Who owns the west?

There are only three Constitutional circumstances wherein the federal government may claim state lands in perpetuity.

Parks and monuments are not included.
Those lands never belonged to the states

I'd be willing to sell them at fair market value
I would support a lottery for thousands of individual lots with all kinds of caveats and restrictions on the lots. Imagine being able to win a transferable lot at Yellowstone.

Imagine your house being in the middle of the caldera and yellowstone erupting.
You might wish you had bought a lottery ticket for a different lot somewhere else. Or, you would be glad you sold off that transferable lot before the eruption.

There are only three Constitutional circumstances wherein the federal government may claim state lands in perpetuity.

Any state admitted into the Union enjoys the same constitutional rights as any other state, and the federal government is subject to the same constitutional limitations applicable to any other state.

Any state admitted into the Union enjoys the same constitutional rights as any other state, and the federal government is subject to the same constitutional limitations applicable to any other state.

We the People have always owned those lands. We paid for them

States were formed on land we already owned. If they want to buy back those lands from the rest of us....let them pay fair market price

States were formed on land we already owned. If they want to buy back those lands from the rest of us....let them pay fair market price

Repeating nonsense only confirms its value as nonsense.

The Constitution is the law. Period. And it covers all states.

A girl that lives in New Jersey, who didn't even know what the tax day was wants to say that..

Interesting

And Art 4 Sec 3 makes it quite clear that the federal government for We the People governs national lands. Not you. Not the locals. Not the states.

Evidently not since that has been federally owned land for 200 years

Read Article IV Sec 3 and educate yourself.

And Art 4 Sec 3 makes it quite clear that the federal government for We the People governs national lands. Not you. Not the locals. Not the states.

Your repeating nonsense again.

"The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state."

The authority applies to claims existing at the time of admission, not in perpetuity. Once admitted, a state is a state. I understand that various courts have found otherwise, but they are in error.

Read Article IV Sec 3 and educate yourself.

State lands not owned by the federal government at the time of admission are not subject to A4S3.

"The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state."

The authority applies to claims existing at the time of admission, not in perpetuity. Once admitted, a state is a state. I understand that various courts have found otherwise, but they are in error.
Perpetuity is a made up nonsense. Once a state is a state, it is bound by all contracts it made with the feds to become a state. I understand that you don't understand, but your error is nonnegotiable: it can't be mitigated.

Perpetuity is a made up nonsense. Once a state is a state, it is bound by all contracts it made with the feds to become a state. I understand that you don't understand, but your error is nonnegotiable: it can't be mitigated.

:lmao:

So show me a contract made wherein a state agreed that the federal government may requisition state territory at its whim.

You are talking loonyville again. When the territories petitioned for state hood, they made contracts with the federal government about those matters. Only Texas was exempt and did not give up its lands.

If you want to look up the admission agreements, you can probably find them online.

You are talking loonyville again. When the territories petitioned for state hood, they made contracts with the federal government about those matters. Only Texas was exempt and did not give up its lands.

If you want to look up the admission agreements, you can probably find them online.

Show me the admission agreements for these.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/...monument-bears-ears-utah-gold-butte.html?_r=0
You made the assertion about perpituity and the other nonsense.

I don't have to rebut assertions. You have to provide factual and logical and objective evidence for your assertion. Until you do you are fail and pwnd.

Your affirmation. And I will tell your right now: you can't do it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/...monument-bears-ears-utah-gold-butte.html?_r=0
You made the assertion about perpituity

I made no such assertion. You intimated that such authority exists in perpetuity, where no such authorization exists. If you believe it does, show us where.

You made the assertion about perpituity

I made no such assertion. You intimated that such authority exists in perpetuity, where no such authorization exists. If you believe it does, show us where.
Yes, you did. And until your support your affirmation, all I have to do is point out that you have failed and laugh at you.

The federal government, who represents We the People, owns most of the West.

Not the locals. Not the extraction industries. We the People.

17991812_1633826349980536_2711867128343119536_n.jpg

Show me the constitutional authority for the feds to retain land in a territory granted Statehood.

It IS in the Constitution. For acquisition of DC, forts, monuments, etc. But it's vague. And certainly not in perpetuity and forever within a fully functioning State...
You're correct that it's in the Constitution, but you've cited the wrong Article. Actually, it's in Article IV, Section 3, Clause 2 and not too terribly vague;

I'd say continuing to claim 80% of Nevada and Most of the West does " prejudice any claims of the US or of any particular State" --- wouldn't you? :lol:

Forum List

Back