Who should Trump blame for Obamacare repeal failure?

Who is to blame for the failure to repeal Obamacare

• Total voters
Obamacare is to blame for the failure to repeal Obamacare - the freggin thing is just too good compared to alternatives.

husband and wife jump to their deaths in Manhattan

over the high cost of "Affordable Care"

Parents jump to their deaths after spiralling finacial woes: Chiropractor and and wife in their fifties leap from 17-story Manhattan office building leaving their children behind
  • Chiropractor Glenn Scarpelli and his wife Patricia, ages 53 and 50, have been identified as the couple who jumped to their deaths from a Manhattan office building early Friday morning
  • In suicide notes, the couple said that they had found themselves in a 'financial spiral' and asked that their children be cared for
  • The suicide letter was titled 'We had a wonderful life'

The couple left behind suicide notes in a ziploc bag, that also included their IDs. Police have not released their names yet, but a photo obtained by the New York Post shows part of the letter, and it identifies the woman as Patricia. The note was titled 'We had a wonderful life'.

A law enforcement source who spoke with the Post said the woman's note said: 'Our kids are upstairs, please take care of them'.

The man left one behind too, which read: 'We both have medical issues, we just can't afford the health care.'

New York couple commit suicide 'over health care costs' | Daily Mail Online

First and foremost the blame of Obamacare, IMO rest on Obama's shoulders. Why?
Because he withdrew himself. He was only involved as a spokesperson. He handed the reigns over to Pelosi and Reed and the rest of the vipers within the houses.
And we got legislature that, for the most part, robbed the pockets of the middle earners to finance coverage for the poor. No matter how you swing it, a "plan" with a $7000 deductible is NOT HEALTH INSURANCE.
It is catastrophic care with a full coverage plan price ticket. If you apply those standards then overwhelmingly more people lost "coverage" than got it. Period. Small businesses dropped out of the market and a LOT of people lost their employer-based plans (I am one of them).

Along with doing nothing to address the real problems in our system. Obamacare is a failure.
So, the question rightwinger should have asked - Whose fault is it that the failed plan wasn't replaced?

Parents jump to their deaths after spiralling finacial woes: Chiropractor and and wife in their fifties leap from 17-story Manhattan office building leaving their children behind
  • Chiropractor Glenn Scarpelli and his wife Patricia, ages 53 and 50, have been identified as the couple who jumped to their deaths from a Manhattan office building early Friday morning
  • In suicide notes, the couple said that they had found themselves in a 'financial spiral' and asked that their children be cared for

The couple left behind suicide notes in a ziploc bag, that also included their IDs. Police have not released their names yet, but a photo obtained by the New York Post shows part of the letter, and it identifies the woman as Patricia. The note was titled 'We had a wonderful life'.

A law enforcement source who spoke with the Post said the woman's note said: 'Our kids are upstairs, please take care of them'.

The man left one behind too, which read: 'We both have medical issues, we just can't afford the health care.'

Bullshit, anyone who lives in Manhattan is not jumping from building because of costs....jumping to suburbs because of costs is more like it.

Can you find a quote that in 2017 Democrats do not want any changes to the ACA?
Too late. The plans people liked they couldn't keep even though Obamacare's namesake promised they could, 19 times or so. They were cancelled.

Stop the bullshit. anyone who lives in Manhattan is not jumping because of costs.

that is the note they left so fuck you

First and foremost the blame of Obamacare, IMO rest on Obama's shoulders. Why?
Because he withdrew himself. He was only involved as a spokesperson. He handed the reigns over to Pelosi and Reed and the rest of the vipers within the houses.
And we got legislature that, for the most part, robbed the pockets of the middle earners to finance coverage for the poor. No matter how you swing it, a "plan" with a $7000 deductible is NOT HEALTH INSURANCE.
It is catastrophic care with a full coverage plan price ticket. If you apply those standards then overwhelmingly more people lost "coverage" than got it. Period. Small businesses dropped out of the market and a LOT of people lost their employer-based plans (I am one of them).

Along with doing nothing to address the real problems in our system. Obamacare is a failure.
So, the question rightwinger should have asked - Whose fault is it that the failed plan wasn't replaced?

So, whose fault is it that the 'failed' plan wasn't replaced?

Too late. The plans people liked they couldn't keep even though Obamacare's namesake promised they could, 19 times or so. They were cancelled.

Sorry, you made a claim, it was this:

/----/ Dems say Obozocare is perfectly fine the way it is.

And now I'm asking you to back up the claim. In 2017, what Democrats were not open to changes in the ACA?

I'm not going argue the merits of ObamaCare or any of the GOP Bills that could not get passed through the Senate. Nor even the process that looks pretty dysfunctional right now, with Trump and the GOP looking like crap with egg all over themselves. Might be worth a reminder though that the Dems had a lot of trouble getting the ACA done too, took them a whole year and a filibuster proof Senate. Nevertheless, here we are now with a healthcare system that by all accounts SUCKS, relative to the money that goes into it. Some on the Left might say it's still better than what we had before, but others might question that. Or at least suggest that the improvement has not matched the increase in spending on healthcare, both public and private.

Still, that is the drawback of a democratic republic; it ain't easy to arrive at good, common sense solutions, especially in the politically divided climate that we have these days. I dunno if this President and Congress can do a tax reform bill or much of anything else that'll be of much significance. No telling how this will all shake out in next year's election, but I would expect some GOP senators and House members to face tough questions in their primaries, although at least the House has at least done SOMETHING. How well it will play out remains to be seen, maybe one or more Chambers may flip Blue. Don't know that it'll make much difference.

