Whoopi Goldberg doubles down and once again claims Holocaust wasn't originally about race

Why? The Bible. Many Christians read and study their Bible. Many Jews believe Jesus is the Messiah. Tell me, were the very first Christians all Jews? Were the disciples of Jesus Jews?
Yes, the first Christians USED to be Jews. That is very different from what you said: that Jews are Jews when they believe in Jesus.

I do not believe in Jesus, as 99% of my fellow Jews do not. You’re saying that we aren’t Jewish?!

The real story here is that there is no issue; it is all semantics.

Hitler referred to the jews as a "race," but that was to emphasize his own personal delusion that jews were fundamentally different from Aryans. Nobody else in the world considers jews to be a RACE. It is preposterous.

It's all semantics, and raising it to something more than that in order to badmouth WG is bogus.

There are already enough reasons to badmouth her; give this one a rest.
It IS about race. Not from the Jewish standpoint but rather the Aryan standpoint.
Like how Jesse Jackson is anti-Semitic because he’s black.

Yes, the first Christians USED to be Jews. That is very different from what you said: that Jews are Jews when they believe in Jesus.

I do not believe in Jesus, as 99% of my fellow Jews do not. You’re saying that we aren’t Jewish?!
Where did I say that Jews are Jews when they believe in Jesus?

Judaism is more than a religion, but not a race. Jews are a “people.”
I've read the Old Testament many times and understand that. I've got no interest in Whoopi Goldberg one way or other, I just want to understand why what she said is something to take offensive to?

Let me see if this is the error of my way:
Upon reading the article for a 2nd time it strikes me that I concentrated on the "isn't about race" part as opposed to the "inhumanity to man." That final part does indeed deeply downplay the significance of the role anti-Semitism played.

It IS about race. Not from the Jewish standpoint but rather the Aryan standpoint.
Like how Jesse Jackson is anti-Semitic because he’s black.
Jackson isn’t antisemitic because he’s black. He’s antisemitic because he looks down of Jews, like with his “Hymietown” remark.

It would be the same as if a white called Detroit “Tyronetown”.

Jackson isn’t antisemitic because he’s black. He’s antisemitic because he looks down of Jews, like with his “Hymietown” remark.

It would be the same as if a white called Detroit “Tyronetown”.
But they both come at it from a race perspective.

I've read the Old Testament many times and understand that. I've got no interest in Whoopi Goldberg one way or other, I just want to understand why what she said is something to take offensive to?

Let me see if this is the error of my way:
Upon reading the article for a 2nd time it strikes me that I concentrated on the "isn't about race" part as opposed to the "inhumanity to man." That final part does indeed deeply downplay the significance of the role anti-Semitism played.
You got it. By making it about race, she is diminishing - or trying to remove entirely - the role that antisemitism played in Hitler’s Nazi Germany. The only people killed specifically for their religion were Jews.

But blacks are a race, and Jews are not. Jackson didn’t come at it as a race thing….he came at it from an anti-Jew perspective. Jews are not a race.
He came at it as both. His anti-semitism is just as much anti-white but regardless it was because he identifies as primarily black. That is racism.

Holocaust was not about race but about the wealth and power the Jews had gained.

Approximately 11 million civilians were murdered during the Holocaust.
The SS and their accomplices murdered approximately 1.5 million Jewish children, thousands of Roma (Gypsy) children, German children who had mental or physical disabilities and Polish children.
About six million Jews and some five million others, targeted for racial, political, ideological and behavioral reasons, died in the Holocaust—more than one million of those who perished were children.
At first, the Nazis reserved their harshest persecution for political opponents such as Communists or Social Democrats. The first official concentration camp opened at Dachau (near Munich) in March 1933, and many of the first prisoners sent there were Communists.
Meanwhile, beginning in the fall of 1939, Nazi officials selected around 70,000 Germans institutionalized for mental illness or physical disabilities to be gassed to death in the so-called Euthanasia Program
Approximately 11 million civilians were murdered during the Holocaust. 5,860,000 were Jews (this number is often rounded off as "six million"). 5,000,000 were non-Jewish civilians, including Roma people (Gypsies), Serbs, resistance fighters, anti-Nazi Poles and Germans, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and so-called "anti-socials" and "undesirables" such as beggars, vagrants, and mentally retarded people. All of these groups were considered to be enemies of the Third Reich (Hitler's government). Only Jews, however, were singled out for complete annihilation.
  1. The earliest victims of Nazi mass murder were people with disabilities. The Nazis saw people with disabilities as a “burden” and killed them using gassing facilities often located at hospitals in Germany. As the Nazis invaded most of Europe, the program expanded to target people with disabilities in multiple countries and people no longer able to work in concentration camps.
  2. Non-Jewish childrenfrom certain targeted groups were not spared. Examples include
    • Romani (Gypsy) children killed in Auschwitz
    • 5,000-7,000 German children, the vast majority of them non-Jews, killed as victims of the Euthanasia Program
    • Children murdered in reprisals, as in the destruction of the Czech town of Lidice; and
    • Children shot as civilians in the German-occupied Soviet Union together with their parents.
If the Holocaust was only about the “wealth and power” that Jews had gained, why didn’t Hitler kill all the wealthy and powerful Aryans? Why single out JUST the Juden?

Answer: Because it was about antisemitism. How anybody in this day and age doubts that is beyond me. The only thing I can figure is that they want to downplay antisemitism so they can get away with it more.

The real story here is that there is no issue; it is all semantics.

Hitler referred to the jews as a "race," but that was to emphasize his own personal delusion that jews were fundamentally different from Aryans. Nobody else in the world considers jews to be a RACE. It is preposterous.

It's all semantics, and raising it to something more than that in order to badmouth WG is bogus.

There are already enough reasons to badmouth her; give this one a rest.
What is "race"? Everyone is so intermixed the notion is laughable

I'm waiting for Californians to all get a genetics test with their new reparations to see if any have 0.000000001% black in them. If they do, they win the lottery.

What is "race"? Everyone is so intermixed the notion is laughable

I'm waiting for Californians to all get a genetics test with their new reparations to see if any have 0.000000001% black in them. If they do, they win the lottery.
I like my plan better…
DNA test their percentage of African slave ancestry and prorate that against the improvement in their standard of living vs their African ‘homeland’ and tax them on the increase.

Taking
If the Holocaust was only about the “wealth and power” that Jews had gained, why didn’t Hitler kill all the wealthy and powerful Aryans? Why single out JUST the Juden?

Answer: Because it was about antisemitism. How anybody in this day and age doubts that is beyond me. The only thing I can figure is that they want to downplay antisemitism so they can get away with it more.
Taking any form of Victimhood from Colonialist Whites is paramount

Only 99%? I thought what made a person a Jew, was the exclusive belief in the Old Testament?

Only 99%? I thought what made a person a Jew, was the exclusive belief in the Old Testament?
No, you don’t have to believe in the OT to be a Jew. Anyone born of a Jewish mother is also Jewish.

I was saying that 99% of Jews do not believe in Jesus. Maybe 1% are those Jews-for-Jewish types.

No, you don’t have to believe in the OT to be a Jew. Anyone born of a Jewish mother is also Jewish.

I was saying that 99% of Jews do not believe in Jesus. Maybe 1% are those Jews-for-Jewish types.
And 75% plus don’t believe in an afterlife ( No matter how many Mitzvahs you achieve )

Forum List

Back