Whom would you call the worst president in American history?

Lincoln. Hands down worst ever.

Lincoln was our greatest President. That scumbag FDR was the worst.
Proof again that you are a hypocrite.

FDR's imprisoning Japanese Americans makes him the worst in your mind, which I am fine with. But claiming Dishonest Abe is the greatest for murdering 850k Americans, is utterly absurd.

Imprisonment wrong...murder okay...equals HYPOCRITE.
Very few Americans believe that Lincoln is responsible for murdering 850,000 American. It is an extremist propaganda talking point to deflect away from and change the way the vast majority believe. Most believe it was the fault of the southern states and that Lincoln saved the Union from becoming a hodgepodge of independent countries modeled on Europe and constantly at war or economic aggression with each other.

The fact that the vast majority of numskulls don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't true.
Its that old herd mentality. If the government jester historians claim it, the dim-witted believe it.

The one thing Lincoln did wrong that irks me is that he did't order his Generals to hang large numbers of traitor confederate soldiers and leave their rotting corpses to rot and be devoured by vultures to be seen by the surrendered confederates marching home from their miserable defeat. Sherman should have left them hanging in the wind on his way to the sea.

The one thing Lincoln did wrong that irks me is that he did't order his Generals to hang large numbers of traitor confederate soldiers and leave their rotting corpses to rot and be devoured by vultures to be seen by the surrendered confederates marching home from their miserable defeat. Sherman should have left them hanging in the wind on his way to the sea.

My, my, my . . . . there's that liberal tolerance and forgiveness showing its ugly head. That's what I admire about all you Lincoln cult members: your concern for your fellow Americans.

FDR's imprisoning Japanese Americans makes him the worst in your mind, which I am fine with. But claiming Dishonest Abe is the greatest for murdering 850k Americans, is utterly absurd.

Very few Americans believe that Lincoln is responsible for murdering 850,000 American. It is an extremist propaganda talking point to deflect away from and change the way the vast majority believe. Most believe it was the fault of the southern states and that Lincoln saved the Union from becoming a hodgepodge of independent countries modeled on Europe and constantly at war or economic aggression with each other.

The fact that the vast majority of numskulls don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't true.
Its that old herd mentality. If the government jester historians claim it, the dim-witted believe it.

Have you ever noticed how almost all the boot-licking toadies who worship Lincoln don't know a thing about the man that is actually true?

Have you ever noticed how almost all the boot-licking toadies who worship Lincoln don't know a thing about the man that is actually true?
Saved the union, freed the slaves

Your turn

Ok now most people today would say George W. Bush, however most of these people were not alive for past presidents. Who did the most damage to the country while in office?
We have too many candidates I suppose. I bet at least 1 agree to anyone who call Obama.
But still. Who?

Using your definitions--the "most damage to the country while in office", I do not see how anyone could not say LBJ who got us involved in a winless war in SE Asia for no reason whatsoever.

Hundreds of thousands of American families were changed forever. The point wasn't that we lost. The point was that those hundreds of thousands of families would have been changed for the detrement regardless of outcome.

Second may have been the most divisive president ever, GWB.

LBJ was both a great president and a horrible president

His record on civil rights, social programs, Medicare and anti-poverty programs are hard to match
His record on getting us entrenched in Vietnam is hard to justify

He was an abject racist, his only motivation was to get the black vote.

from the BBC Sept 16, 2004

"The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish.""

Bush and his cohorts are war criminals. This is today, not over a hundred years ago. We are paying for this today. The situation the US is in, financially, diplomatically and militarily, is as a result of that. We face that today.

"W" is persona non grata in many countries. We have yet to recover from his crimes. There has been no presidency more disastrous in all these ways.

Who gives a fuck what the UN says?

Only a few things I don't like about FDR was giving away half of Europe to Stalin, S.S. a ponzi scheme, and freezing wages which started company's providing health care benefits, other then that I think he was a good president, but anyone who thinks Lincoln is responsible for the deaths of 850k American lives, is just bonkers.

"Bonkers?" The fact is indisputable.

Only in the fevered imagination of wannabe reb losers.

Ok now most people today would say George W. Bush, however most of these people were not alive for past presidents. Who did the most damage to the country while in office?
We have too many candidates I suppose. I bet at least 1 agree to anyone who call Obama.
But still. Who?

Using your definitions--the "most damage to the country while in office", I do not see how anyone could not say LBJ who got us involved in a winless war in SE Asia for no reason whatsoever.

Hundreds of thousands of American families were changed forever. The point wasn't that we lost. The point was that those hundreds of thousands of families would have been changed for the detrement regardless of outcome.

His record on civil rights, social programs, Medicare and anti-poverty programs are hard to match

Given how hard it is to do the right thing and how easy it is to avoid doing the wrong thing, I have to rate LBJ a net negative.

right, Obama's record will be much worse.

doubled the national debt
put millions in poverty
increased the gap between rich and poor
allowed the mid east to explode
allowed the rise of ISIS
lost the Iraq war
lost the Afghanistan war
weakened us militarily
weakened us fiscally
weakened us morally
divided the country like never before
lied repeatedly
destroyed the best medical system in human history
violated the constitution
encouraged the radical muslim takeover of Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan
dumped on our allies
made Putin look like a statesman

Propaganda does not pass for fact

Presidents are judged on:

What were you given when you entered office
What did you leave
What was your lasting legacy

Obama was given a nation in a financial collapse. A nation engaged in two wars. A worldwide threat of terrorism

Obama stopped a depression. Reversed the economic collapse. Attacked terrorism around the globe. Killed bin Laden. Got us out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

What is his lasting legacy? Passed the first universal healthcare system. Enhanced gay rights. Stabilized the economy. Recognized Cuba.

