Who REALLY wanted to shut down the government?

Are you talking about the insurrectionist guy who tried to stop a Congressional vote?
I'm talking about New York Representative Bowman...someone who pulled a fire alarm to interrupt an official proceeding...a charge that's put dozens of conservative protesters in prison for years simply because they were inside of the Capitol Building! What's good for the goose probably will NOT be good for the gander under this DOJ! Bowman will get lip service and a slap on the wrist. If it were a conservative member of Congress? They'd be getting charged to the max.

ALL Democrats voted to keep the Government open
A small group of Republicans who hate this country voted to shut it down
Its long past time to vote on many programs separately. This is what huge government does. Promises made for social security that people have paid into from politicians in the 1980's were lies. We were supposed to have another half century before there would be an issue with the program. Medicare is not in great shape and most likely needs huge increases. And the COLA for this year appears to be way under the real inflation as to cheap people and save money.

The same Democrats that resorted to pulling a fire alarm so that the vote to keep the government open wouldn't be held? Your talking point is falling flat on it's face, Jack! It's obvious that Democrats want to use shut downs as a political weapon and they don't care who gets hurt when they're doing it!
Well, if pulling the alarm was egregious then fine him. I don't care.
But, instead of giving Democrats a little breathing room to you know, actually read the bill, they tried to jam it through..and he STILL needed Democrats to help him do that.
And then, commits career seppuku by trashing the very Democrats who helped him avoid the shutdown.

What talking point???
REPUBLICANS were intent on shutting down the government.
I didn't hear any Democrats say they wanted things shut down.

Well, if pulling the alarm was egregious then fine him. I don't care.
But, instead of giving Democrats a little breathing room to you know, actually read the bill, they tried to jam it through..and he STILL needed Democrats to help him do that.
And then, commits career seppuku by trashing the very Democrats who helped him avoid the shutdown.

What talking point???
REPUBLICANS were intent on shutting down the government.
I didn't hear any Democrats say they wanted things shut down.
You didn't have to HEAR them, Jack! You simply need to look at the video of Rep. Bowman pulling that fire alarm! You want him fined? How about expelled from Congress for impeding government?

Republicans always either shut down the Government or threaten to ever non-election year

They can’t pass their agenda through traditional Congressional votes so they threaten shutdowns or debt default to pass their agenda or else
People used to think the earth was flat, too. Then reality.

You didn't have to HEAR them, Jack! You simply need to look at the video of Rep. Bowman pulling that fire alarm! You want him fined? How about expelled from Congress for impeding government?
So what? What does this have to do with shutting the government down? He was buying more time to look at the bill Republicans had jammed in front of them.

If you don't like it..fine him. :)

I answered your question in the Title. Are you claiming that the MAGA cult wasn't trying to shut down the government?
When Bowman pulled that fire alarm, Candy...HE was trying to shut down the government after Republicans had passed a resolution to fund it! So take your "MAGA" nonsense and put it where the sun don't shine! That was Democrats playing games with people's lives...not Republicans! That Rep should be serving time in jail for what he did...but he won't because our DOJ is a joke at this point! If you're a conservative...you're a "threat to democracy" but if you're a liberal...you're above the law!

When Bowman pulled that fire alarm, Candy...HE was trying to shut down the government after Republicans had passed a resolution to fund it! So take your "MAGA" nonsense and put it where the sun don't shine! That was Democrats playing games with people's lives...not Republicans! That Rep should be serving time in jail for what he did...but he won't because our DOJ is a joke at this point! If you're a conservative...you're a "threat to democracy" but if you're a liberal...you're above the law!
Your argument is comical. It would be like saying a guy who turned off the light switch in the chamber was trying to "shut down the government". Stop making yourself into a joke.

1696676480587.png

Forum List

Back