Why Are Conservatives So Resentful Of Americans With Good Jobs?

I keep hearing from the union folks that it is THEIR job they are using terror tactics to keep.
Fact is the jobs at my company ARE MY JOBS.
Same with every company. The jobs belong to THE OWNERS of the company.
Workers trade their time and skills to the company FOR CASH COMPENSATION.
All jobs belong to the owners of the company.

No, they belong to all of us.

No business would survive for a minute without the goodwill of the society in general. Well, maybe strip joints and brothels... but frankly, I suspect you are below them.

The person THAT PROVIDES the job owns it.
And can take it away at will. Remember that.
Look at the Hostess bankruptcy case. Educate thyself.
I can eliminate a job anytime I want to. I own the jobs. Because I pay the workers.
Get used to it.

For all you morons buying the Plutocratic Line..

Hostess Brands is in bankruptcy for the second time in eight years. Since the first bankruptcy in 2004, BCTGM members across the country have taken dramatic wage and benefit concessions and watched as 21 Hostess plants were shut down and thousands of jobs lost. At the time of the first bankruptcy, Hostess workers were assured by management that money saved via concessions or plant closings would help make the company stronger, more vibrant, and more competitive.

Instead, helpless Hostess employees watched as money that was supposed to go towards capital investment, product development, plant improvement and new equipment went to executive bonuses and payouts to the hedge funds that own Hostess Brands. They watched as the company illegally withdrew from all Taft-Hartley pension plans, saving more than $50 million in the first five months. The BCTGM learned that the then Hostess CEO was to be awarded a 300% raise, and at least nine other top executives were to receive raises ranging between 35% and 80%.

Since the company ceased making contractually obligated payments to the Hostess workers' pensions in July 2011, it has pocketed approximately $160 million – money earned by and owed to its dedicated workforce.

StreetInsider.com - BCTGM Members Initiate National Strike at Hostess Brands

Let me tell you the facts:
Hostess goes into Chapter 11 bankruptcy which is reorganization of their debt.
Under Federal bankruptcy law ALL union contracts are suspended.
Hostess goes to the union lawyers and shows them the creditors list which is required by the courts. They acknowledge it.
Hostess tells the union employees that if there is a strike that disrupts delivery of their bakery goods then they can not honor any of the reorganization agreements with their creditors per the Chapter 11 bankruptcy under the direction of The Trustee.
I know this is 20 feet over your union head Joe but hang on.
Union employees refuse to listen to the bankruptcy Trustee which is AN INDEPENDENT individual. They listen to their union leaders instead.
Hostess tells the union that they can not give them a pay raise and will close the plants if the union strikes. Hostess says they will fire all the workers if they strike. They gave them notice of this WHICH WAS ACCEPTED BY THE BANKRUPTCY COURT AS THAT IS THE LAW.
Union on notice that if they strike they will be fired and the plant will be closed.
The union strikes
The company closes and fires all of the workers.
Union members cry and wonder why and claim "we were never told".
BS, their GOD DAMN LEADERS WERE TOLD as they signed off on it as required by LAW under the suspension of union contracts notice per Chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY LAW.
They accepted the notice. They knew what would happen if they struck.
And have NO jobs now.
So tell me Joe, if they "owned" the jobs how come THEY HAVE NO JOB NOW?

What did that have to do with my point.

How about this. Seizing all the bonuses and dividends paid to hedge fund managers to keep operations going.

That seems reasonable.

The problem is, we let people go into these companies, loot the shit out of them, and when unions object to the law being broken (such as illegally robbing the pension fund, as was done here), they are the bad guys...

Only in your bizarro world.

Actually, the Hostess thing was a lot more complicated than that... mostly doing with bad management decisions.

Yep. Management made the bad decision of agreeing to union extortion.

No, their mistake was letting their biggest competitor - Dolly Madison - buy them out. This is their second bankruptcy in two years, and they insist they need to cut wages by 8%.

How was that a mistake? Bankruptcy certainly isn't a good indication that wages need to be increased.

The thing is, whenever there is one of these things, investors and managers and CEO's never seem to need to take a hit. Nope, it's those damned workers actually baking the goods.

It's either take a pay cut or go out of business. You're a fool if you believe management doesn't "take a hit."

What did that have to do with my point.

How about this. Seizing all the bonuses and dividends paid to hedge fund managers to keep operations going.

That seems reasonable.

It's about as reasonable as the French Revolution.

You're just full of schemes to loot and steal what doesn't belong to you, aren't you? How about this: keep your hands off of stuff that doesn't belong to you?

The problem is, we let people go into these companies, loot the shit out of them, and when unions object to the law being broken (such as illegally robbing the pension fund, as was done here), they are the bad guys...

Only in your bizarro world.

You're confused. Union members are the people doing the looting.

[

Not confused at all. Hostess signed a contract to provide pensions and wages.

Then hedge fund managers came in and said, "You need to take reductions in pay in order to pay for the money we borrowed to buy your company."

It wasn't a matter of "who owns what", it's a matter of doing what you agreed to do.

