Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Drug addiction is more like pollution. What difference does it make if some factory dumps a couple of gallons of gunk in the river? It doesn't really hurt anyone if some junkie throws his needle away or craps on the sidewalk. Except that we know its not one factory and a couple of gallons. It's not one junkie and a needle. How do you decide who will have that license to pollute or use drugs.

If you want to confine drug users to homes or wherever they are warehoused you have a better point. Just keep them from getting out.
Once again you are presenting flawed comparisons

There is no analogy between a person who occasionally uses Marijuana and a junkie

You obviously think that even an occasional drinker is the same as a junkie

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
A person that uses marijuana does so with the intent of getting high or a buzz. They are a junkie. A person who drinks with the intent of getting drunk is an alcoholic. Many people have an occasional drink without getting drunk.
how the fuck would you know?....you spewed so much bullshit about pot over the years that what you say today is bullshit...
Spoken by an "enthusiast ".
after what you have said about how you feel about "potheads" and then now you claim you have 2 of them living with you?....you dont have much credibility on this subject because you are full of shit...
Yes indeed. After an unfortunate event in Los Angeles my son thought it best that I live with him and his wife. My daughter in law's son from a prior marriage and his wife were already living there. Both the son and his wife are pot heads but only the wife is also an alcoholic. Make sense now?

Their behavior is so typical of potties it's amusing in a twisted way. The alkie is a bit more dangerous. She's always falling down the stairs. That's what stumblebums do.

There is no analogy between a person who occasionally uses Marijuana and a junkie

A person that uses marijuana does so with the intent of getting high or a buzz. They are a junkie. A person who drinks with the intent of getting drunk is an alcoholic. Many people have an occasional drink without getting drunk.
how the fuck would you know?....you spewed so much bullshit about pot over the years that what you say today is bullshit...
after what you have said about how you feel about "potheads" and then now you claim you have 2 of them living with you?....you dont have much credibility on this subject because you are full of shit...
Yes indeed. After an unfortunate event in Los Angeles my son thought it best that I live with him and his wife. My daughter in law's son from a prior marriage and his wife were already living there. Both the son and his wife are pot heads but only the wife is also an alcoholic. Make sense now?

Their behavior is so typical of potties it's amusing in a twisted way. The alkie is a bit more dangerous. She's always falling down the stairs. That's what stumblebums do.
So you are basing your opinions on the behavior of literally millions of people on the behaviors of your degenerate children.

Drug addiction is more like pollution. What difference does it make if some factory dumps a couple of gallons of gunk in the river? It doesn't really hurt anyone if some junkie throws his needle away or craps on the sidewalk. Except that we know its not one factory and a couple of gallons. It's not one junkie and a needle. How do you decide who will have that license to pollute or use drugs.

If you want to confine drug users to homes or wherever they are warehoused you have a better point. Just keep them from getting out.

That is dead on right. My brother in law from the military, had beers now and then. Never once seen him, or any of my relatives drunk. There is a huge difference between an occasional drinking, and getting plastered.
But you think there is no difference between an occasional cannabis user and a junkie.

Nice double standard

yea so typical....maybe the ones you live with...elsewhere not so typical....

So you are basing your opinions on the behavior of literally millions of people on the behaviors of your degenerate children.
exactly....

Hey they aren't my degenerate children. Have known many druggies and potheads. They are pretty much all alike. First indication is none can recognize the problem.

That is dead on right. My brother in law from the military, had beers now and then. Never once seen him, or any of my relatives drunk. There is a huge difference between an occasional drinking, and getting plastered.
But you think there is no difference between an occasional cannabis user and a junkie.

Nice double standard
Do you use cannabis for the effect? If yes then you are a junkie.

Hey they aren't my degenerate children. Have known many druggies and potheads. They are pretty much all alike. First indication is none can recognize the problem.
yea sure you have....

Nice double standard
if you can put it down weeks at a time you aint no junkie....

you called the kid...your son....

The kid is the 35 year old son of my daughter in law from a prior marriage. Not my son. My son doesn't use drugs or drink.

Yes on some level I do feel sorry for this guy. He doesn't think of himself as an addict and cannot see how his drug use is eating the life out of him. Why are people against legalizing marijuana? Because they see what it does. They see the effect.

How many ?

Nice double standard

Wow you really like to wave the ignorance flag.

Everything I do I do because I like to do it.

I like to exercise because it makes me feel good
I like having sex with my wife because it feels good
I like using a little hash because it makes me feel good

I guess I'm addicted to feeling good.

You are addicted to being a judgemental ignoramus

The kid is the 35 year old son of my daughter in law from a prior marriage. Not my son. My son doesn't use drugs or drink.

Yes on some level I do feel sorry for this guy. He doesn't think of himself as an addict and cannot see how his drug use is eating the life out of him. Why are people against legalizing marijuana? Because they see what it does. They see the effect.
they also see what alcohol does only much worse,but yet its cool....cigarettes kill you over time and it is one of the most addicting things out there,but thats ok too....and you are making as big of a mistake as you say they are by moving in with these people.....what other drugs do they do?.....

1. Maybe some people feel that marijuana should be illegal, but that it should NOT lead to jail or even a fine.

2. Maybe they want it to be illegal so that the police can confiscate it and destroy it whenever they find it.

3. People already have enough drugs to help them endure life: alcohol, tobacco, sugar.

4. Some people ask: Why encourage another drug?

5. Here in Los Angeles, there are so many pedestrian deaths that the authorities are begging drivers not to text while driving. Are drivers safe when they are high on alcohol or marijuana?

Read. No I didn't. The closest I came was saying "the son". You aren't high right now are you?

Read. No I didn't. The closest I came was saying "the son". You aren't high right now are you?
you already answered me on this....did you toke up with your roommates?...or is it senility?....

they also see what alcohol does only much worse,but yet its cool....cigarettes kill you over time and it is one of the most addicting things out there,but thats ok too....and you are making as big of a mistake as you say they are by moving in with these people.....what other drugs do they do?.....
Only those two do drugs. They both use pot but the girl is a severe alcoholic. I mean drink to blackout alcoholic. Cigarettes might kill you but they do not impair functioning. Pot just eats the life right out.

you already answered me on this....did you toke up with your roommates?...or is it senility?....
I am pure. I have no vices. I do not do drugs, drink or smoke.

Only those two do drugs. They both use pot but the girl is a severe alcoholic. I mean drink to blackout alcoholic. Cigarettes might kill you but they do not impair functioning. Pot just eats the life right out.
yea sure it does.....i smoked for 30 years and yet i worked 33 years on the same job,called in sick maybe 4 times a year,retired with a great pension,raised a son who makes over a hundred thousand a year,married to the same woman for 42 years,had a house,i have never had a driving ticket,used to drink coffee with cops at the bagel shop by where i worked.....if you would move to a nicer area you may see a better class of people than the ones you live among today....

Forum List

Back