this sort of ignorant lie that renders good faith debate about firearms impossible.

No they just go for de facto bans on things like CCW, where the police get to decide who is worthy of a CCW permit.

Or you get a place like NYC where you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $500 in fees just to get a home use permit for a freaking revolver.

Now I understand that there's a lot of people that think a lot of different things when it comes to this issue. Not all of you support something so drastic as that, but I really believe that a lot of you do, and that there is often a dishonest implication that that's not anybody's goal and people on the right are being paranoid crazies. Come on, for real? I want some honesty now from some of you on the left. Admit that what you want goes a lot further than background checks. Admit that that's where the gun rhetoric leads, and that you'll pick and pick and get as close to your goal as you possibly can. I just want to see some of you say it.
Gun lovers are the most 'glass half empty' pessimists in America.

You see slippery slopes everywhere. Universal background checks lead to gun registration and that leads to confiscation. An incredible series of events that just won't happen.

Let me ask a few questions. When the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on the automatic firing system, were your rights to bear arms infringed? How did those restrictions Ben held these many years as constitutional? Did those restrictive NSA lead, inevitably, to further restrictions?

So you'd never support legislation that was aimed at limiting access to firearms in general?
I believe that Americans should be permitted to own any guns used for sport and self defense. Shot guns, bolt and lever action rifles and revolvers. I can't understand the necessity for high capacity magazines though. Those are tools of mass shooting, not sport or defense.

And can you guarantee the people we may have to defend ourselves against won't carry something stronger?

And will the cops give up their more powerful weapons?

And your side NEVER stops there, it's always more more more.

Universal background checks lead to gun registration and that leads to confiscation. An incredible series of events that just won't happen

You mean like you think a ban on partial birth abortions will lead to a complete ban on abortions?

Let me ask a few questions. When the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on the automatic firing system, were your rights to bear arms infringed?

If the federal government put heavy taxes and restrictions on abortion, would your right to an abortion infringed?

How did those restrictions Ben held these many years as constitutional?

The SCOTUS is a joke

Did those restrictive NSA lead, inevitably, to further restrictions?

Owning a gun and not having it when you need to defend yourself is a severe restriction on our Constitutional rights, yes they are
Here's a hint, Kaz. The topic isn't abortion. It's guns.

The topic is rights, both implicit in the constitution like RKBA, and made up by progressive lawyers, like the right to an abortion.

One you think is OK to ignore, the other you defend vehemently even though it is made out of thin air.

That is true. Their goal is life at conception.

Now you can see why the right (with its ultimate goal of banning all abortions) believes the left's ultimate goal is to ban all guns.

Both are statist, authoritarians and should not be trusted with your rights.

“Who on the left will admit that the ultimate goal is to seize/outlaw guns?”

No one, because this is a ridiculous and moronic lie.

No one on ‘the left’ seeks to ‘outlaw’ guns or advocate for their ‘seizure.’

It's this sort of ignorant lie that renders good faith debate about firearms impossible.

Your desire to ignore the systemic erosion of our protected rights ...
And suggest you are even capable of any discussion of firearms and your desires in good faith ...
Is in and of itself the pinnacle of ignorance in this issue.

It's what you chose to ignore that makes you ignorant ... :thup:

Forum List

Back