Whoa!

In 2008, the Democrats did the same thing to the Republicans. "We won, you lost, tough shit". Obama's "they've gotta sit in back". And here we go again.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, and we're going to continue to see wild swings at the ballot box until they get over themselves and grow the fuck up.

.In 2008, the Democrats did the same thing to the Republicans. "We won, you lost, tough shit". Obama's "they've gotta sit in back". And here we go again.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, and we're going to continue to see wild swings at the ballot box until they get over themselves and grow the fuck up.
The Republicans won the House in 2010 and gained more seats on top of the Senate take over. That's not a wild swing and you ranting about political parties doesn't make you somehow look noble.

.In 2008, the Democrats did the same thing to the Republicans. "We won, you lost, tough shit". Obama's "they've gotta sit in back". And here we go again.

The Republicans won the House in 2010 and gained more seats on top of the Senate take over. That's not a wild swing and you ranting about political parties doesn't make you somehow look noble.

Just being honest.

If that counts as nobility, we're in even worse shape than I thought.

Yes, you are correct. They are going to over-reach as usual and end up looking like reckless crazy people who would wreck the country to get a narrow political victory.
============

"a narrow political victory" NARROW ?????

you apparently have not seen nor read the demoRATS suffered the biggest defeat since Truman. :lmao:

you liberfools never cease to amuse me. :lmao:

Liberals were not all that gracious after 2012. I'm actually pretty proud of the reaction; no serious cries about rigged voting machines or improprieties. Earlier this week, Rottweiler was still insisting the 2012 election was fraudulent.

Just goes to show, winning with class and losing with dignity are not something to expect from partisans
It's not enough for some to simply win, the other guy has to be humiliated. I find such childish attitudes towards politics very distasteful and ultimately counter productive. Such meanness has no place in the leadership selection of a civilized nation.

I agree but the fact remains that the liberals were just as brash after Obama's landslide 2 years ago. Sadly, IMHO, a lot of those are remaining mute as the political fortunes of their candidates have turned sour.

Losing the Senate IS a big deal but there were some surprising positives that came out of the election and I think it's a harbinger of good things to come.

That the Democrats cannot take states for granted should be #1 on the list.
Number one on the list will be destroy Obama at any cost to the nation.

As it has been. Obama is never more popular than when he is schooling the GOP. Relax. He's got this.
Yes, you are correct. They are going to over-reach as usual and end up looking like reckless crazy people who would wreck the country to get a narrow political victory.
"Narrow political victory"!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conservatives are ungracious sore winners. Have your victory lap and then prepare for the thing you hate the most, having to defend the assholes you voted for.
Liberals were not all that gracious after 2012. I'm actually pretty proud of the reaction; no serious cries about rigged voting machines or improprieties. Earlier this week, Rottweiler was still insisting the 2012 election was fraudulent.

Just goes to show, winning with class and losing with dignity are not something to expect from partisans
It's not enough for some to simply win, the other guy has to be humiliated. I find such childish attitudes towards politics very distasteful and ultimately counter productive. Such meanness has no place in the leadership selection of a civilized nation.

that's what the right said in 2008...and in 2012...but it didn't matter then..
I remember "We won. Get over it" was very popular among the left ...both times...

Conservatives are ungracious sore winners. Have your victory lap and then prepare for the thing you hate the most, having to defend the assholes you voted for.

I agree but the fact remains that the liberals were just as brash after Obama's landslide 2 years ago. Sadly, IMHO, a lot of those are remaining mute as the political fortunes of their candidates have turned sour.

Losing the Senate IS a big deal but there were some surprising positives that came out of the election and I think it's a harbinger of good things to come.

That the Democrats cannot take states for granted should be #1 on the list.

As it has been. Obama is never more popular than when he is schooling the GOP. Relax. He's got this.

Yeah..they really got schooled the other night...:rolleyes: ..much more "schooling" like that and the "school" will have to close..LMAO.

The only way the Dems can salvage their 2016 election chances is for House and Senate Dems to cut their losses and compromise or even colaborate with the Repubs. If you believe a relevant opposition party is important to our future, marginalizing Obama may be the best way to SAVE America.

Unfortunately he's got virtually nuttin'. Many incumbent Dems who did not distance themselves from Obama were ousted and seats that were contested by newbies mostly went Repub. Those messages will not be lost on those who will seek election or reelection in 2016. Look for the minority whip to have an awful time keeping the troops in line and the admin's best and brightest advisers will begin abandoning ship as soon as they can line up gainful employment.

Unfortunately he's got virtually nuttin'. Many incumbent Dems who did not distance themselves from Obama were ousted and seats that were contested by newbies mostly went Repub. Those messages will not be lost on those who will seek election or reelection in 2016. Look for the minority whip to have an awful time keeping the troops in line and the admin's best and brightest advisers will begin abandoning ship as soon as they can line up gainful employment.

And the same things were said about Clinton II. The same thing was said about the recent shut downs.
The democrats make the GOP look weak, disorganized, and mean spirited everytime you guys out-drive your headlights.

What makes you think Obama has forgotten how to do it?

The only way the Dems can salvage their 2016 election chances is for House and Senate Dems to cut their losses and compromise or even colaborate with the Repubs. If you believe a relevant opposition party is important to our future, marginalizing Obama may be the best way to SAVE America.

Collaborate on what? What do the Republicans want to do that the American people are with them on?

End Medicare as we know it? Privatize Social Security? Criminalize all abortion?

And the same things were said about Clinton II. The same thing was said about the recent shut downs.
The democrats make the GOP look weak, disorganized, and mean spirited everytime you guys out-drive your headlights.

Regrettably I'm no longer convinced he really ever knew.

Regrettably I'm no longer convinced he really ever knew.

I'll put it to you like this:

There is another thread on this board that put the numbers behind the election in perspective. It was started by JoeB131

Basically for every 1 voter that voted for a Republican in 2014, something like 7-9 voters voted for Obama. Again, for every 1 that voted for the GOP Party, 7-9 times that many voted for the man, Obama.

When there is a shutdown or debt ceiling crisis...who do you think the public opinion is going to favor if everything were equal. Meaning that there was no self-inflicted wounds from the constituency, pundits, etc...

And then you add in the right wing radio that issues the marching orders to the right wing commentators on this board, and members of Congress in many cases and you guys end up looking hopelessly partisan.

Forum List

Back