Why an Eternal Circle of Time Cosomology Cannot Exist

The universe is not infinite.

Please provide a link proving that the universe is finite, thank you.

According to physics and what I have read the universe is an isolated system how could it be infinite ?

... the universe is an isolated system

what is the definition of the area containing more than one, isolated system universes ... ?

---> Super Duper Universe ....

and what definition is there for what contains more than one - Super Duper ?

According to physics and what I have read the universe is an isolated system how could it be infinite ?

An infinite universe must be isolated by definition because there is nothing else to exchange matter and/or energy with.

Dude an infinite number of infinite sets can co-exist. There may be an infinite number of infinite sets of universes, but theories about them are not testable and thus not science.

Until proven otherwise the logical deduction from the mathematical results is the current model of an infinite universe.

No, there is no logical deduction for ANYTHING reaching an infinite limit in the REAL world using time segments that are greater than zero.

Infinity, by definition, does not have any limits.

Infinity can be limited, for example the set of whole numbers is both infinite and bounded, so are positive number set.

Even so, REALITY does have limits.

No, there is no logical deduction for ANYTHING reaching an infinite limit in the REAL world using time segments that are greater than zero.

Infinity can be limited, for example the set of whole numbers is both infinite and bounded, so are positive number set.

Irrelevant deflection. The definition of infinity remains unchanged.

infinity - definition of infinity by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

in•fin•i•ty (ɪnˈfɪn ɪ ti)

n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or state of being infinite.
2. something that is infinite.
3. infinite space, time, or quantity.
4. an infinite extent, amount, or number.
5. an indefinitely great amount or number.
6. Math.
a. the assumed limit of a sequence, series, etc., that increases without bound.
b. infinite distance or an infinitely distant part of space.

infinity - definition of infinity by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

n., pl. -ties.
6. Math.

Lol, Derideo, the FACT is that infinity CAN have limits and bounds. I gave you examples and you shrug them off with a rhetorical dodge?

Whole number set; infinite but bounded/limited as it does not include the irrational numbers and imaginary numbers.

n., pl. -ties.
6. Math.

Lol, Derideo, the FACT is that infinity CAN have limits and bounds. I gave you examples and you shrug them off with a rhetorical dodge?

Whole number set; infinite but bounded/limited as it does not include the irrational numbers and imaginary numbers.

This is about the universe where you cannot prove that it is finite.

You make an assertion that is not really testable right now, since we cannot traverse much more than our own solar system and that takes years.

Given the proven theories, Big Bang, conservation of energy, the known data suggests that the universe is very large and very old, but not infinite and eternal based on mathematical problems regarding infinite sets.

The extraordinary claim that flies against most of the scientific views right now is that the universe is finite, which places the burden of proof on your set of assertions.

There is no time...there is only stuff in relative position to everything else

Doubt that? Still think there's a 4th dimension called time?

Prove that time exists without using something that has changed its position in relation to something else.

Cannot be done.

Prove that time exists without using something that has changed its position in relation to something else.

Cannot be done.

Decay - ?

I'm not even sure I accept your premise.

An infinite universe must be isolated by definition because there is nothing else to exchange matter and/or energy with.

Not necessarily true. For instance, Brain theory suggests that there is another universe with another set of rules that is completely different than our current physics. That theory, AFAIK, does not care whether or not our universe is infinite; it is utterly irrelevant. A three dimensional surface that is infinite does not necessarily encompass all 3 dimensional space either. If there was ANOTHER infinite 3 dimensional space located on a second 4th dimensional axis, you would have 2 infinite 3 dimensional spaces. Further, there is noting that states a 4th dimensional method did not exist that created interactions between the 2 infinite 3 dimensional spaces.

To assume that infinite anything encompasses everything is to misconstrue the concept of infinite. Infinite can still be defined. An infinite single dimensional line encompasses everything along that line but ONLY along that like. It is still infinite even though it does not contain all of the possible infinite lines that are possible on other points of a two dimensional space.

Cannot be done.

?
That is a meaningless statement. I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Time exists, that is a cold hard fact that cannot be refuted any more than the existence of matter can be refuted. You can postulate a million things (like the matrix) but none of that has any value at all. It is no different than Russell’s teapot in this context. The real question is whether or not time can be considered a fourth dimension and the fact that time, like distance, is traversed differently and at different speeds by different sets of matter and energy it would seem that time is, indeed, another dimension.

There's no such thing as time, mass or dimensions in the mind of our Creator, where everything was created. We are only His thoughts (information, also known as energy) that have no definition, but once processed, gives us a defined world to experience life in, but only as an illusion (visions and dreams).

Cannot be done.

?
That is a meaningless statement. I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Time exists, that is a cold hard fact that cannot be refuted any more than the existence of matter can be refuted. You can postulate a million things (like the matrix) but none of that has any value at all. It is no different than Russell’s teapot in this context. The real question is whether or not time can be considered a fourth dimension and the fact that time, like distance, is traversed differently and at different speeds by different sets of matter and energy it would seem that time is, indeed, another dimension.

Agreed. We measure each dimension relative to the others. Individually dimensions like height, length and width are meaningless unless we know where they start and end relative to other objects. So to claim that time can only be measured relative to other objects means that it is a dimension.

You make an assertion that is not really testable right now, since we cannot traverse much more than our own solar system and that takes years.

Given the proven theories, Big Bang, conservation of energy, the known data suggests that the universe is very large and very old, but not infinite and eternal based on mathematical problems regarding infinite sets.

The extraordinary claim that flies against most of the scientific views right now is that the universe is finite, which places the burden of proof on your set of assertions.

You have already been provided with the mathematical proof of an infinite universe. The onus is on you to demonstrate that the math is flawed. Since you cannot the proof for an infinite universe remains as the current definition. Good luck with finding a flaw. Please let us know when you find it.

Forum List

Back