🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why am I forced to pay for Government Universities?

Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

• Total voters
Should Universities actively endable free speech beyond the left to receive government funding?

Engrish?
Kazzie answered his own question.....

But it gets even better......

Kazzie has claimed to hold an MBA........from a public university.......

Actually all three degrees were from public universities. BS from the University of Maryland. MS from Virginia Tech. MBA from the University of Michigan.

Your point? Are you saying once I get a degree from a public university they own me and I no longer can do anything other than endorse them?
He's saying you dance with the girl that brung ya'.

The girl that brung ya' (you in particular) was PUBLIC universities.

So don't bite the hand that has fed you.

Right, so if I went to a public university than I should shut up about public universities if I disagree with them. Rejected as the crap that it is
so if I went to a public university than

Is English among any of your first 4 languages?

OK, so you got me in a typo. Congratulations, you are a genius!!!!!!!!

Serious question. I write a lot of posts and write relatively few typos. Is it seriously your standard that every post on a freaking message board I should sit there and edit it like an official document? It is not mine. I read it quickly for obvious stuff then click post. What a waste of time.

Follow on question. If it is your standard, there are typos all over the place. Why are none of them you're concerned about from the liberals? How can even trolling for typos be a partisan thing to you? You just butt love the Democrat party. Grow a pair

Engrish?

Actually all three degrees were from public universities. BS from the University of Maryland. MS from Virginia Tech. MBA from the University of Michigan.

Your point? Are you saying once I get a degree from a public university they own me and I no longer can do anything other than endorse them?
Hell no!

If you got yours society has fulfilled its obligation........can't have these ambitious beaners learning how to do compound growth problems on a hand held.......where will the Decent White Folk, with their spiffy desktops and LOTUS 1-2-3, have to go?

Who will save the Children?

You seem to be under the mistaken impression I am no longer a tax payer. My theory as to your oversight involves your being a butt hurt leftist who's still better that Hillary didn't receive her entitled nomination to the Presidency. Am I right?
Are you using an old version of Dragon to dictate your posts?

Consider giving them the onceover before hitting "Post Reply"....

Non left speakers and faculty are present on all public university campuses. Quit crying.

And..you pay because it is a net positive for the nation. It's us....not me. Try it for a while.

Who and where?
We hosted several Olin Series lectures at my alma mater....

When I attended, we had ONE alleged marxist on the entire faculty....

And my college is among those considered Ground Zero for subversion...

And is the answer to the question in there somewhere?
The Olin Lecture series brought conservative speakers to college campuses. I believe they sponsored the Terry Dolan appearance I attended.

And, given that I have already told you I too have an MBA, you can be pretty sure I graduated from college...

But if you are really determined to learn where - in 2016, our lacrosse team stomped the Wolverines 22-8.....but don't feel bad....we were the best team in the country.....

Yeah, you're an Ivy Leaguer. Suuurrreeeee you are. If you are a lacrosse fan, did you know we've had a division one lacrosse team for like three years? Wow, what a win

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?
Anyone who is good at debating should be able to articulate both pro and con arguments.

I had a far right professor once and all you needed to do to get a good grade was parrot his John Birch nonsense.

You are paying for everything that the Fed's and that your state does because the Fed and the state Constitutions allow taxation.

You are just a taxpayer.

You do not run the train.
Kazzie got his........now it's time to pull up the ladder......

Funny how you're still here commenting on your views when the answer to me was STFU, you can't change it ...
Kaz,

I'm a reader of quite complex fiction, and have logged hundreds of hours wading through legalese.....

I can't figure out what the fuck you are trying to say...

You were "pure quant", right?

Can you remember the last time you read anything longer than 5 paragraphs?
Kaz's public universities don't have very good technical writing classes obviously.

The Internet typo police, now I'm just laughing at you. Talk about your knowing you have a dearth of content

Your highlighting your low comprehension skills is interesting. Even journalists with the horrible writing skills they have got frustrated with your low comprehension and lack of punctuating skills, didn't they?
You need a preposition in there for your sentence to make sense.

"Your highlighting OF your low comprehension skills ... ."

There -- fixed it for you.

Actually, it's correct either way
No azzhole it is not "correct" either way.

