Who would you trust to investigate Biden's failed withdrawl?

That is exactly why the trusted investigator is so critical.

They are our unbiased eyes and ears that can deliberate over classified operational data without the need for widespread release...which makes the question even more prudent...

Who is left that all the public trust to give a fair, impartial judgement to the People as to what led to this failure?
There is no such thing. The Public is comprised of uninformed idiots and more and more are just playing a team game that will always oppose anything that favors the other side. As soon as one side supports something the other will automatically oppose it. Thats the sad state we are in.

Trump did more than set the date. He freed twice as many captured Taliban fighters than he left behind in US troops. During Trumps surrender negotiations the Afghans and their Army were shut out of talks. So it's no wonder that they folded so quickly.

No, he set the date to get us out of there. O let the current taliban leader out in 2014. This evacuation and extended date is all on biden. The afghans had 16 years of training to fight back and they relied on us for their freedom. They folded like wet paper bags when it came time to dance. This didn't happen all of a sudden.

I trust no one.

Democrats will lie and hide and cover up everything they can as to not look bad. Anyone they hire to do with will be corrupt. They are also in control right now, so even congress can't be trusted.

Republicans hate them as much as they are hated by Democrats so they will contaminate everything with their bias as well.

Basically I assume any investigation would be very misrepresented from either direction.

There is no such thing.

That was my point.

As soon as one side supports something the other will automatically oppose it.

You mean...as a random and totally unrelated example...how Mac1958 would defend Biden in the same situation that he would unambiguous and unmitigatedly skewer Trump for without remorse?

In all seriousness...I agree with your conclusion that the two sides will turn on a dime and argue the exact opposite position within days of vigorously and vehemently defending the position that their political opponents have now been force to adopted...if the political advantage is sufficient.
Thats the sad state we are in.

The question becomes...is it possible to extricate ourselves from this course?

From my perspective the answer is no.

Last edited:
Let’s do an internal hoax whitewash thing like they did for Babbits murderer.

That was my point.

You mean...as a random and totally unrelated example...how Mac1958 would defend Biden in the same situation that he would unambiguous and unmitigatedly skewer Trump for without remorse?

In all seriousness...I agree with your conclusion that the two sides will turn on a dime and argue the exact opposite position within days of vigorously and vehemently defending the position that there political opponents have now been force to adopted...if the political advantage is sufficient.

I agree. The answer is no

I agree. The answer is no
Care to sharing your prognostications for the future based to this opinion.

So as not to be asking you to put yourself out on a limb to be cut off behind you...I'll start with a quotation from the Bible contained within Lincoln's Gettysburg Address...

"Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, 'Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.'" - Matthew 12:25

Or...more succinctly...

"If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." - Mark 3:25

(Got to get some work done...be back on after the sun goes down)

That was my point.

In all seriousness...I agree with your conclusion that the two sides will turn on a dime and argue the exact opposite position within days of vigorously and vehemently defending the position that their political opponents have now been force to adopted...if the political advantage is sufficient.

But I'm not defending him. That's only happening in your mind. There is nothing I can do about that.

But I'm not defending him. That's only happening in your mind. There is nothing I can do about that.
Of course you're not. You're treating his failure exactly the same way you would have treated Trump under similar circumstances. We can all see that. :wink_2: :wink_2: <wink wink>

Last edited:
Investigate?

What the hell is there to investigate? There is not a lot of question about what has happened. We already know what we need to know.

Care to sharing your prognostications for the future based to this opinion.

So as not to be asking you to put yourself out on a limb to be cut off behind you...I'll start with a quotation from the Bible contained within Lincoln's Gettysburg Address...

"Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, 'Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.'" - Matthew 12:25

Or...more succinctly...

"If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." - Mark 3:25

(Got to get some work done...be back on after the sun goes down)
I think part of the genius of our system is our democratic foundation and that makes us more resistant to falling from a divided country. We've had a divided country since our foundation but have prevailed. We have elections and a pendulum of power that is constantly in flux. This makes the public focus on elections instead of revolutions. That is why Trumps rigged election campaign is so dangerous. It throws doubt into the sanctity of our elections and that is the more serious threat to our democracy as a whole.

Forum List

Back