Who Should Have The Right To Vote?

Their point is that poor people should not be allowed to vote for people who give them "free stuff". But wealthy people who get more "free stuff" than anyone else are looked at as the ideal voter

Wealthy people pay taxes,and most dont get shit back. Enlighten me,what do I get back for my tax dollars?
People on welfare pay nothing.

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules

The wealthy get back significantly more than they pay in. Unlike the poor who receive money directly to pay for food, housing and medical care, the wealthy receive payment in the form of government infrastructure, incentives, labor laws, environmental laws all constructed to ensure that wealth continues to flow to the highest levels

What a crock of shit.
You keep telling me how much I get back from my gov. Again...enlighten me so I can use this ill gotten wealth that appears ....nowhere.

I don't really know you but:

Did you or your kids attend a public school or university
Did you get a tax write off for your home or children?
Do you receive police and fire protection?
Do you have open access to public roads and infrastructure?

So what? What does this even mean?

It means you have some serious literacy issues

We've come a long way in this country. At the start, voting laws were determined on a state by state basis. Many required land ownership for voting rights. Women and colored people were not necessarily excluded since they too have been landowners since well before the start of this country. The concept was that those who had no investment in this country should have no say in in our government, a concept not without merit.

These days it seems we've accepted this idiotic notion that everyone should be able to vote. It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the toils of the producers in this country.

So here's my proposal. Zero liability voters should be banned!

That's right. If you're a net consumer of government, you don't get to vote. It's perfectly fair since I'm the one paying taxes to fund your entitlements. This doesn't include people on Social Security. They paid into that and they deserve to draw from it. That isn't welfare.

But for those of you who pay ZERO taxes, who are on welfare, foodstamps, or disability, I don't hate you, I have no animosity toward you, but I don't think you should have the right to vote in this country.

Who should be allowed to vote, IMO, only those with an IQ above 110.

Are candidates required to have an IQ above 110?

Who in their right mind can disagree with this?
If you have no skin in the game you wont do whats right for the country,only that which will further enrich you at the cost of the tax payer.
It's a no brainer really.
Everyone who lives here has skin in the game. The idea that renters aren't tax payers is false, the taxes are factored into the rents, or aren't people supposed to be able to figure that out.
If you have no skin in the game you wont do whats right for the country,only that which will further enrich you at the cost of the tax payer.
Everyone who lives here has skin in the game. The idea that renters aren't tax payers is false, the taxes are factored into the rents, or aren't people supposed to be able to figure that out.

Sure renters pay taxes. My beef is with people who exist solely on welfare.
They should not be able to vote themselves largess from the tax payers.

What if some crazy liberal policy forced them on welfare, do you really want to take away their voice in fixing the policy?

Should rich people who pay zero taxes be permitted to vote? People with large amounts of debt? Where does this foolishness end?

I'll pass on the apartheid, thanks. Too much of a slippery slope to regulate and too much government interferance.

What happened to small government?

Their point is that poor people should not be allowed to vote for people who give them "free stuff". But wealthy people who get more "free stuff" than anyone else are looked at as the ideal voter

Wealthy people pay taxes,and most dont get shit back. Enlighten me,what do I get back for my tax dollars?

The wealthy get back significantly more than they pay in. Unlike the poor who receive money directly to pay for food, housing and medical care, the wealthy receive payment in the form of government infrastructure, incentives, labor laws, environmental laws all constructed to ensure that wealth continues to flow to the highest levels

What a crock of shit.
You keep telling me how much I get back from my gov. Again...enlighten me so I can use this ill gotten wealth that appears ....nowhere.

Dont have kids,never used the police or fire dept,I pay for those roads and infrastructure.
People who subsist on welfare pay none of those taxes.

Should rich people who pay zero taxes be permitted to vote? People with large amounts of debt? Where does this foolishness end?

I'll pass on the apartheid, thanks. Too much of a slippery slope to regulate and too much government interferance.

What happened to small government?

No, they do pay "something." They pay state taxes in the form of the (6% for example in MD) state sales tax that most states have. Furthermore, anyone who owns a car pays money to the MVA and the tax on the car itself. Not all low-income people avoid paying tax, some pay more than some millionaires who avoid taxes altogether.

If I were to give you two thousand bucks to buy my BBQ pit,did you pay for it?

What if some crazy liberal policy forced them on welfare, do you really want to take away their voice in fixing the policy?

Tough shit. You can bet they voted the dumb asses into office in the first place.
And why is it that the vast majority have jobs regardless of crappy lib policies?

