🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why am I forced to pay for Government Universities?

Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

• Total voters
"You" elect state representatives and give the power to tax you and to spend that money on services and things that they deem worthy of taxpayer support. Among those things might be state-supported institutions of higher learning.

If you have a gripe about how your money is spent, direct it to your state legislators. They have the ability to exert pressure on the state colleges, consistent with the state and federal constitutions.

the Federal Government has no legitimate role in education. Period. If your tax dollars are supporting any college or university, advise your congresspersons that you object. Demand that they stop it. It is unconstitutional. See the Tenth Amendment, which clarifies the meaning of Article I, Section 8.
The follow-up to Trump's tweet about federal funding for universities to restrict free speech was that UC Berkley receives $350 million in federal funds annually. That's not counting an additional $673 million in research grants, etc. Berkeley Research Numbers | Research UC Berkeley

Now, THAT is some serious influence.
Why don't you go back and read that again.....

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.

A libertarian is a "volatile speaker?" How is that? Smaller government. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!

Just look at the results. Maybe the faculty didn't know how much he is hated. I didn't. I don't care what he says. I think it's a made up persona.

What if you answer the question? How is a small government libertarian a "volatile speaker?"

Are you seriously advocating that to just speak of smaller government is some sort of hate speech?
You aren't very familiar with Milo's oeuvre, are you, Kazzie........

Actually I am. If you are, you tell me what he talks about other than small government libertarianism.

He also talks about that he's a gay Jew who has slept with a variety of both black and white men, is that what you mean? Not my cup of tea, but not my concern either. You don't think the leftists are violent over his being a fag Jew do you?

Is that your objection? You hate fags?

"You" elect state representatives and give the power to tax you and to spend that money on services and things that they deem worthy of taxpayer support. Among those things might be state-supported institutions of higher learning.

If you have a gripe about how your money is spent, direct it to your state legislators. They have the ability to exert pressure on the state colleges, consistent with the state and federal constitutions.

the Federal Government has no legitimate role in education. Period. If your tax dollars are supporting any college or university, advise your congresspersons that you object. Demand that they stop it. It is unconstitutional. See the Tenth Amendment, which clarifies the meaning of Article I, Section 8.
actually, all of the money is for research grants. So, once the university fails as was the case at UC Berkley, stop funding them and let them wither away. bye bye. I love Trump.

Who and where?
We hosted several Olin Series lectures at my alma mater....

When I attended, we had ONE alleged marxist on the entire faculty....

And my college is among those considered Ground Zero for subversion...

And is the answer to the question in there somewhere?
The Olin Lecture series brought conservative speakers to college campuses. I believe they sponsored the Terry Dolan appearance I attended.

And, given that I have already told you I too have an MBA, you can be pretty sure I graduated from college...

But if you are really determined to learn where - in 2016, our lacrosse team stomped the Wolverines 22-8.....but don't feel bad....we were the best team in the country.....

So you have an Ivy League MBA and you're selling loaded mutual funds for a living? That's just sad, I need to take more pity

Pace your bitterness, Kazzie.....I'm also hung like a bull.....NOW you can let it all out.....

OK, gay boy. You bore me to tears with your obsession on emotions. Once you start this it isn't going to stop. I'm going to drop this for awhile and get back to you later on the rest of your posts. Maybe you can drink a white whine spritzer and peruse a tapestry catalog and we'll pick it up later

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.

A libertarian is a "volatile speaker?" How is that? Smaller government. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!

Just look at the results. Maybe the faculty didn't know how much he is hated. I didn't. I don't care what he says. I think it's a made up persona.

What if you answer the question? How is a small government libertarian a "volatile speaker?"

Are you seriously advocating that to just speak of smaller government is some sort of hate speech?
You aren't very familiar with Milo's oeuvre, are you, Kazzie........

Actually I am. If you are, you tell me what he talks about other than small government libertarianism
"The War Against Islam" for one......he has also managed the near impossible

Just how offensive did Milo Yiannopoulos have to be to get banned from Twitter?

The Olin Lecture series brought conservative speakers to college campuses. I believe they sponsored the Terry Dolan appearance I attended.

And, given that I have already told you I too have an MBA, you can be pretty sure I graduated from college...

But if you are really determined to learn where - in 2016, our lacrosse team stomped the Wolverines 22-8.....but don't feel bad....we were the best team in the country.....

So you have an Ivy League MBA and you're selling loaded mutual funds for a living? That's just sad, I need to take more pity

Pace your bitterness, Kazzie.....I'm also hung like a bull.....NOW you can let it all out.....

OK, gay boy. You bore me to tears with your obsession on emotions. Once you start this it isn't going to stop. I'm going to drop this for awhile and get back to you later on the rest of your posts. Maybe you can drink a white whine spritzer and peruse a tapestry catalog and we'll pick it up later
I warned you about peaking early, Kazz....

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?

First, there were three arrests.

Second, you are not paying for Government Universities. All of your tax money goes to national defense. All of my tax money goes to pay for universities. I'm the one paying for the universities, not you. But thanks for funding national defense!

^^^ possibly the dumbest thing I will read today. o_O

One definition of stupid is people who don't recognize an obvious joke when they see one.

Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

Engrish?

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

Yuh huh.

And what does "endable" mean then? Something that can be ended?

Lemme try it out:

"This thread is eminently endable"

Hey, that works great. Good on ya.

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?
Good point about no arrests.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Your facts are wrong, or in the current use of the word, your alternative facts are bullshit.

Who and where?

I failed to notice this the first time....

You actually hobbled over to Google to find out which team beat Michigan 22-8 in lacrosse....

Then you concluded that I must have an MBA from there........have you EVER even heard of a graduate business school affiliated with that university?

I mean, if it is Ivy League and everything, it should be fairly famous, right?

Kazzie,

You're a fucking brick....this OP has been a running indictment of your numerous shortcomings....

Why don't you go have a lie down?

This sounded good to you? You sound like a nagging shrew

If he just spoke about smaller government I don't think he'd be as reviled as he is.

That is all he talks about. Show quotes where he doesn't. That is what the left has become. To criticize you is to be an extremist. Meanwhile, what you hypocrites say about Trump and Republicans. Wow.

Seriously, you keep repeating you blindly trust the left and if they say so then you just believe them.

He's all over the internet. Show quotes

Engrish?

"Volatile" as in not being leftist. That should speak to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Conservatism is dead on university campuses… Fact

...you are not paying for Government Universities. All of your tax money goes to national defense. All of my tax money goes to pay for universities. I'm the one paying for the universities, not you. But thanks for funding national defense!
Well then, his money keeps us free, your money buys us brainwashed snowflakes. We have enough leftwing zombies now and don't need more.

Don't worry. Trump will correct your problem...

C3wU90wWEAAY5Ln.jpg

Trump Isn’t Going To Like This Magazine Cover
He's used to it. The juvenile European leftists have been around longer than ours but ours will catch up.

Forum List

Back