Who Plans Your Vacations?

We go on about 6 trips a year. Two are business but the business is usually done quickly. Winter vacations are great; the Summer vacay is great. The other two are generally done by looking at the deals airlines are offering and deciding on a reason to go there or not. We went to the Carolina Coast one year. Its magical out there. Another time, we visited the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Equally as majestic. We look to do a cruise next year.

I hate research... and planning... so does he... we have issues.......

You hate going on line and trying to find a bad ass place to hang for a week or two?
I just dont get that.
Shit, fly somewhere, rent a car, tool around.

All booked on the net in an hour or less.

How fuckin' easy can it get?

We go on about 6 trips a year. Two are business but the business is usually done quickly. Winter vacations are great; the Summer vacay is great. The other two are generally done by looking at the deals airlines are offering and deciding on a reason to go there or not. We went to the Carolina Coast one year. Its magical out there. Another time, we visited the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Equally as majestic. We look to do a cruise next year.

You hate going on line and trying to find a bad ass place to hang for a week or two?
I just dont get that.

If we had an unlimited funds, no problem! There is a lot going on in the background... can't be too expensive, BUT needs to be ocean view... needs to have enough to do, and be near a Marina blah blah...

I've always preferred the lake over the beach in the US for long term stays.
Bring the boat and rent a cabin. You get boating,fishing,tubing or skiing,swimming,cruising the lake and if you pick the right lake theirs usually some good restaurants.

I just dont get that.

If we had an unlimited funds, no problem! There is a lot going on in the background... can't be too expensive, BUT needs to be ocean view... needs to have enough to do, and be near a Marina blah blah...

Bring the boat and rent a cabin. You get boating,fishing,tubing or skiing,swimming,cruising the lake and if you pick the right lake theirs usually some good restaurants.
Pick the right lake, and there's fish!!!!!!!

Look into Kemah, Texas. Plenty to do (family wise) and a marina. Key West is also a major blast.

You'd be tired of Kemah in a day.
I guess if you combined Galveston,Kemah and NASA.
About the only reason I go down there is to visit my mom on Tiki Island.

I just dont get that.

Pick the right lake, and there's fish!!!!!!!

It was second on the list.

Moi. Although I can't remember the last time we had a vacation LOL.
We take the daughter back to college later this month, so it's up to me to rent the U Hall, book the hotels, etc.
Thank God for scholarships!!!
Hey- you calling my daughter a minority? :slap:
No, both my lily white GF and my lily white son pay little to nothing to go to school, because they are smart and qualified to be there.

We take the daughter back to college later this month, so it's up to me to rent the U Hall, book the hotels, etc.
No, both my lily white GF and my lily white son pay little to nothing to go to school, because they are smart and qualified to be there.
Maybe it's that damned independent private college that my kid goes to. Those bastards.

Maybe it's that damned independent private college that my kid goes to. Those bastards.
Clown or barber?

Clown or barber?
The Boston Conservatory Music Dance Theater

That deserves a double Brotch Slap. :slap: :slap:

...reserved for only the finest of Brotches.

Funny I should see this thread right now.

I'm currently planning a trip to Europe, hopefully gonna do the Eurail thing for a couple of weeks next year.

I gotta say, Central Europe is cheap.

You or your spouse?
Is it a hassle planning it?
Both .. and no ....

You are lucky! It's a nightmare here! ACK!!! <pulling hair out...>
It always is though.... once we get there it's (usually) fine but the rest ....

I have a suggestion. Let your husband plan the vacation, but with a list of requirements from you.

Write down what you would like and what you will not tolerate. Then tell him to plan the entire thing. Either he will plan a great vacation, with all the things you do or don't want, or the next vacation will be yours to plan.

You or your spouse?
Is it a hassle planning it?
Both .. and no ....

You are lucky! It's a nightmare here! ACK!!! <pulling hair out...>
It always is though.... once we get there it's (usually) fine but the rest ....

I have a suggestion. Let your husband plan the vacation, but with a list of requirements from you.

Write down what you would like and what you will not tolerate. Then tell him to plan the entire thing. Either he will plan a great vacation, with all the things you do or don't want, or the next vacation will be yours to plan.

We kinda-sorta tried that, but he gets frustrated with the process. I do too, but, have a little more patience, BUT, less time... I think we are just going to wing it (thankfully!)

Forum List

Back