I paid $106K last year in federal income tax alone. There is simply noway I received $106K worth of government from the federal government. So put some of my extra towards someone who didn't pay federal income tax so they can vote.

What a crock of shit.

Dont have kids,never used the police or fire dept,I pay for those roads and infrastructure.

Did you attend public schools? Did you pay for every road or bridge that you use or just benefit from those roads and bridges that others had paid for. You don't benefit from having police in your community? Who checks the safety of the food and drugs you use or the air you breathe?

Tough shit. You can bet they voted the dumb asses into office in the first place.
And why is it that the vast majority have jobs regardless of crappy lib policies?
Please, please, please... convince you favorite politicians to take up you cause...please.

What a crock of shit.

Did you attend public schools? Did you pay for every road or bridge that you use or just benefit from those roads and bridges that others had paid for. You don't benefit from having police in your community? Who checks the safety of the food and drugs you use or the air you breathe?

Yep and I'm paying for my public school education myself since I have no children.
And yes I paid for part of those bridges,and the police who patrol my neighborhood,and all those other gov services.
People on welfare pay for none of it.

Please, please, please... convince you favorite politicians to take up you cause...please.

So you're fine with people who pay nothing to support society voting themselves more money even though they dont contribute?

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

We're living on borrowed time.....

So you're fine with people who pay nothing to support society voting themselves more money even though they dont contribute?

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

1 Most of the poor don't come out and vote (less than just about any group) so their voices are already underrepresented (by themselves).
2 We are a republic not a direct democracy.

What a crock of shit.

Yep and I'm paying for my public school education myself since I have no children.
And yes I paid for part of those bridges,and the police who patrol my neighborhood,and all those other gov services.

You still receive a benefit in excess of what you paid. Public schools cost much more than the taxes you paid into them. Public infrastructure, safety and security also cost much more than you are paying in.

1 Most of the poor don't come out and vote (less than just about any group) so their voices are already underrepresented (by themselves).
2 We are a republic not a direct democracy.

That doesnt make the message any less relevant.

What a crock of shit.

You still receive a benefit in excess of what you paid. Public schools cost much more than the taxes you paid into them. Public infrastructure, safety and security also cost much more than you are paying in.

Sorry my parents paid once already,now I'm paying.
Those on welfare who benefit from my taxes PAY NOTHING for the services you mentioned.
And you'd have to be a dumbass to think any one person pays for a bridge,road or a fighter jet. We're all in this together ...well some of us anyway.

We've come a long way in this country. At the start, voting laws were determined on a state by state basis. Many required land ownership for voting rights. Women and colored people were not necessarily excluded since they too have been landowners since well before the start of this country. The concept was that those who had no investment in this country should have no say in in our government, a concept not without merit.

These days it seems we've accepted this idiotic notion that everyone should be able to vote. It's created a serious conflict of interest when people dependent on government are able to vote to increase and sustain such dependence extorting the toils of the producers in this country.

So here's my proposal. Zero liability voters should be banned!

That's right. If you're a net consumer of government, you don't get to vote. It's perfectly fair since I'm the one paying taxes to fund your entitlements. This doesn't include people on Social Security. They paid into that and they deserve to draw from it. That isn't welfare.

But for those of you who pay ZERO taxes, who are on welfare, foodstamps, or disability, I don't hate you, I have no animosity toward you, but I don't think you should have the right to vote in this country.

Who should be allowed to vote, IMO, only those with an IQ above 110.
Does that mean your IQ is 111? Why have any arbitrary limits on voting beyond age? Disinterested citizens tend not to vote anyway, it takes care of itself.

Arbitrary is right. Restricting voting based on arbitrary qualifiers such as IQ is pointless and cruel. My argument is not the least bit arbitrary because it's based on people's investment in the country. Those who subsist off the labors of others should not have the power to vote to sustain and increase what they can plunder from their neighbors. It's a very simple concept.

What about a farmer who receives crop subsidies or artificial price supports? Should he be allowed to vote for the largess?
What about a corporate executive who is receiving huge subsidies?

Last edited:

Those on welfare who benefit from my taxes PAY NOTHING for the services you mentioned.
And you'd have to be a dumbass to think any one person pays for a bridge,road or a fighter jet. We're all in this together ...well some of us anyway.
You claim you receive nothing for the taxes you pay

Do you own a home?

You claim you receive nothing for the taxes you pay

Do you own a home?

Yeah..paid cash for it. And I pay property taxes on it.
The point you're trying to make is an utter failure.

Forum List

Back