Who supports removing the second amendment?

The 2nd basically says that the govt isn't allowed to have ANY say in who can or can't have a gun.

This drives the liberals nuts-o, since they believe government should have a say in everything.

That pesky "well regulated militia" part has to be taken seriously.

Otherwise, keep the second as it is. But make sure gun owners, importers, manufacturers and sellers stop selling weapons that belong in a well regulated milita, not on the streets.

"Well-regulated militia" is redundant now. It came when the Founders didn't want a fulltime standing army for the country but an all-reserve type force.
There are weapons that belong in the hands of the citizens. And there are weapons that belong in the hands of a well regulated militia and our standing armed forces.
Where in the Constitution does it say that?
Where can I get a thermonuclear device? Where can I get a rocket propelled grenade launcher? Where's your howitzer?

And why on earth would a citizen, in an unregulated militia absolutely need a gun that can fire twenty rounds a second? Or twenty rounds in ten seconds for that matter? Is that weapon used for sport?
Nukes fall into their area, they are not guns. The Howitzer can be bought and I THINK you could get a grenade launcher. I KNOW you can get a mortar launcher. I was looking those a few years back.

Class III NFA Silencers & Suppressors

Otherwise, keep the second as it is. But make sure gun owners, importers, manufacturers and sellers stop selling weapons that belong in a well regulated milita, not on the streets.

Why?

It's not pertinent to the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
It most definitely is! Read the amendment and tell me you did't see that very phrase.
Hey did you know, we are ALL the militia?
Especially veterans. Retired personnel are subject to recall up to age 75. Used to be 55 for enlisted and 65 for officers but now its 75 for all. I lost my eligibility last December when I turned 75, dammit! Maybe I can lie about my age when the balloon goes up.

Why?

It most definitely is! Read the amendment and tell me you did't see that very phrase.

No we aren't. An unregulated militia is no militia at all.
You're posting nonsense.

Every able-bodied citizen belongs to the militia.

And I'm willing to bet you're using the term "regulate" differently than the author(s) of the 2nd used the term.

Why?

Wrong. Retired military and other veterans can be recalled. That's being regulated.

Why?

No, actually we are not all the Militia, anymore.

At the time the Constitution was written, all men, of fighting age, were the Militia, not women or children, and this was because our government did not have a Standing Army, and the Militia would be called up, from the armed citizenry.... it is NOTHING AT ALL like it was when the constitution was written.... Now we have a Standing Army and Standing Air Force and Standing Marine Corp, etc etc etc and Standing Navy and Coast Guard and National Guard etc... THEY are the Militia, and the Military can arm themselves with grenades and nukes, and drones and bombers etc, but we the people are restricted of such or have further restrictions on such/licenses, because we are no longer relied on with our own Muskets, to fight in Wars.

This does not negate our right to bear arms, for food and safety, but we can not own weapons such as nukes....meant for the Militia.

Last edited:

Why?

Four of your beer buddies riding around in a Dodge Durango ain't anywhere near "well regulated".
They are quite likely part of the militia.

Lets see how many honest libs we have on this board? At least 4 in another couple threads admitted they wanted to do away with everyone's rights under the 2nd. meanwhile a couple more claimed NO ONE ever said that.
You people really over blow this "banning all guns" crap and I don't get why. I guess it makes it easier to demonize the left by wanting to believe it is only made up of tree hugging extremists. The large majority of Americans do not want to abolish the 2nd amendment. Most gun control advocates such as myself simply want the 2nd amendment regulated with strict background checks and ending the gun show loophole. The fact that you people can't at all compromise on this issue makes you come across as toddlers.

"Well-regulated militia" is redundant now. It came when the Founders didn't want a fulltime standing army for the country but an all-reserve type force.
There are weapons that belong in the hands of the citizens. And there are weapons that belong in the hands of a well regulated militia and our standing armed forces.
Where in the Constitution does it say that?
Where can I get a thermonuclear device? Where can I get a rocket propelled grenade launcher? Where's your howitzer?

