Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Their sole goal in life is creating a profit for their share holders.

WOW! The goal of a business is to make a profit! WOW! I bet you must have learned that in your economics doctorate class. Who knew?

The truth is embarrassing isn't it? America is all about the wealthy. It isn't designed for middle class or poor folk. Its the way it always has been. I've been around for 80 years. I've seen what happens here. You poor little patriotic rubes will eventually figure it out.

Conservatives are more likely than liberals or progressives to believe in what is known as the “just world fallacy,” where people who suffer misfortune are viewed as somehow deserving their fates. Conservatives are also more likely than liberals or progressives not to use systems-level thinking as a means of understanding that individuals do not exist separate and apart from society. Conservatives are also more likely to defend social inequality as “fair and legitimate.”

True.

Moreover, conservatives are, for the most part, adherents of the failed dogma of social Darwinism, the wrongheaded notion that those who live in poverty are somehow ‘lacking,’ that they don’t possess the intelligence or willpower to be successful, and are poor as a consequence of their failings, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Conservatives are more likely than liberals or progressives to believe in what is known as the “just world fallacy,” where people who suffer misfortune are viewed as somehow deserving their fates. Conservatives are also more likely than liberals or progressives not to use systems-level thinking as a means of understanding that individuals do not exist separate and apart from society. Conservatives are also more likely to defend social inequality as “fair and legitimate.”

True.

Moreover, conservatives are, for the most part, adherents of the failed dogma of social Darwinism, the wrongheaded notion that those who live in poverty are somehow ‘lacking,’ that they don’t possess the intelligence or willpower to be successful, and are poor as a consequence of their failings, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
Except "liberals" and "progressives" are far more likely to minimize, deny, excuse, or even perpetuate discrimination and hardship for people they view as not "protected".

Gosh how old are some of these posters in here, I am applaud...what a bunch of spoiled brats who's family never had to have a few bucks last the whole week for food.
The lest expensive foods are the processed crap which make you fat.

I am a democrat and volunteered at a pregnant woman's home, who were addicted becoming well to have a healthy baby.

Some of the scums on here are either trying to be funny, or if they really are the way they sound, I hope that you remember when you are sitting n a darkroom, no food and alone because you sound like a hateful yuck of a person.
Assholes

The truth is embarrassing isn't it? America is all about the wealthy. It isn't designed for middle class or poor folk. Its the way it always has been. I've been around for 80 years. I've seen what happens here. You poor little patriotic rubes will eventually figure it out.

So you telling us all these rags to to riches story's in America is all a lie now?

Could of fooled me and Sam Walton to name a few.

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.
Of course they can afford good food. Good food does not taste as good as bad food. Food is the way the poor reward themselves. They can't afford a new car but they can afford an ice cream cone. They can't afford a steak but they can afford a big mac.
the republicans want them drug tested in Firms they own; and to deny and disparage the poor, steak and lobster if they fail any drug tests.

Clueless. The companies only drug test to get cheaper workman's compensation rates and nothing more.

Is that what it is? I thought it was just a requirement didnt know they had a choice.

It may very state by state, but most drug test to get cheaper rates which is the only smart thing to do unless you have a business with a lot of employee turnover. To my knowledge, workman's comp is a law though.

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
I think they hate waste fraud abuse lazy people. So they will purge all the slackers off foodstamps and people so incapable they truly can't figure out, will seek and find help somewhere. Maybe they'll think twice before having another kid they can't afford.

But there have to be jobs that pay a living wage for the masses. If not you will see our population shrink. I don't see a problem with that but I know the corporations want growth not reduction.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
I think they hate waste fraud abuse lazy people. So they will purge all the slackers off foodstamps and people so incapable they truly can't figure out, will seek and find help somewhere. Maybe they'll think twice before having another kid they can't afford.

But there have to be jobs that pay a living wage for the masses. If not you will see our population shrink. I don't see a problem with that but I know the corporations want growth not reduction.

Without immigration our population would already be declining. As the rest of the First World already is.

Why is there this assumption unless you back bad government programs you are being cruel to the poor??

How is outsourcing your responsibility to take are of yourself and the poor to the government being kind to anyone?

You want to end poverty? Start by working hard yourself, living within your means, taking care of your own. You cannot help others until you are on higher ground.

It's not even that they're cruel. It's that they work so hard to hurt them even worse. Read this board and see some of the most vile and vicious nastiness - it's astounding.

RWNJ traitors, who love Pooting and have the gall to say they're christian !!!, do all they can NOT to follow the teachings of Jesus. Then they come up with even more ways to keep people down.

Reason is obvious. They blame others for their own failures. RWNJs blame blacks, Hispanics, children, the poor for their own mistakes and failures.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

One of these days i hope you learn what Jesus taught. It may surprise you

Without immigration our population would already be declining. As the rest of the First World already is.

I certainly don't have any problem with that. I don't know why some people think that's a major issue. 315 million people is not enough?

I seem to remember the op having the name Tommy Tyrant with the same ugly avatar.
Get your ass kicked so much you created another account?

Forum List

Back