If your sh!t fails to communicate and your reader has to read it half a dozen times to decipher it then it is crap.

You are wrong

Engrish?

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.

A libertarian is a "volatile speaker?" How is that? Smaller government. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!

Just look at the results. Maybe the faculty didn't know how much he is hated. I didn't. I don't care what he says. I think it's a made up persona.

What if you answer the question? How is a small government libertarian a "volatile speaker?"

Are you seriously advocating that to just speak of smaller government is some sort of hate speech?

They allow activist leftist professors to not only talk politics but punish anyone not left through grades, prohibit anyone from leftists from speaking at graduations or other events and don't even intervene like in Berkeley when leftists violently shut down even a libertarian from just speaking libertarian views.

In Berkeley, the bystanders confirmed by the video show the police did nothing to stop the rioting leftists so Milo could speak. There was not one arrest. My question, why am I paying for that?

First, there were three arrests.

Second, you are not paying for Government Universities. All of your tax money goes to national defense. All of my tax money goes to pay for universities. I'm the one paying for the universities, not you. But thanks for funding national defense!

He's saying you dance with the girl that brung ya'.

The girl that brung ya' (you in particular) was PUBLIC universities.

So don't bite the hand that has fed you.

Right, so if I went to a public university than I should shut up about public universities if I disagree with them. Rejected as the crap that it is
so if I went to a public university than

Is English among any of your first 4 languages?

OK, so you got me in a typo. Congratulations, you are a genius!!!!!!!!

Serious question. I write a lot of posts and write relatively few typos. Is it seriously your standard that every post on a freaking message board I should sit there and edit it like an official document? It is not mine. I read it quickly for obvious stuff then click post. What a waste of time.

Follow on question. If it is your standard, there are typos all over the place. Why are none of them you're concerned about from the liberals? How can even trolling for typos be a partisan thing to you? You just butt love the Democrat party. Grow a pair
Your performance on this particular thread has been an embarrassment to every school you claim to have attended....

"A few typos"?

You're a fucking mess, Mate.....My theory as to your pathology involves your being a butt hurt Unrepentant 2 Time Scrub Voter who's still better [sic] that Scrub was unmercifully jeered on his way out of DC.....

First, there were three arrests.

Second, you are not paying for Government Universities. All of your tax money goes to national defense. All of my tax money goes to pay for universities. I'm the one paying for the universities, not you. But thanks for funding national defense!

^^^ possibly the dumbest thing I will read today. o_O

Clearly I was wrong.

Chancellor’s message on campus appearance by Milo Yiannopoulos

The concerns around the upcoming visit of a controversial speaker to campus make it necessary for us to reaffirm our collective commitment to two fundamental principles for our campus. The first of these principles is the right to free expression, enshrined in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and reflected in some of the most important moments of Berkeley’s history. The second of these principles has to do with our values of tolerance, inclusion and diversity – values which we believe are essential to making this university, and indeed any university, a site of open inquiry and learning.

While both these principles are fundamental to who we are and what we aspire to be as a community, we must at the same time acknowledge that at times these principles can be in tension with or even in opposition to each other. This sometime tension between rights and values is at the heart of the current controversy concerning the planned visit to Berkeley of Milo Yiannopoulos, who has been invited to speak on campus by one of our registered campus organizations, the Berkeley College Republicans (BCR). Like all student organizations, the BCR is a separate legal entity from the university, and it is technically the BCR, and not the university, that is the host of this upcoming event.

Since the announcement of Mr. Yiannopoulos’s visit, we have received many requests that we ban him from campus and cancel the event. Although we have responded to these requests directly, we would like to explain to the entire campus community why the event will be held as planned. First, from a legal perspective, the U.S. Constitution prohibits UC Berkeley, as a public institution, from banning expression based on its content or viewpoints, even when those viewpoints are hateful or discriminatory. Longstanding campus policy permits registered student organizations to invite speakers to campus and to make free use of meeting space in the Student Union for that purpose.

Finally, we have also made the BCR aware that some of those who are opposed to Yiannopoulos’s perspectives and conduct have vowed to mount a substantial protest against his presence on our campus. UCPD has been directed to maintain public safety and to do what it can to prevent disruptions and preserve order. It should be noted that the anticipated cost of those additional preparations and measures will be borne entirely by the campus, and will far exceed the basic security costs that are the responsibility of the hosting organization. We will not stand idly by while laws or university policies are violated, no matter who the perpetrators are.

