Why Abortion And Euthanasia Should Be Legal

Now I beat up on Noomi and she beats up on me a lot because we differ in how we want to resolve situations, but at least we are engaged. That's the point of debate.

Having burdened the world with three like me :) I understand any woman who carries to term knowing that the child may only have days to live.

But like Jailan, one second, one minute, one hour, one day means I will have wrapped my arms around the soul that grew inside me all those months. And I can hold him before that last breath before he goes to his greater Father.

Not a fetus. A baby. A soul. Who lived inside me. Kicked inside me. Moved side to side inside me. You can keep calling "it a fetus" all you want, but all of them have been my babies to me.

I admire this mother and this father. I especially love Jailan's aunt to death for sharing this story of this sweet life.

And Noomi for bringing this story forward. Even though we disagree.

Last edited:
Prove it.

The mods can check it out.
Today

11-02-2013Re: New reputation!
02:59 AM BDBoop

11-02-2013New reputation!
02:18 AM BDBoop

Surely. They will likely be wondering why you're going on about private messages on an open board, though.

Didn't post the content stupid.

oh and by the way

No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.

Last edited:
So, how long before we start to "compassionately" euthanize the mental defects, the political opponents, and all the other "undesirables" BD and Noomi share the same sick ideology as Adolf Hitler.

No they don't. And nor do I and other advocates of euthanasia. Attributing false beliefs to one's opponents is a cheap debating tactic - can't you come up with something better?

when you have something relevant to say say it, until shut the fuck up move on.

For the sake of everyone on the boards I will stop railing on your language and your clear lack of mastery of the English language. But as to me saying something relevant, doesn't that sound exactly like I was saying earlier? Or have you forgotten?

Let people decide whether or not to be euthanized by saying it in their directive or something. Late-term abortions are bad. Morning-after pills and contraceptives are not. There, happy? Now shut up.

Last word FUCK OFF EAT SHIT AND DIE.

I see you describe yourself as 'Constitutional Watchdog'. If your constitution lacks any more eloquent defender than you I fear for its survival.

For the sake of everyone on the boards I will stop railing on your language and your clear lack of mastery of the English language. But as to me saying something relevant, doesn't that sound exactly like I was saying earlier? Or have you forgotten?

Let people decide whether or not to be euthanized by saying it in their directive or something. Late-term abortions are bad. Morning-after pills and contraceptives are not. There, happy? Now shut up.

I see you describe yourself as 'Constitutional Watchdog'. If your constitution lacks any more eloquent defender than you I fear for its survival.
obama whiners defending the pos has killed civility

Now I beat up on Noomi and she beats up on me a lot because we differ in how we want to resolve situations, but at least we are engaged. That's the point of debate.

Having burdened the world with three like me :) I understand any woman who carries to term knowing that the child may only have days to live.

But like Jailan, one second, one minute, one hour, one day means I will have wrapped my arms around the soul that grew inside me all those months. And I can hold him before that last breath before he goes to his greater Father.

Not a fetus. A baby. A soul. Who lived inside me. Kicked inside me. Moved side to side inside me. You can keep calling "it a fetus" all you want, but all of them have been my babies to me.

I admire this mother and this father. I especially love Jailan's aunt to death for sharing this story of this sweet life.

And Noomi for bringing this story forward. Even though we disagree.

I admire her, too, for sharing her story with us. It must have been so hard, but we all know who Jailan was, and can appreciate the short time he spent with us on this earth.

By the way, thanks for keeping this debate civil and respectful, [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] -its appreciated. :)

No it hasn't. Much as I disagree with those fighting in the last ditch to defend M Obama's tattered reputation I find it easy to remain civil. I also think expressing coherent ideas is an advantage in a debate. Considerably more effective than spewing torrents of filth. Imo.

No it hasn't. Much as I disagree with those fighting in the last ditch to defend M Obama's tattered reputation I find it easy to remain civil. I also think expressing coherent ideas is an advantage in a debate. Considerably more effective than spewing torrents of filth. Imo.

Sweden? Fuck off.
obama's policies do not effect your sorry ass nor does his failures I say again fuck off.

Last edited:
So, how long before we start to "compassionately" euthanize the mental defects, the political opponents, and all the other "undesirables" BD and Noomi share the same sick ideology as Adolf Hitler.

No they don't. And nor do I and other advocates of euthanasia. Attributing false beliefs to one's opponents is a cheap debating tactic - can't you come up with something better?