Final point - in a democratic republic such as this it can take awhile to do the really hard stuff, and the right answer to health care in this country is hard stuff. Very few other issues can personally touch more people, and it's a big deal. I think we've gotta do better than what we have now with the ACA, with it's mandates it has proven to be ineffective and fixing it is not the answer. The simple truth is that the ACA required too many young and healthies to pay for insurance that they do not want, and there's something antithetical about forcing people to but something they don't want. The Dems won't admit it, but it is too flawed; we're going to need something else. I expect many on the Left will push for Single Payer and lie like hell about the cost. The GOP can't seem to agree on anything, in my view they'd be better off creating a bi-partisan commission to arrive at solutions to improve healthcare and put whatever they come up with to an immediate vote. Maybe we go that route, maybe not but it looks like it'll be awhile (years) before a better answer is implemented. That's just the way it goes in a country like ours.
Before Obama care: I could go to a Doctor the visit was 50 bucks now its 125.00 before my medication was 79 now its 366.00. Something is wrong in this world and they wonder why people have to go to Mexico for Medications? Wages = inflation medical drugs and cost = less money to the family.

Okay, I know this loss is very new and the disappointment is still raw, but I'm only giving you the weekend to accept facts and stop pointing fingers.
Pointing fingers is NOT going to fix healthcare. This is serious stuff. Tell your reps, no matter which stripe, to get cracking. ALL of them.

Trump owns healthcare in this country.
" Let Obamacare implode."
He continues to show disdain for the American people because he can't handle losing.
Losing badly..

Stop the bullshit. anyone who lives in Manhattan is not jumping because of costs.

that is the note they left so fuck you

Do you have any idea how much ling in Manhattan costs?? healthcare is peanuts by comparison what real estate sucks up. They were suicidal, that's why they jumped - this anecdote has zero policy implication.

But even if we go along with the premise ACA would HELP, not hurt, aging people in financial straights with pre-existing conditions.

Okay, I know this loss is very new and the disappointment is still raw, but I'm only giving you the weekend to accept facts and stop pointing fingers.
Pointing fingers is NOT going to fix healthcare. This is serious stuff. Tell your reps, no matter which stripe, to get cracking. ALL of them.

Get government out of it....period

Unfortunately I'm doubtful Congress is getting many calls to work with the other side.

At some point politics have got to give way to some sort of sane policy.

Sorry, you made a claim, it was this:

/----/ Dems say Obozocare is perfectly fine the way it is.

And now I'm asking you to back up the claim. In 2017, what Democrats were not open to changes in the ACA?
WTF are you talking about? The only claim I made is that millions who thought they could keep their health care plan because Obama said so, couldn't. He lied.

Get government out of it....period

Simple (and woefully inadequate) solutions for the simple minds.

Can you name one place in the world were no-government-involvement made for good healthcare? Because I can tell you about countries with excellent healthcare at a fraction of what we spend, they all have pretty heavy government participation.

I'm not going argue the merits of ObamaCare or any of the GOP Bills that could not get passed through the Senate. Nor even the process that looks pretty dysfunctional right now, with Trump and the GOP looking like crap with egg all over themselves. Might be worth a reminder though that the Dems had a lot of trouble getting the ACA done too, took them a whole year and a filibuster proof Senate. Nevertheless, here we are now with a healthcare system that by all accounts SUCKS, relative to the money that goes into it. Some on the Left might say it's still better than what we had before, but others might question that. Or at least suggest that the improvement has not matched the increase in spending on healthcare, both public and private.

Still, that is the drawback of a democratic republic; it ain't easy to arrive at good, common sense solutions, especially in the politically divided climate that we have these days. I dunno if this President and Congress can do a tax reform bill or much of anything else that'll be of much significance. No telling how this will all shake out in next year's election, but I would expect some GOP senators and House members to face tough questions in their primaries, although at least the House has at least done SOMETHING. How well it will play out remains to be seen, maybe one or more Chambers may flip Blue. Don't know that it'll make much difference.

Final point - in a democratic republic such as this it can take awhile to do the really hard stuff, and the right answer to health care in this country is hard stuff. Very few other issues can personally touch more people, and it's a big deal. I think we've gotta do better than what we have now with the ACA, with it's mandates it has proven to be ineffective and fixing it is not the answer. The simple truth is that the ACA required too many young and healthies to pay for insurance that they do not want, and there's something antithetical about forcing people to but something they don't want. The Dems won't admit it, but it is too flawed; we're going to need something else. I expect many on the Left will push for Single Payer and lie like hell about the cost. The GOP can't seem to agree on anything, in my view they'd be better off creating a bi-partisan commission to arrive at solutions to improve healthcare and put whatever they come up with to an immediate vote. Maybe we go that route, maybe not but it looks like it'll be awhile (years) before a better answer is implemented. That's just the way it goes in a country like ours.
Before Obama care: I could go to a Doctor the visit was 50 bucks now its 125.00 before my medication was 79 now its 366.00. Something is wrong in this world and they wonder why people have to go to Mexico for Medications? Wages = inflation medical drugs and cost = less money to the family.
Dan, that's not Obamacare's fault. The huge rises in health care costs like the ones you mention are what Obamacare was supposed to help stop. Didn't work. That IS the crux of the problem, but I don't think anyone in D.C. has the will to tackle it.

Forum List

Back