Nothing we have done to plan for this event should be mistaken as an endorsement of Yiannopoulos’s views or tactics. Indeed, we are saddened that anyone would use degrading stunts or verbal assaults on marginalized members of our society to promote a political platform. And yet, I would quote my colleague, UC Irvine Chancellor Howard Gillman, who recently wrote, “Universities support free speech and condemn censorship for two reasons — to ensure that positive, helpful, illuminating messages can circulate widely, and to expose hateful or dangerous ideas that, if never engaged or rebutted, would gain traction in the darker corners of our society. Hate speech is like mold: Its enemies are bright light and fresh air.” This admonition may be more important in our current political moment than ever.

As always, we encourage those of you who wish to exercise your right to protest this event to review our standing suggestions regarding how to protest safely. We also want to reaffirm our shared commitment to the campus Principles of Community and the extent to which they capture and support our most important values and aspirations.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Dirks
Chancellor

Don't worry. Trump will correct your problem...

C3wU90wWEAAY5Ln.jpg

Trump Isn’t Going To Like This Magazine Cover

Non left speakers and faculty are present on all public university campuses. Quit crying.

And..you pay because it is a net positive for the nation. It's us....not me. Try it for a while.

Who and where?

The Olin Lecture series brought conservative speakers to college campuses. I believe they sponsored the Terry Dolan appearance I attended.

And, given that I have already told you I too have an MBA, you can be pretty sure I graduated from college...

But if you are really determined to learn where - in 2016, our lacrosse team stomped the Wolverines 22-8.....but don't feel bad....we were the best team in the country.....

So you have an Ivy League MBA and you're selling loaded mutual funds for a living? That's just sad, I need to take more pity

Trump needs to legislate that there must be a diversity of political opinions among the staff.

We can still have anti discrimination bodies in our society but they must be regulated so that they are not anti white or supremacist for any minority group/s

I don't care what the political opinions of the staff are as long as they keep it to themselves while they are at work
Well they already do that. They don't talk about it they just bully.

Engrish?

Actively enable means like at Berkeley yesterday taking proactive steps to ensure that non-left speakers like Milo are free to speak instead of suborning leftist violence as the Berkeley faculty does. Seriously, you didn't understand that?

You truly have horrible reading skills. That makes me totally believe your claim you worked in the media

If they are going to invite such volatile speakers they should provide enough security.

A libertarian is a "volatile speaker?" How is that? Smaller government. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!

Just look at the results. Maybe the faculty didn't know how much he is hated. I didn't. I don't care what he says. I think it's a made up persona.

What if you answer the question? How is a small government libertarian a "volatile speaker?"

Are you seriously advocating that to just speak of smaller government is some sort of hate speech?
You aren't very familiar with Milo's oeuvre, are you, Kazzie........

Who and where?

So you have an Ivy League MBA and you're selling loaded mutual funds for a living? That's just sad, I need to take more pity

Pace your bitterness, Kazzie.....I'm also hung like a bull.....NOW you can let it all out.....

Who and where?

I failed to notice this the first time....

You actually hobbled over to Google to find out which team beat Michigan 22-8 in lacrosse....

Then you concluded that I must have an MBA from there........have you EVER even heard of a graduate business school affiliated with that university?

I mean, if it is Ivy League and everything, it should be fairly famous, right?

Kazzie,

You're a fucking brick....this OP has been a running indictment of your numerous shortcomings....

Why don't you go have a lie down?

Engrish?

If he just spoke about smaller government I don't think he'd be as reviled as he is.

Don't worry. Trump will correct your problem...

C3wU90wWEAAY5Ln.jpg

Trump Isn’t Going To Like This Magazine Cover

Any speech other than left speech being allowed in the public is us destroying liberty. Got it. Wow, they call you Tonto for a reason ...

If he just spoke about smaller government I don't think he'd be as reviled as he is.

That is all he talks about. What else has he said? Have you ever listened to him or are liberals just leading you by the nose and you're repeating them without knowing what you are talking about?

Forum List

Back