Why are oil prices what people judge Presidents for?

LOL what loser?

US oil production has steadily declined during the Biden presidency. It increased during the Trump presidency. It was only interrupted by COVID. Dumb ass.
“I think all those things came together but then it was this dealmaker ... Donald Trump who got on the phones,” Yergin said. “I would say it looked like a mission impossible a few weeks ago. Turned out, it was mission possible.”

His comments came after OPEC+ finalized an agreement to cut production by 9.7 million barrels per day — the single largest output cut in history.

OPEC+ is hoping that nations outside of the group, including the U.S., Canada and Norway, will also cut back on production in an effort to shore up prices. For his part, Trump has noted that market forces would naturally curb output stateside, after previously stopping short of saying the U.S. would scale back production.

main.svg

Why do people think that the President has much to do with the price of...anything? Why does a President have more control over the price of oil than, say, apples? And why does oil matter more than apples?

When was the last time someone looked at the price of corn and either clapped their hands or stomped their feet (depending on political orientations, of course) about whether the President was to credit/blame?

If we believe in a free market where prices are set by supply and demand, then why should prices be attributed to Presidents? And why some prices and not other prices?

Anyone know the price of cherries lately? Because I think lots of you are picking them no matter if they're ripe or not.
If a president comes into office and within two hours shut down cherry production would your analogy start making more or less sense?

I've already provided multiple documentation on what they did. Especially on making it costly for banks to finance oil projects.
I don't remember your name being Missouri Mike.

The U.S. land rig count was shown to have increased by 250 year on year, and its inland water rig count was shown to have risen by three year on year, however its offshore rig count was shown to have dropped by five year on year.Feb 28, 2022

USA Adds Several More Rigs | Rigzone​

Where was all of this concern for Ukraine when your heeeero Obama allowed Russia to steam roll Crimea? Ukraine owns Crimea, moron--can you find either on the map. Study your history. Ukraine is to Russia as Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and the Marshall Islands are to the US. STFU
Ukraine is an independent nation, assclown.

Whattsamatter, Laughing Boy, afraid to defend Ukraine so as not to offend Putin's asseater Trump?

Ukraine is an independent nation, assclown.

Whattsamatter, Laughing Boy, afraid to defend Ukraine so as not to offend Putin's asseater Trump?
Neither are any of those US TERRITORIES that I listed moron. BTW stupid fuck, if you could comprehend simple English, you would understand when I said, We have no business taking sides.
Run along now you idiot asshole, suck Biden's dick some more.

D
Neither are any of those US TERRITORIES that I listed moron. BTW stupid fuck, if you could comprehend simple English, you would understand when I said, We have no business taking sides.
Run along now you idiot asshole, suck Biden's dick some more.
Don't worry Clown, Trump may some day grow a set & call out Putin for his murderous invasion of a sovereign nation & then maybe you'll grow a set too. You're pissed because your boy was impeached for trying to blackmail Zelensky, so fuck off.

You Trump asseating hypocrits are all alike.

Why do people think that the President has much to do with the price of...anything? Why does a President have more control over the price of oil than, say, apples? And why does oil matter more than apples?

When was the last time someone looked at the price of corn and either clapped their hands or stomped their feet (depending on political orientations, of course) about whether the President was to credit/blame?

If we believe in a free market where prices are set by supply and demand, then why should prices be attributed to Presidents? And why some prices and not other prices?

Anyone know the price of cherries lately? Because I think lots of you are picking them no matter if they're ripe or not.

I don't know, why do your kind blame POTUS for the covid mess the Democrack's built?

Why do your kind blame conservatives for the racism you built?

Two hours after his inauguration Bidumb killed XL and federal oil leases. How is this hard for you to understand?
The XL is a pipeline it doesn't extract oil from the ground. Oil production in the US was not stopped. It was forced to cut back because of the pandemic and a glut of inventories...

Special Report: Trump told Saudi: Cut oil supply or lose U.S. military support - sources​

By Timothy Gardner, Steve Holland, Dmitry Zhdannikov, Rania El Gamal
12 MIN READ

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

Forum List

Back