I agree with you in the sense that I don't believe that Noomi and BD, or you for that matter, are Hitler's ideological twins but I wouldn't be so quick to accuse BTA of attributing false beliefs to advocates of Euthanasia.

What people say when they're trying to convince others is one thing, what they do when the convincing part is over is another thing.

Euthanasia isn't common so we don't have a broad base of real world experience to look at but what little we do have does seem to show that BTA's concern is more valid than you'd care to admit.

There are 4 states in America where assisted suicide is legal and I haven't yet heard of any abuses occurring in any of those states, on the other hand Belgium is a perfect example of what BTA is talking about; a place where euthanasia was first enacted with strict oversight and could only be applied to people who were adults, terminally-ill, and gave consent...look at what that's morphed into within 10 years.

I don't know many euthanasia proponents but I did spend quite a bit of time seeing and listening to Jack Kevorkian interviewed here in the local media. He is widely believed to have been an advocate of "death with dignity" for elderly, terminally-ill patients but that's not true, he wanted death on demand, for everyone regardless of age or physical condition, and he wanted to pair that with an aggressive organ harvesting program. Kevorkian wasn't the only euthanasia advocate who felt/feels that way either. I'm not saying you all think that way but enough do that simply dismissing BTA's concerns out of hand is a little bit of a cheap debating tactic.

Last edited:
The mods can check it out.
Today

11-02-2013Re: New reputation!
02:59 AM BDBoop

11-02-2013New reputation!
02:18 AM BDBoop

Surely. They will likely be wondering why you're going on about private messages on an open board, though.

oh and by the way

No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.

I think you've gone from a solid 10 on the "Completely unhinged scale" to a respectable 18.

Of a possible 10.

oh and by the way

I think you've gone from a solid 10 on the "Completely unhinged scale" to a respectable 18.

Of a possible 10.

You lied that's good enough for me.

oh and by the way

Of a possible 10.

I baited you, and you responded as expected. ;)

You baited?:eusa_whistle:
The problem with that you said you did not respond to that PM and then you claim I violated a board rule, seems to me the trap you set had trapped you in the liar pit.

Oh, yay!! You win the internetz.

Sorry. Honest to God, I truly am. But this game you play? Just doesn't hold my attention like it holds yours. It's like watching a kitten with a string - but even kittens get bored and wander off.

Like me.

:bye1:

You baited?:eusa_whistle:
The problem with that you said you did not respond to that PM and then you claim I violated a board rule, seems to me the trap you set had trapped you in the liar pit.

Oh, yay!! You win the internetz.

Sorry. Honest to God, I truly am. But this game you play? Just doesn't hold my attention like it holds yours. It's like watching a kitten with a string - but even kittens get bored and wander off.

Like me.

:bye1:

Just showing you as a liar is win enough for me.:lol:

I agree with you in the sense that I don't believe that Noomi and BD, or you for that matter, are Hitler's ideological twins but I wouldn't be so quick to accuse BTA of attributing false beliefs to advocates of Euthanasia.

What people say when they're trying to convince others is one thing, what they do when the convincing part is over is another thing.

Euthanasia isn't common so we don't have a broad base of real world experience to look at but what little we do have does seem to show that BTA's concern is more valid than you'd care to admit.

There are 4 states in America where assisted suicide is legal and I haven't yet heard of any abuses occurring in any of those states, on the other hand Belgium is a perfect example of what BTA is talking about; a place where euthanasia was first enacted with strict oversight and could only be applied to people who were adults, terminally-ill, and gave consent...look at what that's morphed into within 10 years.

I don't know many euthanasia proponents but I did spend quite a bit of time seeing and listening to Jack Kevorkian interviewed here in the local media. He is widely believed to have been an advocate of "death with dignity" for elderly, terminally-ill patients but that's not true, he wanted death on demand, for everyone regardless of age or physical condition, and he wanted to pair that with an aggressive organ harvesting program. Kevorkian wasn't the only euthanasia advocate who felt/feels that way either. I'm not saying you all think that way but enough do that simply dismissing BTA's concerns out of hand is a little bit of a cheap debating tactic.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

I agree with you; getting legislation and oversight right is not easy. But there is so much unnecessary suffering around that allowing euthanasia for some seems to me to be something worth campaigning for. Any law can be misused, broken or twisted but that is not, I think, a reason not to have a law that will benefit many.

I've not heard of Kevorkian. I won't look him up, being content to take your word for him being bad news.

Forum List

Back