Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Which is great to read.

It is difficult for me to imagine anyone having an issue with what you described.

But, I've been in grocery lines where people pull out a SNAP card to pay for the front end of their purchase (food), and then shell out 50 bucks for beer, scotch, and cigarretts. I don't care if that is birthday money, it's wrong.

The libs here are telling me I'm the only one that ever had that experience. I guess that makes two of us in the entire USA. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Why do the rich make as much as they do?

Which is great to read.

It is difficult for me to imagine anyone having an issue with what you described.

But, I've been in grocery lines where people pull out a SNAP card to pay for the front end of their purchase (food), and then shell out 50 bucks for beer, scotch, and cigarretts. I don't care if that is birthday money, it's wrong.

The libs here are telling me I'm the only one that ever had that experience. I guess that makes two of us in the entire USA. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

What has that got to do with our posts ?

Food stamp use increased 70% during the Obama years. Is that good news or bad news to the left?

Because we had a horrible depression brought about after 8 years of GW.

That's fine blame the president before the Masai Obama, but remember this when us Trumpsters blame problems on the last presidents 8 years. Isn't that fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is great to read.

Why do the poor make more then less of what they do?

Which is great to read.

seems like envy, if you care what others make (or don't make).

Which is great to read.

what do they do?

Which is great to read.

what do they do?

Poor people have it Rich people need it If you eat it you die...

Which is great to read.

I could care less what they make, unless they are making it off me.

If you'd care to link your logic to the conversation, I'd be happy to try and understand it.

Right now, you are just deflecting.

Which is great to read.

We are not the ones.

But, again, is it representative.....? Don't know.

Is it abuse. Absolutely.

Which is great to read.

what do they do?

nothing but riddles instead of a valid argument? can you re-state your position in a more cogent and concise form?

Which is great to read.

If you'd care to link your logic to the conversation, I'd be happy to try and understand it.

Anybody who Pays you, is making money off you.

So who is making money off of welfare hoes ?

their pimps?

their pimps?

Well how honest of you that is pleasantly surprising...

their pimps?

Well how honest of you that is pleasantly surprising...

capitalism works.

Why don't you butt out.

The point is that I've seen people abuse food stamps.

End of story.

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
NOT ONE substantiated FACT! How can you expect people to believe you if you think we will just believe YOU?
Here is a fact:
1) First the FACTS..
but anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available. We rate her statement Mostly True.
Barbara Lee says 60 percent of people on food assistance are working
So that means at least 40% on food stamps aren't working.
Today, 28 states continue to waive the work requirement altogether, despite an average unemployment rate of 6.72 percent. (The nationwide unemployment rate reached 10 percent during the fallout from the recession and now stands just below 6 percent.) An additional 13 states have waived the work requirement in some parts of their states, despite an average unemployment rate of just 4.58.
Food Stamps, without Work Requirements
a) If of the 8 million able bodied 4 million became employed food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.
b) But more importantly if these 4 million are employed at say $30,000
Just in Social security/Medicare payments BY employer and employee of 12%= $14.4 billion in
just these two sources of Tax revenue.
c) Total difference between Trump's plan to have food stamp recipients show they can't work!
$21 billion a year in difference!
Yes I was wrong about the work requirement stat. All the other facts are correct though. Of course The 2/3 stat applies to disabled people and elderly people. I forgot to mention it.

I don't understand why the elderly need food stamps. Most working people prepare for their retirement years or at the very lest have a decent social security check every month.

Are those elderly lowlifes that just got old; people that have never worked or worked very little in their lives? My parents aren't rich and they've been retired for over 20 years and never needed food stamps.
not all do.

by Alyssa Spirato State and federal food assistance programs are meant to help struggling families, but not everyone uses their EBT card the way it's intended.NewsChannel9 obtained records pointing to some swiping theirs for alcohol and even strip clubs. Most of the transactions are on the up-and up, but others caught our eye. Ronica Scott is one of the many Chattanooga residents who relies on government assistance.

what do they do?

nothing but riddles instead of a valid argument? can you re-state your position in a more cogent and concise form?

What valid argument have you made....?

Source: Trump wants to cut $193B from food stamps
A source tells CNN President Trump's budget proposal calls for a $193 billion cut to SNAP, or the food stamps program. CNN's Phil Mattingly reports.
Source: CNN
Source: Trump wants to cut $193B from food stamps - CNN Video

Now for the FACTS..
The Budget proposes a series of reforms to SNAP that close eligibility loopholes, target benefits to the neediest households, and re-quire able-bodied adults to work.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/omb/budget/fy2018/budget.pdf
Headlines such as “How Trump’s Budget Cuts Could Hurt Low-Income Americans” (CNN) and “If You’re a Poor Person in America, Trump’s Budget is Not For You” (Washington Post) were accompanied by a New York Times editorial describing the budget as a sadistic attempt to “impose pain for pain’s sake.”
Such headlines may lead people to wonder just how deeply President Trump’s budget proposal would cut federal anti-poverty spending below current levels: Ten percent? Twenty percent? More?
The answer is: zero.
In the (highly unlikely) event that every cut proposed by Trump is enacted, it would merely reduce next year’s spending level to approximately $798 billion. So instead of expanding 2.7 percent next year, the anti-poverty budget would expand by 1.9 percent.
http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/sorry-trumps-heartless-budget-doesnt-slash-the-safety-net/
Anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/dec/11/barbara-lee/barbara-lee-says-60-percent-people-food-assistance/
So that means at least 40% on food stamps aren't working.
Today, 28 states continue to waive the work requirement altogether, despite an average unemployment rate of 6.72 percent. (The nationwide unemployment rate reached 10 percent during the fallout from the recession and now stands just below 6 percent.) An additional 13 states have waived the work requirement in some parts of their states, despite an average unemployment rate of just 4.58.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/391275/food-stamps-without-work-requirements-jillian-kay-melchior
let's them assume then of the 40% on food stamps 20% ARE able-bodied or 8 million.
http://www.statisticbrain.com/food-stamp-statistics/
foodstamp.png

a) If of the 8 million able-bodied, 4 million became employed: food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.
b) But more importantly if these 4 million are employed at say $30,000 a year.
Just in Social security/Medicare payments BY employer and employee of 12%= $14.4 billion in
just these two sources of Tax revenue.
c) Total difference between Trump's plan to have food stamp recipients show they can't work!
$21 billion a year in difference!

Forum List

Back