And why on earth would a citizen, in an unregulated militia absolutely need a gun that can fire twenty rounds a second? Or twenty rounds in ten seconds for that matter? Is that weapon used for sport?
Nukes fall into their area, they are not guns. The Howitzer can be bought and I THINK you could get a grenade launcher. I KNOW you can get a mortar launcher. I was looking those a few years back.

Class III NFA Silencers & Suppressors
A 200 dolllar tax stamp and 100 bucks for the add on and MAYBE 50 to have your local plumber tap the barrel.

Why?

Wrong. Retired military and other veterans can be recalled. That's being regulated.
Except JoeB...

Unless we can give him to the other team...:badgrin:

All the weapons shown are not available to the public ever.
Bullshit...

Get a federal firearms permit...

As a matter of fact, there's a private range right outside the South gate of Ft Knox where you can fire them all day long (as long as you can afford the ammo)...

Actually, no, that is not correct. There are zero, not a single example of any fully-automatic weapon made after 1986 that is LEGALLY owned by anyone but the government.
But pre1986 are legal...
Nope no fully automatic weapon is available for sale to the public.
You liberals sure like to lie. FULL autos? NO problem, got one myself.
FOR MORE INFO
Machine Guns (book) by Peter...
Price: $20

Machine Guns (book) by Peter Kokalis
Tags: Book
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt 9MM SMG
Price: $33,025

Colt 9MM SMG (NIB) with Accessories
Tags: M16
SOLD
Colt M16
Price: $25,775

Colt M16 Factory Carbine in Excellent Condition
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

Colt M16 A1 Factory Carbine in Excellent Condition

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1
Price: $25,000

Colt M16 A1
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1 Factory Carbine
Price: $25,525

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 in Excellent Condition
Price: $17,695

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 Conversion Carbine
Price: $18,250

Colt SP1 Conversion Carbine by Neal Smith
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt US Marked M16 A2...

Colt US Marked M16 A2 NIB with Accessories
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A2 Factory Flattop
Price: $30,925

Colt M16 A2 Factory Flattop Heavy Barrel (NIB)
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M4
Price: $1,575

Colt M4 AR15 NIB in excellent condition
Tags: AR15/M16

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15
Price: $17,525

Colt SP1 AR15 in excellent condition
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

Colt SP1 AR15 in Excellet Condition
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1 New In Box
Price: $27,025

Colt M16A1 New In Box With Accessories
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1

Colt M16A1 carbine in excellent condition.
Tags: M16, M16A1

SOLD
Olympic M16 Conversion by Neal...
Price: $16,725

Olympic M16 Conversion by Neal Smith
SOLD
Colt Model 614
Price: $20,495

Colt Model 614 factory full-auto
Tags: Colt, M16, M614
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
AR15/M16 Beta 2 mag new...
Price: $269

AR15/M16 Beta mag new in box.
Tags: AR15, M16, Magazine
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Rock River AR15 Lower Receiver
Price: $130

Rock River forged AR receiver brand new.
Tags: AR15

After being caught in so many lies, now you claim to own a fully automatic weapon. While it is against the law to have any public record of most firearms, Machine guns, short shotguns, etc are very regulated and tracked. If you did own one of those (we all know you don't) it would be easy enough to verify. Just give your proof of certification, and you can easily prevent exposing this latest lie.

Four of your beer buddies riding around in a Dodge Durango ain't anywhere near "well regulated".

Don't hand me that! Adam Lanza wasn't 'militia'.
Wow, didn't you know you can get a permit for a REAL gun???
View attachment 51390 View attachment 51391 View attachment 51392
To serve what purpose?
If true, it's just a crime.

Why?