[

Then quit being a bitch and get off your whiny ass, save some $$$ and start your own gig.

Much easier to vote to take your shit.

Oh, wait. We did that. Last Tuesday.

Enjoy your higher tax rate, mother-fucker.

I do not make over 250K a year dumb ass. That is your boy Obama's plan.
But you are right as we are a nation of the haves which are hard working folk like me and the I want to haves which is you.
You are jealous and envious of all of us that outwork you and have more than you.
You want to work your 40 hour week and have us work our 7 days a week so you can sit on your ass and have what we have.
Same as it was when I played ball. Those that worked their asses off got to play and those like you that wanted a free ride did not play.
"Fair" is never part of the equation if YOU work hard.

[

Then hedge fund managers came in and said, "You need to take reductions in pay in order to pay for the money we borrowed to buy your company."

It wasn't a matter of "who owns what", it's a matter of doing what you agreed to do.

No.
CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY SUSPENDS ALL UNION CONTRACTS.
Change the law if you do not like it but that is the law.
And it is in EVERY union contract.
On your best day and my worst day you can never out work me on anything, especially what THE LAW is.
Never.

But you are right as we are a nation of the haves which are hard working folk like me and the I want to haves which is you.
You are jealous and envious of all of us that outwork you and have more than you.
You want to work your 40 hour week and have us work our 7 days a week so you can sit on your ass and have what we have.
Same as it was when I played ball. Those that worked their asses off got to play and those like you that wanted a free ride did not play.

What, you don't make 250K? I thought you were like rich, rubbing it in other people's faces.

Yawn... life isn't a football game. You really need to stop reliving your glory season, you weren't good enough to get into the pros.

There are people who work two jobs, 7 days a week, and don't get anything but screwed. Hell, there are people who work harder than I do and make less than I do.

Last job I had, I put in 60 hour weeks. They still fired me when I got sick. Fuck the Plutocrats.

[

No.
On your best day and my worst day you can never out work me on anything, especially what THE LAW is.
Never.

Yawn... the law is what people say it is.

I think it would be awesome if the Dept. of Labor stops by and lets Hostess know they will be sending OSHA out to go over their books with a fine tooth comb.

And then the SEC will be comeing out to go over their financials with a fine tooth comb.

And the the IRS will stop by to have a chat.

Unless they settle amicably with their workers...

Again, the plutocrats think they can bully the rest of us, but Tuesday, we proved they can't.

What, you don't make 250K? I thought you were like rich, rubbing it in other people's faces.

Yawn... life isn't a football game. You really need to stop reliving your glory season, you weren't good enough to get into the pros.

There are people who work two jobs, 7 days a week, and don't get anything but screwed. Hell, there are people who work harder than I do and make less than I do.

Last job I had, I put in 60 hour weeks. They still fired me when I got sick. Fuck the Plutocrats.

I have no glory season to relive!!:lol::lol:
I work 3 jobs Joe.

No.
Never.

I think it would be awesome if the Dept. of Labor stops by and lets Hostess know they will be sending OSHA out to go over their books with a fine tooth comb.

And then the SEC will be comeing out to go over their financials with a fine tooth comb.

Again, the plutocrats think they can bully the rest of us, but Tuesday, we proved they can't.

The bankruptcy court ONLY will decide what happens.
Tuesday had nothing to do with bankruptcy law. If anything it will strengthen the rights of stock holders and first in line creditors.
I am sure that you would support your cash in your bank account going to a union worker if the bank went under instead of you.

No.
Never.

The government can find anything they want to put in those records to begin with. Hostess will do what companies in similar situations always do. Sell off the assets, the distribution of which will be overseen by the bankruptcy trustee. The workers will get whatever they are awarded and the company will go out of business. Over 18,000 people will lose their jobs but who cares, they can always go on welfare. The corporate CEOs that ran things will go on to other companies, probably out of the US, and run things there. It will be someplace that doesn't have a union stranglehold.

No fork lift can lift 12 tons. Top weight for them is about 2 1/2 tons.

That's good to know.

H190-280HD2-lift-truck.jpg

You are talking about something else.

Oh?

H360HD_280N.jpg

A 5th grader could operate a fork lift. Takes little to NO brains.

I've got people picking up 12 ton tools off of racks all day, I sure don't want a 5th grader running the fork lift.

Accidents and deaths occur when fools underestimate the job and the equipment.

No, they belong to all of us.

Comrade, you are a fucktard.

When someone pays you to do a job, they are PURCHASING from you, your time and expertise. Just as you purchase your malt liquor from the corner store. Is the store owner entitled to the change you've panhandled by merit that you have bought Colt 45 from him in the past?

Your employer owes you nothing more, they are purchasing from you. When they want to buy from a different source, that's their right, unless you have a contract.

No business would survive for a minute without the goodwill of the society in general. Well, maybe strip joints and brothels... but frankly, I suspect you are below them.

You have not an inkling of a clue as to what makes a business survive or thrive. You are a parasite, which is why you're a communist.

Forum List

Back