Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

Why do the rich make as much as they do?

What has that got to do with our posts ?
seems like envy, if you care what others make (or don't make).

I could care less what they make, unless they are making it off me.

If you'd care to link your logic to the conversation, I'd be happy to try and understand it.

Right now, you are just deflecting.
Anybody who Pays you, is making money off you.

Why don't you butt out.

The point is that I've seen people abuse food stamps.

End of story.
so what; people abuse guns.

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
NOT ONE substantiated FACT! How can you expect people to believe you if you think we will just believe YOU?
Here is a fact:
1) First the FACTS..
but anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available. We rate her statement Mostly True.
Barbara Lee says 60 percent of people on food assistance are working
So that means at least 40% on food stamps aren't working.
Today, 28 states continue to waive the work requirement altogether, despite an average unemployment rate of 6.72 percent. (The nationwide unemployment rate reached 10 percent during the fallout from the recession and now stands just below 6 percent.) An additional 13 states have waived the work requirement in some parts of their states, despite an average unemployment rate of just 4.58.
Food Stamps, without Work Requirements
a) If of the 8 million able bodied 4 million became employed food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.
b) But more importantly if these 4 million are employed at say $30,000
Just in Social security/Medicare payments BY employer and employee of 12%= $14.4 billion in
just these two sources of Tax revenue.
c) Total difference between Trump's plan to have food stamp recipients show they can't work!
$21 billion a year in difference!
Yes I was wrong about the work requirement stat. All the other facts are correct though. Of course The 2/3 stat applies to disabled people and elderly people. I forgot to mention it.

I don't understand why the elderly need food stamps. Most working people prepare for their retirement years or at the very lest have a decent social security check every month.

Are those elderly lowlifes that just got old; people that have never worked or worked very little in their lives? My parents aren't rich and they've been retired for over 20 years and never needed food stamps.
not all do.

by Alyssa Spirato State and federal food assistance programs are meant to help struggling families, but not everyone uses their EBT card the way it's intended.NewsChannel9 obtained records pointing to some swiping theirs for alcohol and even strip clubs. Most of the transactions are on the up-and up, but others caught our eye. Ronica Scott is one of the many Chattanooga residents who relies on government assistance.

good thing they are not trying to buy, six hundred dollar hammers from the defense industry.

Why do the poor make more then less of what they do?

what do they do?

Poor people have it Rich people need it If you eat it you die...

nothing but riddles instead of a valid argument? can you re-state your position in a more cogent and concise form?

What valid argument have you made....?
Only the right wing never gets it.

Only the right wing is that cognitively dissonant.

Source: Trump wants to cut $193B from food stamps
A source tells CNN President Trump's budget proposal calls for a $193 billion cut to SNAP, or the food stamps program. CNN's Phil Mattingly reports.
Source: CNN
Source: Trump wants to cut $193B from food stamps - CNN Video

Now for the FACTS..
The Budget proposes a series of reforms to SNAP that close eligibility loopholes, target benefits to the neediest households, and re-quire able-bodied adults to work.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/omb/budget/fy2018/budget.pdf
Headlines such as “How Trump’s Budget Cuts Could Hurt Low-Income Americans” (CNN) and “If You’re a Poor Person in America, Trump’s Budget is Not For You” (Washington Post) were accompanied by a New York Times editorial describing the budget as a sadistic attempt to “impose pain for pain’s sake.”
Such headlines may lead people to wonder just how deeply President Trump’s budget proposal would cut federal anti-poverty spending below current levels: Ten percent? Twenty percent? More?
The answer is: zero.
In the (highly unlikely) event that every cut proposed by Trump is enacted, it would merely reduce next year’s spending level to approximately $798 billion. So instead of expanding 2.7 percent next year, the anti-poverty budget would expand by 1.9 percent.
http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/sorry-trumps-heartless-budget-doesnt-slash-the-safety-net/
Anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available.
Today, 28 states continue to waive the work requirement altogether, despite an average unemployment rate of 6.72 percent. (The nationwide unemployment rate reached 10 percent during the fallout from the recession and now stands just below 6 percent.) An additional 13 states have waived the work requirement in some parts of their states, despite an average unemployment rate of just 4.58.
let's them assume then of the 40% on food stamps 20% ARE able-bodied or 8 million.
Food Stamp (SNAP) Recipient Statistics - Statistic Brain
View attachment 129586

a) If of the 8 million able-bodied, 4 million became employed: food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.
b) But more importantly if these 4 million are employed at say $30,000 a year.
Just in Social security/Medicare payments BY employer and employee of 12%= $14.4 billion in
c) Total difference between Trump's plan to have food stamp recipients show they can't work!
end the War on Drugs not Food Stamps for the poor.