At the time the Constitution was written, all men, of fighting age, were the Militia, not women or children, and this was because our government did not have a Standing Army, and the Militia would be called up, from the armed citizenry.... it is NOTHING AT ALL like it was when the constitution was written.... Now we have a Standing Army and Standing Air Force and Standing Marine Corp, etc etc etc and Standing Navy and Coast Guard and National Guard etc... THEY are the Militia, and the Military can arm themselves with grenades and nukes, and drones and bombers etc, but we the people are restricted of such or have further restrictions on such/licenses, because we are no longer relied on with our own Muskets, to fight in Wars.

This does not negate our right to bear arms, for food and safety, but we can not own weapons such as nukes....meant for the Militia.

What Is a Well-Regulated Militia?

So, what did “well-regulated” mean circa 1787?

It meant, simply, well-trained and equipped.

The men who wrote and approved the Second Amendment desired that every yeoman farmer – every able-bodied man – know how to handle a gun for self-defense of himself, his family and his country. And more, they believed he had every right to do these things."

Lets see how many honest libs we have on this board? At least 4 in another couple threads admitted they wanted to do away with everyone's rights under the 2nd. meanwhile a couple more claimed NO ONE ever said that.
You people really over blow this "banning all guns" crap and I don't get why. I guess it makes it easier to demonize the left by wanting to believe it is only made up of tree hugging extremists. The large majority of Americans do not want to abolish the 2nd amendment. Most gun control advocates such as myself simply want the 2nd amendment regulated with strict background checks and ending the gun show loophole. The fact that you people can't at all compromise on this issue makes you come across as toddlers.
And how do you propose we regulate the 1st Amendment with strict regulations regarding harmful content?

Bullshit...

As a matter of fact, there's a private range right outside the South gate of Ft Knox where you can fire them all day long (as long as you can afford the ammo)...

Actually, no, that is not correct. There are zero, not a single example of any fully-automatic weapon made after 1986 that is LEGALLY owned by anyone but the government.
But pre1986 are legal...
FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt 9MM SMG

SOLD
Colt M16

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

Colt M16 A1
CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt US Marked M16 A2...

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M4

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1 New In Box

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1

SOLD

SOLD
Colt Model 614

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

After being caught in so many lies, now you claim to own a fully automatic weapon. While it is against the law to have any public record of most firearms, Machine guns, short shotguns, etc are very regulated and tracked. If you did own one of those (we all know you don't) it would be easy enough to verify. Just give your proof of certification, and you can easily prevent exposing this latest lie.
I do NOT nor would I ever suggest ANY member post personal info on this site.

To serve what purpose?
Bullshit...

But pre1986 are legal...
Nonsense. I've attended an auction where fully automatic weapons were for sale to the public.

Sorry about your luck.

Bullshit...

But pre1986 are legal...
FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt 9MM SMG

SOLD
Colt M16

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

Colt M16 A1
CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt US Marked M16 A2...

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M4

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1 New In Box

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1

SOLD

SOLD
Colt Model 614

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

It's against forum rules to fish for personal information.

But pre1986 are legal...
FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt 9MM SMG

SOLD
Colt M16

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16 A1

Colt M16 A1
CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt US Marked M16 A2...

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M4

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt SP1 AR15

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1 New In Box

CLICK FOR MORE INFO
Colt M16A1

SOLD

SOLD
Colt Model 614

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

I do NOT nor would I ever suggest ANY member post personal info on this site.

You do NOT nor would anyone ever suggest that you have any credibility. You lie when the truth would suit you better.

Why?

What Is a Well-Regulated Militia?

So, what did “well-regulated” mean circa 1787?

It meant, simply, well-trained and equipped.

The men who wrote and approved the Second Amendment desired that every yeoman farmer – every able-bodied man – know how to handle a gun for self-defense of himself, his family and his country. And more, they believed he had every right to do these things."
He does have a right to defend himself and family, but the Nation can not force him to defend the Country with his private arms, in today's world. We have a Military, made up of volunteers at the moment....and the Militia/Military has it's own weapons that we spend hundreds of billions of tax dollars on each year.

Forum List

Back