That is what historians will look at

stopped a depression? WTF are you talking about? first of all there was no depression and secondly obama made a recession last longer by his stupid policies

attacked terrorism? He made ISIS a world threat, he turned Egypt and Libya over to radicals.

got us out of Iraq and Afghanistan? by losing what had been won, can you say viet nam, ya dumb shit.

obozocare is the worst piece of legislation in the history of this country, thats what history will record.

Legitimized the Castro regime that murdered thousands of Cubans--------WTF is wrong with you?
Yes
Stopped a depression

Banks failing by the week, auto industry on the verge of collapse, losing 700,000 jobs a month, stock market dropped 7000 points

Yes, that kind of depression

horseshit. you have bought into the dem lies. none of that was happening. the auto industry would have been just fine if the companies had gone through bankruptcy. The bail out using taxpayer money was to save the UAW, not the car companies, and if you have a brain in that tiny head of yours you know it.

The economic numbers are historical fact

You have no idea that the auto industry would be "just fine"
Let them collapse and we will see what happens?
It is quite a gamble you are willing to take with one of our countries most essential industries

Redfish is full of shit 100% of the time.

But still. Who?
This is my top 3 and in this order:
  1. George W. Bush
  2. Barack Obama
  3. Ronald Reagan
Reagan politicized the intel agencies, which compromised the information we were getting and analyzing.

Instead of a transparent government, the Obama Administration has become the most secretive executive branch in the history of this country. He's expanded warrantless wiretaps, continued renditions, is assassinating American's without due process and continuing these illegal and immoral wars we've been fighting for over 10 years. He's not a liberal; he's center-right.

But Bush is definitely No.1. He started a war on terror that has cost over $6 trillion dollars; over 4000 American lives; over 1 million Iraqi lives; our reputation around the world; our American heritage and after all that, what did we get in return?

Nothing!

We got nothing in return for all that sacrifice.

Nothing!

LBJ certainly damaged the nation in that aspect and many others. GWB...oh stop. The division our nation faced during his presidency was nothing compared to presidents like Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Taylor to some degree...go look up Kansas Bleeding and compare that to the division under GWB. One could even argue that Lincoln was more divisive than GWB. Thomas Jefferson polarized congress against John Adams. Andrew Jackson polarized the entire government and told the Supreme Court to go fuck themselves when they ruled against his policies.

Anyone who points at GWB needs to learn a lot more about our nation's history

Well, as I understood the question, it was to be framed in terms of what we lived through. I wasn't around when LBJ was President but there are ample examples of first hand accounts of the time when he was President.

I stand by what I said about GWB. Citations to come later if I find the time to look them up.

So if you understood the question to be about who you lived through but you didn't live through LBJ, why did you identify him?
Again, ample evidence from people who lived during his tenure. Mom, Dad, grand parents, cousins...my first 3 bosses were veterans of the Viet Nam war.

As far as your citations...knock yourself out. From who? Other liberals who are pounding left-wing propaganda? Yippie! As a Republican (and former history professor) I would put him in the middle of the pack, nowhere near the top. But anyone who suggests he was anywhere near the bottom either has not the faintest clue about our nation's history or is a propagandist who is trying to influence impressionable minds.

Given that there have been what, 44 Presidents, rating him 22 is interesting...I'd love to hear the names of the 21 better Presidents who left the country worse off than when they found it.

BluePhantom well, list the ones who have left the nation in poorer shape as per specified in the OP.

Well, we're waiting for your list...oh you mean you don't know what you're talking about?

But still. Who?

For a racist...he sure pushed through some historic Civil Rights legislation

He could have easily stopped it if he wanted to

But still. Who?

It was all about votes.

LBJ certainly damaged the nation in that aspect and many others. GWB...oh stop. The division our nation faced during his presidency was nothing compared to presidents like Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Taylor to some degree...go look up Kansas Bleeding and compare that to the division under GWB. One could even argue that Lincoln was more divisive than GWB. Thomas Jefferson polarized congress against John Adams. Andrew Jackson polarized the entire government and told the Supreme Court to go fuck themselves when they ruled against his policies.

Anyone who points at GWB needs to learn a lot more about our nation's history

Well, as I understood the question, it was to be framed in terms of what we lived through. I wasn't around when LBJ was President but there are ample examples of first hand accounts of the time when he was President.

I stand by what I said about GWB. Citations to come later if I find the time to look them up.

So if you understood the question to be about who you lived through but you didn't live through LBJ, why did you identify him?
Again, ample evidence from people who lived during his tenure. Mom, Dad, grand parents, cousins...my first 3 bosses were veterans of the Viet Nam war.

As far as your citations...knock yourself out. From who? Other liberals who are pounding left-wing propaganda? Yippie! As a Republican (and former history professor) I would put him in the middle of the pack, nowhere near the top. But anyone who suggests he was anywhere near the bottom either has not the faintest clue about our nation's history or is a propagandist who is trying to influence impressionable minds.

Given that there have been what, 44 Presidents, rating him 22 is interesting...I'd love to hear the names of the 21 better Presidents who left the country worse off than when they found it.

BluePhantom well, list the ones who have left the nation in poorer shape as per specified in the OP.

Well, we're waiting for your list...oh you mean you don't know what you're talking about?

Actually, it means I have a life that includes sleeping which means I will get to your list when I have completed other things that are of a higher priority

But still. Who?

""I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." ~ Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One

The Democratic Party s Two-Facedness of Race Relations The Relentless Conservative

Forum List

Back