A source tells CNN President Trump's budget proposal calls for a $193 billion cut to SNAP, or the food stamps program. CNN's Phil Mattingly reports.

Now for the FACTS..
The Budget proposes a series of reforms to SNAP that close eligibility loopholes, target benefits to the neediest households, and re-quire able-bodied adults to work.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/omb/budget/fy2018/budget.pdf
Headlines such as “How Trump’s Budget Cuts Could Hurt Low-Income Americans” (CNN) and “If You’re a Poor Person in America, Trump’s Budget is Not For You” (Washington Post) were accompanied by a New York Times editorial describing the budget as a sadistic attempt to “impose pain for pain’s sake.”
Such headlines may lead people to wonder just how deeply President Trump’s budget proposal would cut federal anti-poverty spending below current levels: Ten percent? Twenty percent? More?
In the (highly unlikely) event that every cut proposed by Trump is enacted, it would merely reduce next year’s spending level to approximately $798 billion. So instead of expanding 2.7 percent next year, the anti-poverty budget would expand by 1.9 percent.
http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/sorry-trumps-heartless-budget-doesnt-slash-the-safety-net/
Anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available.
let's them assume then of the 40% on food stamps 20% ARE able-bodied or 8 million.
View attachment 129586

a) If of the 8 million able-bodied, 4 million became employed: food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.

And all I'm asking is the 4 million able-bodied with NO dependents go to work for their food stamps.
Remember we have all this deteriorating "infrastructures"...that these able bodied no dependents should be offered to work on to earn their SNAP card!

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
NOT ONE substantiated FACT! How can you expect people to believe you if you think we will just believe YOU?
Here is a fact:
1) First the FACTS..
but anywhere from about 42 to 58 percent is a reasonable summary of the report’s findings and more recent data available. We rate her statement Mostly True.
a) If of the 8 million able bodied 4 million became employed food stamp savings : almost $7 Billion.
b) But more importantly if these 4 million are employed at say $30,000
Yes I was wrong about the work requirement stat. All the other facts are correct though. Of course The 2/3 stat applies to disabled people and elderly people. I forgot to mention it.

I don't understand why the elderly need food stamps. Most working people prepare for their retirement years or at the very lest have a decent social security check every month.

Are those elderly lowlifes that just got old; people that have never worked or worked very little in their lives? My parents aren't rich and they've been retired for over 20 years and never needed food stamps.
not all do.

by Alyssa Spirato State and federal food assistance programs are meant to help struggling families, but not everyone uses their EBT card the way it's intended.NewsChannel9 obtained records pointing to some swiping theirs for alcohol and even strip clubs. Most of the transactions are on the up-and up, but others caught our eye. Ronica Scott is one of the many Chattanooga residents who relies on government assistance.

More sad then funny. Only someone who has no moral responsibilities. No character. No adult demeanor would think this funny.

Now for the FACTS..
View attachment 129586

And all I'm asking is the 4 million able-bodied with NO dependents go to work for their food stamps.
Remember we have all this deteriorating "infrastructures"...that these able bodied no dependents should be offered to work on to earn their SNAP card!
Somebody has to hire them. Besides, employment is at will; not socialized on a national basis.

Now for the FACTS..
View attachment 129586

Somebody has to hire them. Besides, employment is at will; not socialized on a national basis.

And so is starving to death if you are able-bodied and have NO DEPENDENTS!
Why am I to take care of someone who has NO desire to take care of themselves?
Let them figure out what to do. If they want to commit a crime. Fine. Put them in prison for 10 years. Feed them care for them. AND guess what?
Remember Cool Hand Luke? They'll be working on the road gangs! GREAT!

If you'd care to link your logic to the conversation, I'd be happy to try and understand it.

Why don't you butt out.

End of story.

It's their guns...they can shoot themselves in the head if they want too

Why don't you butt out.

End of story.

That argument makes a great deal of sense.

The best I've seen.

Please quit drinking and posting.

You look more stupid than normal.

Why do the poor make more then less of what they do?

what do they do?

nothing but riddles instead of a valid argument? can you re-state your position in a more cogent and concise form?

What valid argument have you made ?

Answer the question, moron.

Now for the FACTS..
View attachment 129586

Let them figure out what to do. If they want to commit a crime. Fine. Put them in prison for 10 years. Feed them care for them. AND guess what?

As near as I can tell, you are not going to get a good answer to those questions.

This appears to be all about class envy.

Agreed since Ronnie "saved" SS the GOPers have used to hide the cost of tax cuts to the rich to the tune of $2.7+ trillion, now that it's due to be paid back, CONservatives/GOPers say SS is "broke". OPM

LOVE that static economic forecasting don't you?

IF what you say was true, how then did REVENUES double in the President Reagan decade?

As for Social Security going broke, simply observe the bottom line. Neutral site and I know how facts and reality are foreign to you. Need I coach you as to the meaning of the red and green numbers?

Long%20Term%20Liability_zpsr0jevwri.jpg

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

DOUBLED? LMAOROG

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

Bush Treasury Official Carroll: "We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Tax Foundation's Prante: "A Stretch" To Claim "Cutting Capital Gains Taxes Raises Tax Revenues."

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn't Square with Reality

Meanwhile, following that initial tax cut, Reagan actually ended up raising taxes - eleven times. That's according to former Republican Sen. Alan Simpson, a longtime Reagan friend who co-chaired President Obama's fiscal commission that last year offered a deficit reduction proposal.

"Ronald Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes," historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan's diaries, told NPR. "He knew that it was necessary at times. And so there's a false mythology out there about Reagan as this conservative president who came in and just cut taxes and trimmed federal spending in a dramatic way. It didn't happen that way. It's false."

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn't Square with Reality

First of all, revenues as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP), which is the best way to compare across years, dropped from 19.1 percent in 1981 to a low of 16.9 percent in 1984, before rebounding slightly to 17.8 percent in 1989. One reason the deficit soared during Reagan’s term is because spending went up as a share of the economy and revenues went down.

A Treasury Department study on the impact of tax bills since 1940, first released in 2006 and later updated, found that the 1981 tax cut reduced revenues by $208 billion in its first four years. (These figures are rendered in constant 2012 dollars.) The tax reform act of 1986, which was designed to be revenue neutral, reduced revenues by less than $1 billion four years after enactment.

But Reagan’s tax increases in 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1987 boosted revenue by $137 billion.

Overall, that’s a revenue loss from Reagan’s various tax bills, but it also shows that Moore is crediting to Reagan’s tax cuts revenues generated by Reagan’s tax increases.
Rand Paul’s claim that Reagan’s tax cuts produced ‘more revenue’ and ‘tens of millions of jobs’

KNOW WHAT INFLATION IS BUTTERCUP?

Do Tax Cuts Increase Revenues? No, Tax cuts do not Increase Revenue

Do Tax Cuts Increase Revenues? No, Tax cuts do not Increase Revenue - Fact and Myth

From a totally anonymous site. So impressive!

Now for the FACTS..
View attachment 129586

Just standard, right wing, "hate on the poor"? Capitalists get a capital tax break; tell them to "work hard" and create Jobs Booms.

Why don't you butt out.

End of story.

It's their guns...they can shoot themselves in the head if they want too

we would not be having this discussion, if it were Only that.

Why don't you butt out.

End of story.

That argument makes a great deal of sense.

The best I've seen.

Please quit drinking and posting.

You look more stupid than normal.
gun abuse is worse than welfare abuse.

what do they do?

What valid argument have you made ?

Answer the question, moron.
Only the right wing is cognitively dissonant enough to want to know, how much persons make when they are poor, but claim we should not care how much the rich make.

Now for the FACTS..
View attachment 129586

As near as I can tell, you are not going to get a good answer to those questions.

Yes, appeals to emotion is most of what the right wing has.

dears, the Poor and Mr. Trump Only pay the Taxes we are Legally Obligated to Pay;

don't whine and complain; Be Patriotic.

Yes, appeals to emotion is most of what the right wing has.

dears, the Poor and Mr. Trump Only pay the Taxes we are Legally Obligated to Pay;

don't whine and complain; Be Patriotic.

I quote a Federal Judge...

Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible;
he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury.
There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible.
Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands.

Judge Learned Hand

Billings Learned Hand was a United States judge and judicial philosopher.
He served on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and later the United States Court of Appeals for the Second
TOP 25 QUOTES BY LEARNED HAND (of 94) | A-Z Quotes

Now if you want to donate to the Federal Government so it can spend on really important projects like these:
Then donate to :
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service may accept gifts donated to the United States Government to reduce debt held by the public. Acting for the Secretary of the Treasury, Fiscal Service may accept a gift of: Money, made only on the condition that it be used to reduce debt held by the public.
Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public
Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public
I'd rather do as Judge Hand suggested since monkeys on a treadmill seems to be a waste of my tax dollars!

1.398WastedFedspending.png

Forum List

Back